Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, no, again. If there's a real cop, he stays hidden until he hits on another scum, for all the reasons we discussed before we knew there was a cult in the game to begin with.

Or had you forgotten about those?

I didn't agree with those. The possibility of conversion is what made me agree that the cop should stay hidden.

We've already killed the CL and one scum member, two people the cop might've been able to find at night. The "real cop" revealing would kill off another scum right now, and the doc could go from flipping a coin between protecting himself and scum, to flipping a coin to decide whether to protect himself or the new real cop.

1) Still not at all dealing with the fact that if JC is scum, he might be the cult leader. Why not?

2) I haven't once mentioned Sharrow's posts as a reason to vote for you. They aren't. I've said it enough times in postgame wrap ups when I've been scum - once a player is outed, it's best to just ignore any info they provide unless there's external corroboration; getting lost in a WIFOM just lets scum control the game from beyond the grave. The only reason I take Sharrow's "two teams" claim seriously is because we had two deaths N1. If that doesn't continue, he was likely lying - if it does, he was likely telling the truth. Either way, it's worth filing away as a possibility, for now.

Sadly for you, your posts - and your refusal to answer direct questions - are scummy enough to get you lynched all on their own.

The proof is on the board...lets see you spin this one. Yes, I viewed SMC and yes he came back as scum.

I didn't agree with those. The possibility of conversion is what made me agree that the cop should stay hidden.

We've already killed the CL and one scum member, two people the cop might've been able to find at night. The "real cop" revealing would kill off another scum right now, and the doc could go from flipping a coin between protecting himself and scum, to flipping a coin to decide whether to protect himself or the new real cop.

Actually, it was the possibility of a role blocker, not a conversion. (I just went back through the thread to double check)

We didn't know a conversion was in the game until well after that argument was dead and buried.

Ping! Ping! Ping!

Holy Scumtell, Batman!

1) My advice that the cop should investigate I28 was before JiF's reveal confirmed I28s. At the time that I gave that advice, the possibility that I28 was scum was a hell of a lot more than minuscule; all we had to go on was his claim, and the fact that it did sound like a potential Lily-role. And since there was a real chance it was just a fake-claim, the risk of leaving I28 uninvestigated was huge - he had claimed bulletproof, so he had a built in way to explain his survival if he wasn't NKd.

Since I made crystal clear that the reason that the likelihood of I28 being scum was minuscule was the correspondence with JiF's reveal, the fact that you went back to a quote from before JiF's reveal to imply that I was "directing the cop to waste an investigation" is telling - you are skimming, not reading carefully, and you're working really hard to set up a lynch without worrying about the accuracy of your attack.

Since you're a much more careful player than that as town, that's a pretty huge sign, to me, that you're scum.

2) And hey, same thing on Jetscode. Obviously, if a "real cop" is out there, JC is scum. But what variety of scum? He might be vanilla mafia - but he also might be a cult leader, and if he's a cult leader, then we need to know that ASAP. We can't let him slide for days assuming he's just mafia, and letting him recruit. That's why it's not a waste to investigate him. Which you'd know was my thought process if you . . . oh, I don't know . . . read my post carefully.

Since, you know, I said that exact same thing in my post you were responding to.

Again - you're skimming, and looking for reasons to set up a lynch. Therefore, you're likely to be scum.

Tl;DR version: Slats is skimming, and making obviously false arguments.

That's where my vote will go at the start of Day 3.

You hadn't come off your desire to have the cop investigate I-28 after JiF and he had pretty much confirmed they had the same role, even though you said at the time it was unlikely that they were both scum (the only option if they weren't both town, according to you). A position I agreed with. Did not see them going toe-to-toe in the game thread only to make the same reveal as a potential scum gambit at all.

And how the hell can you possibly spin the "real cop" investigate Jetscode? Variety of scum? Are you serious? This hypothetical "real cop" would know that Jetscode is scum, and that's enough. Investigating him would be a complete and total waste. What if JC is a godfather? What then? Is the "real cop" supposed to assume that JC is a second cop?

The result of this investigation is supposed to make it worth it for the cop to reveal, but it wasn't smart for him to reveal without it? What is he supposed to do with this information?

Much, much smarter for him to investigate his best cases, and when he finds one he can reveal with, "I'm the real cop, so Jetscode is obviously scum, and so is Player X." Not to reveal a day later with, "I'm the real cop, and -sure enough!- I investigated Jetscode and he's scum! Imagine my surprise!"

Variety... rolleyes.gif

Stand by it. No offense to the chimp, but I think JiF's the better scum hunter.

I'm ready to come out of the gate voting you for your cop directing, and putting stock in the Sharrow's post being outed posts. If you're ready to come after me, so be it. I hope you're not town, because I'd hate for the town to go back-to-back townie lynches because of a spat between us.

Nice, dismissive post.

Frankly, I think you're assuming a lot by assuming there's a Cult Leader at all. Or that there's two teams (as claimed by dead scum). Usually a CL doesn't have the ability to NK. You think we have a NK'ing CL? Or do we have a scum team, a SK, and a CL?

My guess is a single townie to scum conversion, very possibly a room event as random as Vic's investigation result.

Missed that comment, still don't like your cop directing before that comment or since.

1) Still not at all dealing with the fact that if JC is scum, he might be the cult leader. Why not?

2) I haven't once mentioned Sharrow's posts as a reason to vote for you. They aren't. I've said it enough times in postgame wrap ups when I've been scum - once a player is outed, it's best to just ignore any info they provide unless there's external corroboration; getting lost in a WIFOM just lets scum control the game from beyond the grave. The only reason I take Sharrow's "two teams" claim seriously is because we had two deaths N1. If that doesn't continue, he was likely lying - if it does, he was likely telling the truth. Either way, it's worth filing away as a possibility, for now.

Sadly for you, your posts - and your refusal to answer direct questions - are scummy enough to get you lynched all on their own.

What didn't I answer?

I have enlarged the part I don't believe you addressed adequately.

Actually, it was the possibility of a role blocker, not a conversion. (I just went back through the thread to double check)

We didn't know a conversion was in the game until well after that argument was dead and buried.

It's a matter of different strategies. The RB wasn't enough for me to suggest the cop stay hidden, but it was enough for me to say the "real cop" should do whatever they felt safest doing. Only the conversion factor made me say they should remain hidden.

Why wouldn't they have converted JC if he's really town cop?

Odds are, that would have been CTM's first conversion attempt.

Some mods make doc/cop non-convertable, but there's no guarantee at all. But with the cult leader off the board, the cult can be no bigger than 2 players (if he went after I28, its a max of 1). And we've still got multiple deaths per night. Mafia stays as the higher priority - we can worry about who was converted after we get rid of the scum who are killing us.

CTM getting taken out by a NK (whether it was the other scum team, a vig or whatever) is definitely awesome for us. Although I did find it hilarious to see slats and doggin bickering about whether or not there was a cult leader and who it was for another 3 or so posts. :P

Just want to clarify a couple of questions, since while we've done conversion games here before, it's been a while since I've seen a cult in one of these games. Even if CTM got any successful conversions in, the cult leader is the only one who can covert, right? So they would be done converting at this point? Also, how does it typically work, if he gets a conversion attempt each night would he have gotten one through last night, even though he was NKed?

The slats interrogation will have to wait I suppose.

Unvote

Vote: SMC

Haha!

You can ask me any questions you want, and I'll answer them.

I felt the "real cop" investigating JC would've been a waste, because it would've been obvious to that "real cop" that JC was scum, and there was other scum out there for him to find. Investigating JC on the chance that he might be a CL did not seem like a smart investigation to me at all, still doesn't. Did Lily even say that investigations would come back with specific results? Usually, we get the Town/not town variety around here.

But she did say we wouldn't be alerted to a conversion, and I didn't expect that, either. Nor did I expect a CL. Three kills last night definitely has me curious, especially with Doggin claiming he blocked I28, and our other angry mob members dead.

Thanks for the heat, btw. Should help me get thru the night phase. smile.gif

Haha!

You can ask me any questions you want, and I'll answer them.

I felt the "real cop" investigating JC would've been a waste, because it would've been obvious to that "real cop" that JC was scum, and there was other scum out there for him to find. Investigating JC on the chance that he might be a CL did not seem like a smart investigation to me at all, still doesn't. Did Lily even say that investigations would come back with specific results? Usually, we get the Town/not town variety around here. But she did say we wouldn't be alerted to a conversion, and I didn't expect that, either. Nor did I expect a CL. Three kills last night definitely has me curious, especially with Doggin claiming he blocked I28, and our other angry mob members dead.

Thanks for the heat, btw. Should help me get thru the night phase. smile.gif

Fwiw I agree with that.

In case anyone else is losing track:

Player List

1. Vicious

2. Slats

3. Pac

4. Brett

5. SMC - Identified as scum by Jetscode

6. I28 - Claimed Angry Mob & Partial Bulletproof, details confirmed by JiF, could not have been recruited by cult

7. JiF - Townie, Angry Mob, Lynched Day 1

8. JVOR

9. DanX

10. Bleedin' Green

11. Hess

12. Sharrow - Scum, Lynched Day 2

13. SenorGato - Townie, Angry Mob, Killed N2

14. Jetsfan80

15. Song Roleless Townie, Killed N1

16. Wombat Townie, Conversion Checker, Killed N1

17. Jetscode - Claimed Cop (valid until proven otherwise, likely conversion target)

18. Crusher

19. AVM - Roleless Townie, Killed N2

20. Verbal

21. CTM - Cult Leader, Killed N2

22. Doggin

There are 15 players still alive, so SMC is toast

I have enlarged the part I don't believe you addressed adequately.

Skimming? I'm too good to skim thru?

I love the slats, you're too good a player arguments. Hopefully, I'll go back to being underrated after I'm revealed as town in this game - a guaranteed result, as long as there's no one left in the game who can recruit (my current belief).

Didn't like Doggin directing the cop when I28 and JiF had identical reveals, didn't like him directing the "real cop" to investigate the "fake" one. I missed one post where he said JiF's death would exonerate I28, but that hardly constitutes skimming. Or, it's only skimming because Doggin says it is.

A vig might kill me tonight, but scum won't. So I'll be a target of interest next day phase. Put your own case together. It'll be a good exercise for you. Especially when you put in all that work and I flip town! laugh.gif

CTM getting taken out by a NK (whether it was the other scum team, a vig or whatever) is definitely awesome for us. Although I did find it hilarious to see slats and doggin bickering about whether or not there was a cult leader and who it was for another 3 or so posts. :P

Just want to clarify a couple of questions, since while we've done conversion games here before, it's been a while since I've seen a cult in one of these games. Even if CTM got any successful conversions in, the cult leader is the only one who can covert, right? So they would be done converting at this point? Also, how does it typically work, if he gets a conversion attempt each night would he have gotten one through last night, even though he was NKed?

Typically, the answer to both questions is yes: conversions are only done by the cult leader, so no more for the cult, and last nights' would have gone through.

In case anyone else is losing track:

Player List

1. Vicious

2. Slats

3. Pac

4. Brett

5. SMC - Identified as scum by Jetscode

6. I28 - Claimed Angry Mob & Partial Bulletproof, details confirmed by JiF, could not have been recruited by cult

7. JiF - Townie, Angry Mob, Lynched Day 1

8. JVOR

9. DanX

10. Bleedin' Green

11. Hess

12. Sharrow - Scum, Lynched Day 2

13. SenorGato - Townie, Angry Mob, Killed N2

14. Jetsfan80

15. Song Roleless Townie, Killed N1

16. Wombat Townie, Conversion Checker, Killed N1

17. Jetscode - Claimed Cop (valid until proven otherwise, likely conversion target)

18. Crusher

19. AVM - Roleless Townie, Killed N2

20. Verbal

21. CTM - Cult Leader, Killed N2

22. Doggin

There are 15 players still alive, so SMC is toast

Doggin, one addendum. Crusher IS SMC (currently) for our purposes. SMC died in the kitchen, and then SMC replaced Crusher. Might want to edit that to reduce confusion.

Archived