Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

For most of the day, an awful lot of you were feeling good about Jetscode being a murderer. The votes went on him and off him and back on and then off again once he told you he was the cop. I28 was also greatly suspect, and Barmacral even took some heat for sitting on the counter listening to the chaos around him. Who would you eventually choose? Or would you? Maybe there are too many to choose from and ultimately, you won’t be able to come together.

The day got heated, with some of you pairing off to duke it out. But ultimately, you worked it out and decided on Jif. Since you were in the kitchen, the simplest way to end this was with something handy.

Jif, Mr. Rose, angry mob member, town aligned, was killed in the kitchen with the knife.

It is now night 1. You have 24 hours to get night actions in to me.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cause I'm wrong a lot... hahhahahahahahah :P

:P

Your choice I suppose. I don't think slats is scum but I don't have the gun. Your call. I'm also gonna say even if you are scum hats off for toughening it out on the most brutal day I've been a part of.

Britneys gone. Why has everything changed? :(

If I'm really your #1 choice for scum (as evidenced by your latest useless vote), then I'm the one you should target.

I signed up for another game on Myndjack -so I'll be playing next week- and it would be fun to laugh at you for being a moron.

You signed up for a game here too - now shut the **** up about my playing style and start playing it.

For most of the day, an awful lot of you were feeling good about Jetscode being a murderer. The votes went on him and off him and back on and then off again once he told you he was the cop. I28 was also greatly suspect, and Barmacral even took some heat for sitting on the counter listening to the chaos around him. Who would you eventually choose? Or would you? Maybe there are too many to choose from and ultimately, you won’t be able to come together.

The day got heated, with some of you pairing off to duke it out. But ultimately, you worked it out and decided on Jif. Since you were in the kitchen, the simplest way to end this was with something handy.

Jif, Mr. Rose, angry mob member, town aligned, was killed in the kitchen with the knife.

jiff really took the whole angry mob thing to heart.. what dedication to stay in character all game day. Remind me never to flavor him as an exhibitionist ...

here's the thing though, the way Lily writes that makes me think there's probably a scum and town aligned angry mob member with the same power, no. Like a ying and a yang.

Elaborate please...

Well, full disclosure, I'm torn, because when I read your posts I can really tell how hard you're trying and I feel it's genuine. I'm thinking the monkey is good. But then if I try to think game set up and Lily, she how in her write up she has "angry mob, town aligned"...well why put "town aligned"? You guys have the same power so in my mind wouldn't there be a good guy and bad guy ya know ying yang thing? Sorry, cause now scum will probably NK me to try and frame you if you are town, which I've felt the whole game you were. My bad.

...and just so you know Integ I say this all at night bc a) it just hit me for some reason, the idea that is and b. I've grown a little frustrated with this game and have a bit of a bad attitude ie I'm in a don't give a sh*t kinda mindframe right now.

Well, full disclosure, I'm torn, because when I read your posts I can really tell how hard you're trying and I feel it's genuine. I'm thinking the monkey is good. But then if I try to think game set up and Lily, she how in her write up she has "angry mob, town aligned"...well why put "town aligned"? You guys have the same power so in my mind wouldn't there be a good guy and bad guy ya know ying yang thing? Sorry, cause now scum will probably NK me to try and frame you if you are town, which I've felt the whole game you were. My bad.

Don't mods always let us know if we've lynched mafia or town???

I have to run to the store. Do me a favor, boys? Don't fight while I'm gone, okay?

I'm gonna go ahead and take the blame. My lack of being around to be a douche daring people to vote me caused all this tension.

I'm gonna need Pac to come in here and start a fake fight with me to distract the masses. I'm thinking topic of conversation...whos more ghey. Sound good? I'll start.

Pac you are teh ghey.

...and just so you know Integ I say this all at night bc a) it just hit me for some reason, the idea that is and b. I've grown a little frustrated with this game and have a bit of a bad attitude ie I'm in a don't give a sh*t kinda mindframe right now.

It could also be her attempt to keep there from being confusion if all it said was angry mob. JMO.

There's so much I'll just post as I go along.

Still a bit wary of Jetscode because his playing doesn't completely mesh with how I would expect a cop to play. However, asking for a real cop to come forward (if Jetscode is lying) is a terrible idea.

Integrity's role is confusing but feels real to me so far. He seems to be doing a pretty good job of explaining what he knows about it, so if he's faking it, it seems like that would require a lot of planning beforehand. (Like someone said, it would seem very DM-y). The bulletproof gives me more of an explanation of why we have to choose rooms every night.

At the moment, the plan is to roll the dice and risk myself at 50%.

I tried my a$$ off to get reaction from as many people as possible today, but the odds are against my instincts. I also contemplated shooting an inactive, but not sure how smart that is. Barm could be silenced, DPR helped with the setup, he LOVES the silencer... and suggested it for Goonies.

Right now my thinking is here:

Vic, JVOR and Dan X. All 3 are smart players who are too confident in my alignment, they have distanced from my train repeatedly. I think given my screw ups, they are staying the **** away from a townie lynch and keeping their votes elsewhere. I'm not saying all 3 are scum, but I would bet cold hard cash at least one of them is. Dan X most specifically, because she has played the part of low lying scum pretty well so far. Expressing a lack of confidence in her decision making, but she's sure about one thing - I'm not scummy - and she put Jetscode at L2.

Last night it was Vic I felt best about from these 3, now I'm leaning towards Dan. As of right now, this is the theory I feel best about too... it just makes sense, I ****ed up royally. Scum could be sitting back and distancing from my train so not too many of them are on it.

Other FOS:

Wombat for reasons I stated last night when I voted him.

JIF see my FOS JIF post before Hess cased him.

I don't have much to say about your suspicion of me. Although I certainly never said that I'm sure you're not scummy, nor did I ever pinpoint that as the one thing I was confident about. I felt, and still feel, that I struggle to read you but don't see what's supposedly extra scummy about you this game versus past games. I know I've also made the mistake of defending you in the past when you were scum, so of course who knows.

My inactivity occurs during the day, because like I said I'm unable to check the thread when school is in session. I'm sure no one here would like any of their children's teachers spending time on a game of mafia during classes they're supposed to be teaching. :) Especially at the school I'm in, where we've already had multiple instances of students bringing weapons to school, and we've only recently started letting them take normal (non-silent) locker/bathroom breaks after some incidents earlier in the year. So I understand that my overall lack of activity puts me in the group of people who could be trying to slide by as scum, but that shouldn't be one of your primary reasons for suspecting me.

I was waiting until day 2 and beyond to name people I thought who were suspicious. I don't blame you, i've been playing differently this game and part of it is to change up my gameplay. There's been enough meat on the game so far for me to say what I actually think.

People near the top of my list for scum: Song, Slats, and CTM

Getting scummy vibes/leaning scum: Crusher(smc)

People who I'm leaning town: I28, Vicious, Doggin.

People who i strongly believe are town: Jetsfan80

Not sure: Jetscode. Depends on if there is ever a counterclaim.

People I have absolutely no read for due to lack of volume: AVM, Sharrow, Barm

The rest are more less neutral reads for me now.

Interesting. I agree with you on both CTM and Slats, but I was going to wait more on Slats before saying anything, since right now it's more of an anxious gut feeling that he's going through the motions more than usual. I typically find myself feeling enlightened or at least looking forward to reading what he's thinking about the game, but I'm a lot more "eh" on his posts this game. I don't feel like I'm getting the special Slats perspective on anything, just some lazier, easier contributions. It is early, though, and I still have a lot more to read.

The rationale behind JiF boils down to him being lazy or him not being truthful? There is a lot going on, but it's hard to ignore what happened with the random kill, especially since JiF voted for I28 because of the post-random kill discussion. But JiF does have stretches of lazy play. On the other side is JVoR and his rolefishing or, at least, perceived rolefishing. What's more detrimental to the town? Lazy/untruthful or rolefishing? I'll go rolefishing.

VOTE: JVOR

I'm often suspicious of JiF, but like you said he does have stretches of lazy play that he's very open about. I'll have to reread some of his posts. JVoR's question did seem a little weird to me. I don't get why he would ask it as either town or scum, because as town I don't know what he's hoping to gain, and as scum he wouldn't bother asking it here. Odd all around.

Interesting that you have no (or a neutral) read on your girlfriend, especially after I28 listed her as pretty much his #1 suspect.

Hahaha. Since when has JVoR raised even a finger of suspicion against me in a game of mafia? ;) It doesn't help that I'm always on my toes about him and can't tell if he's secretly plotting behind my back or trying to get me feeling good about him.

More reading .......

In case I die tonight wanted to point this out. Why include the fact he was "town aligned" unless there are other mob members that may not be?

There's so much I'll just post as I go along.

Still a bit wary of Jetscode because his playing doesn't completely mesh with how I would expect a cop to play. However, asking for a real cop to come forward (if Jetscode is lying) is a terrible idea.

Integrity's role is confusing but feels real to me so far. He seems to be doing a pretty good job of explaining what he knows about it, so if he's faking it, it seems like that would require a lot of planning beforehand. (Like someone said, it would seem very DM-y). The bulletproof gives me more of an explanation of why we have to choose rooms every night.

I don't have much to say about your suspicion of me. Although I certainly never said that I'm sure you're not scummy, nor did I ever pinpoint that as the one thing I was confident about. I felt, and still feel, that I struggle to read you but don't see what's supposedly extra scummy about you this game versus past games. I know I've also made the mistake of defending you in the past when you were scum, so of course who knows.

My inactivity occurs during the day, because like I said I'm unable to check the thread when school is in session. I'm sure no one here would like any of their children's teachers spending time on a game of mafia during classes they're supposed to be teaching. :) Especially at the school I'm in, where we've already had multiple instances of students bringing weapons to school, and we've only recently started letting them take normal (non-silent) locker/bathroom breaks after some incidents earlier in the year. So I understand that my overall lack of activity puts me in the group of people who could be trying to slide by as scum, but that shouldn't be one of your primary reasons for suspecting me.

Interesting. I agree with you on both CTM and Slats, but I was going to wait more on Slats before saying anything, since right now it's more of an anxious gut feeling that he's going through the motions more than usual. I typically find myself feeling enlightened or at least looking forward to reading what he's thinking about the game, but I'm a lot more "eh" on his posts this game. I don't feel like I'm getting the special Slats perspective on anything, just some lazier, easier contributions. It is early, though, and I still have a lot more to read.

I'm often suspicious of JiF, but like you said he does have stretches of lazy play that he's very open about. I'll have to reread some of his posts. JVoR's question did seem a little weird to me. I don't get why he would ask it as either town or scum, because as town I don't know what he's hoping to gain, and as scum he wouldn't bother asking it here. Odd all around.

Hahaha. Since when has JVoR raised even a finger of suspicion against me in a game of mafia? ;) It doesn't help that I'm always on my toes about him and can't tell if he's secretly plotting behind my back or trying to get me feeling good about him.

More reading .......

poor kid...

i;'d warn her if she didnt' harress me almost every single game we play

In case I die tonight wanted to point this out. Why include the fact he was "town aligned" unless there are other mob members that may not be?

if she just said "angry mob", what would you think?

I kinda see where you guys are coming from, but it seems like a stretch

if she just said "angry mob", what would you think?

I kinda see where you guys are coming from, but it seems like a stretch

I keep thinking Double Blinds "ambitious scum" or whatever the hell your moniker was.

Take it for what it's worth but I don't see the point of adding that distinction unless it's for a reason.

Understand the attitude, the game is running long... however, you are focusing way to much on me and JIF. Heck, you are trying to spin me into scum, even though consensus was that JIF being town legitimized my claim.

Do me a favor, look at how Slats has played the game... and Pac, where is he? AVM? Dan? All of a sudden they pop in after the lynch? This game is too big... too many people under the radar.

Holy High 5 miss, slower this time, smack...Yeah!

I got caught up in myself and focused on the death scene for da cluez instead of reading anyones post mortem posts... whoda thunk it would only have taken 3 weeks of game time for us to agree on something.

Understand the attitude, the game is running long... however, you are focusing way to much on me and JIF. Heck, you are trying to spin me into scum, even though consensus was that JIF being town legitimized my claim.

Do me a favor, look at how Slats has played the game... and Pac, where is he? AVM? Dan? All of a sudden they pop in after the lynch? This game is too big... too many people under the radar.

Naw I really haven't been on you at all this game. I've questioned you like twice, maybe thrice and that's about it. Wasn't on Jif the whole game either actually rather late and he played like sh*t. I was more or less on Vic a lot and my vote was on Jetscode for a pretty long time. I've gone back and fourth on a bunch of other people in my head but have kept them to myself for the most part besides the people listed here.

I'm not saying I don't believe the role could exist. Obviously ANYTHING can be a role. What I'm saying is, if hes being honest, its a role that is much more likely to end up hurting town than helping it. Hes making a decision on D1 that might not effect us until 5-6 days from now. Hes targeting Jvor, Vic, and Dan (was that the 3?) TODAY, we can find out tomorrow that those 3 are the doc, back-up cop, and some scum-killing god, but it will be too late for town because I28 decided to kill them on DAY ONE. It will ruin us down the road.

I agree that it puts us in a difficult position, especially knowing that he'd be making a mistake to shoot me tonight. And who knows what powerful town roles he might accidentally hit in Vic/JVoR. Although from his point of view I can see if he feels that strongly about me, it may look like a much more desirable option than possibly dying himself.

I don't think so. The first and only time I've ever been vig, The first night I killed scum, the second night I tagetted scum (he couldn't die), the third night I targetted the sk (he also couldn't be nk'd) and the 4th night I killed scum, and then I got daykilled *mutters* anyway I think vig is a highly good role and not always bad. Yes they may hit an innocent, but they may hit scum *shrugs* I just don't like the idea of killing off someone who is town because their role may or may not end up being used wrong.

Wow, I can see how vig seems like an awesome role if the vig is as accurate as you, haha. I entirely lucked out when I was vig in the Thing game and killed Slats and I28 the respective nights they were converted, thinking they had been converted earlier than they were. Then in DPR's game I had one shot that I had to use N1 or lose it, and I wrongly chose to kill Vic, who was town. Overall, the vig role makes me nervous for the town, especially this early on.

Lily obviously put "town aligned" so that we would know we had lynched town... I've seen mods specify that cops or docs were town aligned before. It's just part of the format.

Jif and Integ seemed to make a big deal about angry mob, and I'm pretty sure JiF was claiming that he thought that it meant they were the same.

I'm I wrong?

Archived