Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

Morning had an interesting turn of events. In addition to the three bodies you found, Jetscode announced that he had a successful investigation. “I was watching SMC last night, and he went into AVM’s room. He’s a killer! I’m sure of it.” You quickly voted to kill SMC, sure that he was a killer. SMC didn’t wait for the final vote, but pulled a vial out of his pocket and swallowed the contents.

SMC, Lord Indigo, Mafia, was killed with poison.

It is now night. You have 22 hours to submit your night actions. Deadline 8PM MST/ 10 PM EST

Please vote for a room to spend the next day in.

Oh, and Doggin won. It was 9.

That was actually a really useful prize.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's been adamant that you won't find him in the scum chat... doesn't mean he can't be in the cult chat.

Haha! I'm not in that one, either. I'm town. As long as there's no one left who can do any converting in this game, I'll be revealed as town eventually.

How about we all wait for the Monkey to tell us where to go. I want him to stay alive, even if I'm not.

The monkey already cleverly listed where he's bulletproof or not, and if he was honest about that he's more of an idiot than I've previously stated.

No I'm not. I'm talking about you reading the QT after the game. But you've already made up your mind, so you read what you want to read into everything.

Make your case against me. Go ahead. Base it on my posts, and not your hurt feelings. I look forward to it. I'll answer every question, and every charge.

If you sincerely think I would do this... then you REALLY have no basis to be critiquing my play. Its a good challenge to pose though, given 99% of your posts in this game are attacking me about my game play, not actual game content. :rolleyes:

Seriously, because I said I don't want to state the name of my target I've had to endure this tantrum from you? You think you will exhaust me into announcing it? Let's see... the odds of me selecting a townie on D1 are pretty good, I say that name now, chances are if I did select a townie then we get a reveal from them, thus outing them - and if I selected a scum player, chances are we get a fake reveal of some sort... and since scum knows that I can opt to kill myself instead, well that's a pretty good deal for them I'd say. I die and there's no bulletproof to worry about, and they have a fake reveal in play. Not gonna let that happen.

At this point I've diagnosed your play as absurdly obsessed with once again proving a point to me (if this is the case, you should be ashamed of yourself for playing this way) OR you are scum and the more you dare me to kill or pursue a lynch on you, the less likely I am to do it... and you want that name out there for the reveal scenarios as they both benefit scum the way I see it.

How about we all wait for the Monkey to tell us where to go. I want him to stay alive, even if I'm not.

screw that.. I'm not being led around by a monkey.. and on your rundown of who's who you keep neglecting to mention Vic is all but confirmed roleless townie given the fact he gave us scum.

screw that.. I'm not being led around by a monkey.. and on your rundown of who's who you keep neglecting to mention Vic is all but confirmed roleless townie given the fact he gave us scum.

Man, you are just getting asked to be butt****ed by a bus...:P

I don't think Vicious is scum either, but he's gotta be a solid candidate for conversion.

If you sincerely think I would do this... then you REALLY have no basis to be critiquing my play. Its a good challenge to pose though, given 99% of your posts in this game are attacking me about my game play, not actual game content. :rolleyes:

Seriously, because I said I don't want to state the name of my target I've had to endure this tantrum from you? You think you will exhaust me into announcing it?

Read this far, no further. You're an idiot. Doesn't matter at all who you targeted. I don't care, and neither does anyone else. You said it hasn't gone thru, and Doggin said he blocked it. I haven't cared since getting that information. It's a complete and total moot point. I suggest you take the name to your grave.

My "tantrum" is in response to your overreactions. Nothing more.

Man, you are just getting asked to be butt****ed by a bus...:P

I don't think Vicious is scum either, but he's gotta be a solid candidate for conversion.

I don't see the strategic advantage for Cult to kill off scum early on when they need to keep them alive (at least for awhile) to shoot townies.

and what did you mean by the first part?

To me, skimming or inconsistencies aside, his last posts are pinging me with a tone that a townie usually has. But Slats is a tricky fellow so I'm on guard.

Is that "tone" a high pitched whine?

Seriously, not sure how you picked up on a change in the "tone" of his posts... he dared me to fire my kill shot at him, now he's daring me to lead a lynch on him.

When do townies dare a confirmed townie to kill them? How often do townies spend almost the entire game inciting arguments with one of the more excitable posters about "game play" creating spam and while allowing him to accrue a high post count, filled with non-game content?

I'm not saying Slats is scum/cult at this point... but I am saying if he is town, he sucks at it. And if his obsession with me is legit, and not part of some halfwit strategy, then he needs help.

Read this far, no further. You're an idiot. Doesn't matter at all who you targeted. I don't care, and neither does anyone else. You said it hasn't gone thru, and Doggin said he blocked it. I haven't cared since getting that information. It's a complete and total moot point. I suggest you take the name to your grave.

My "tantrum" is in response to your overreactions. Nothing more.

Wah-*******-wah.

Just as a topic for discussion. Are you guys worried that rooms may have detrimental effects? When is it a good idea to hang out in a neutral room where the event was already triggered. I mean, we don't even know what Doggin gained. I'm holding my vote for room for now.

Pretty sure that Lily said that the kitchen had the worst result, but that most rooms offered something positive. The investigation was huge, and Doggin seems happy with his prize. I'll keep voting for somewhere new until I have a really good reason not to.

I don't see the strategic advantage for Cult to kill off scum early on when they need to keep them alive (at least for awhile) to shoot townies.

and what did you mean by the first part?

First part- Just in general. I don't think just because someone finds scum does it make them automatically confirmed as anything. You really open yourself up to falling for a mafia gambit if you do that. In this case, I agree that I think Vicious is/was a roleless townie when he caught sharrow. That being said, it's entirely possible for Vicious to have been culted after he found scum as townie. Not saying I feel strongly that he was, just that it's something to keep an eye out for.

Seriously, not sure how you picked up on a change in the "tone" of his posts... he dared me to fire my kill shot at him, now he's daring me to lead a lynch on him.

When do townies dare a confirmed townie to kill them? How often do townies spend almost the entire game inciting arguments with one of the more excitable posters about "game play" creating spam and while allowing him to accrue a high post count, filled with non-game content?

I'm not saying Slats is scum/cult at this point... but I am saying if he is town, he sucks at it. And if his obsession with me is legit, and not part of some halfwit strategy, then he needs help.

Kind of the way he's defending himself is making me wonder whether I was right. I said it before and I said it in my post where I gave my actual read on players at the time that I thought he was near the top of my list for scum.

And this is definitely a good thing.....why? We don't know that doggin isn't scum yet. Even if the role he claimed, sandman, is true, is that a townie role?

We've killed two scum, and neither had a role. We have a cop, doc, a three-person angry mob, a conversion checker... and Sandman as town?

Town does look loaded compared to scum right now. Could be that the town is loaded up in the face of two NK'ers and a CL. Or it could be that we've missed the roled scum so far.

The Role Blocker type role that Doggin's claiming could be a town or a scum role.

slats is pretty adamant as town, even going so far as making the somewhat emotional remark that I28 will look like an idiot when he flips town. What's unique about that is slats doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would make a preemptive "told you so" without it being true.

Could this be something cornered scum would say or is slats a legit townie? I'm not sure.

People pull the emo "go ahead and lynch me then, and look like an idiot" routine all the time, as scum and as town. Typically it happens in the day phase, and there are some actual votes and pressure on the player saying it.

For the record, Slats is too intelligent to be this stubbornly and stupidly obsessed with making the point that I'm an idiot. He knows it serves no purpose in the game, and I can't imagine someone that cares about the game that much, would piss it away on proving a point. Its just not immediately clear to me what he thinks can come of this constant badgering... other than distracting my focus from other people in the game. Scum doesn't like to let confirmed townies lead the town, especially if they might be right about who they are targeting.

Him asking me to kill him and daring me to "lead" a lynch on him... is scummy.

Him flipping his script from calling me too crazy and voting on everyone to myopic and obsessed is both laughable, and scummy.

The fact is, he is complaining about me being a distraction... but his incessant attacks on my game play are the only distraction right now. I have been posting about other players, and keep getting derailed by him.

And this is definitely a good thing.....why? We don't know that doggin isn't scum yet. Even if the role he claimed, sandman, is true, is that a townie role?

There is no way to know if it good yet... at this point, its shaping up where Slats and Doggin are going to force us to follow one of them in a lynch tomorrow.

the volume of kills is pretty alarming considering the fact that I28 supposedly got blocked. And seeing as how I'm not dead yet, JiF's thing didn't hit.

Here is the reality of my one-shot...

Doggin is saying he's blocked me the last 2 nights, since Lily is going to put the kill through on a random night we have no idea if it has or has not been stopped. If she put it through either of those nights, and Doggin is legit, the yes, it has been blocked. Otherwise, there nothing we can do but pafo. EDIT: I can only confirm that my target is still alive.

I'm guessing that JIF's wouldn't have gone off, because he wasn't alive for any of the night phases for it to happen. Just like if I get blocked on N4 and that is the night the kill was supposed to go through, if he doesn't exist on the night it was supposed to happen, then I'm guessing it won't?

To me, skimming or inconsistencies aside, his last posts are pinging me with a tone that a townie usually has. But Slats is a tricky fellow so I'm on guard.

I interpreted this post as you saying, he is now "pinging you with a tone" of a townie.

I questioned it.

Kind of the way he's defending himself is making me wonder whether I was right. I said it before and I said it in my post where I gave my actual read on players at the time that I thought he was near the top of my list for scum.

And you seemingly switched gears, because I interpret this post as you saying what you hear from him now makes you think you were right about him as scum earlier in the game, which you obviously point out that you said multiple times. But in the top post, you said he is pinging as a townie right now... quick change of heart. Why?

There is no way to know if it good yet... at this point, its shaping up where Slats and Doggin are going to force us to follow one of them in a lynch tomorrow.

Right now, I'm just planning to answer bullsh*t cases against me. Have no real plans to go on any sort of attack.

We'll see who's living when the next day phase begins, and we'll go from there. cool.gif

In the meantime, I tried to post a lengthy recap of our interaction tonight. I invite everyone to read back and see who's obsessed with/goading who.

the volume of kills is pretty alarming considering the fact that I28 supposedly got blocked. And seeing as how I'm not dead yet, JiF's thing didn't hit.

May not of hit yet. Its a random night, so its hard to say.

Also, if I recall, monkey said study was his final safe room. Vote: Study

I interpreted this post as you saying, he is now "pinging you with a tone" of a townie.

I questioned it.

And you seemingly switched gears, because I interpret this post as you saying what you hear from him now makes you think you were right about him as scum earlier in the game, which you obviously point out that you said multiple times. But in the top post, you said he is pinging as a townie right now... quick change of heart. Why?

It's not really a change of heart. I said he's still about #3 for me in terms of suspects. My last post was worded ambiguously. Sorry. What I meant was that I had a strong scum read on Slats over day 1. His last couple posts were defending in a way I envision a townie to react. But I also said he's smart and can manufacture that kind of response as scum. I also said I wouldn't be opposed to voting him

That's because it's not my suspect list. It's my list of who's been outed or role claimed and had their claims mostly corroborated. Note that my own claim isn't on there either, since there's no real external corroboration for it.

Plus, with multiple kills out there, the fact that someone handed us mafia isn't as convincing. Whether it's two teams, or one scum team and a serial, or something else, the fact is that unless you think the mafia has multiple kills, there's no question that at least one scum has an incentive to kill mafia.

I will say that Vic is highly unlikely to be mafia.

Not at all... more like disappointed. I moved past Slats in D2 as a potential scum, but Slatsy has played terribly... and hasn't moved past his need to preach to me about good/bad play. If he is town, he hasn't lifted a finger to help the town... and him daring me to kill him, and now daring me to pursue a lynch of him serves as nothing more than a scummy wifom, drenched in his preachy bullsh*t about how bad a player I am.

Daring me to come after him, when I am a confirmed townie, serves no pro-town purpose.

Gotcha. I agree with that. I guess he still hasn't been convinced that you're 100% confirmed.

Right now, I'm just planning to answer bullsh*t cases against me. Have no real plans to go on any sort of attack.

We'll see who's living when the next day phase begins, and we'll go from there. cool.gif

In the meantime, I tried to post a lengthy recap of our interaction tonight. I invite everyone to read back and see who's obsessed with/goading who.

You're a fool.

You've been at me all game, nobody would say different, except you.

Post a recap of our interaction, and open further debate about who is obsessed you clown - keep embarrassing yourself - all you will accomplish is proving MY point that you are entirely focused on your mancrush on me, and not the game. Derailing the thread further with debate over "who is goading" is not only gay, its very anti-town.

Gotcha. I agree with that. I guess he still hasn't been convinced that you're 100% confirmed.

Hess, the only thing he seems convinced of is that he needs to use the game as a platform to critique how other people play it.

The more he yammers on about it, the less I respect his own ability to play. He has barely contributed game content - so he's chosen to sink his teeth into me as a diversionary tactic of some sort, maybe he's town trying to keep himself on the heat seat so as not to draw NK's or conversion's (which is a good plan if town) OR he just sucks, and we'll find out in the end. Either way, the constant carrying on about who is good at this game is juvenile, I pretty much high five everyone equally at the end - no reason to do anything other than that - dubbing people "mafia savants" is pathetic.

It's not really a change of heart. I said he's still about #3 for me in terms of suspects. My last post was worded ambiguously. Sorry. What I meant was that I had a strong scum read on Slats over day 1. His last couple posts were defending in a way I envision a townie to react. But I also said he's smart and can manufacture that kind of response as scum. I also said I wouldn't be opposed to voting him

Gotcha.

May not of hit yet. Its a random night, so its hard to say.

Also, if I recall, monkey said study was his final safe room. Vote: Study

Did not say it was my final, but at the time there were 3 rooms being kicked about all of which were safe. Including VOTE STUDY

Archived