Aaron Rodgers...

madmikeisback

He may be the QB of the team that won the Super Bowl, but I dont think hes the best. Funny how GB only scored 9 points against us and won. Just saying.

conditions were bad, and a sample size of 1 isn't compelling

Philip Rivers has to be going , WTF? about now.

Not only do 2 QBs from his draft class win SBs before him as well as the QB he replaced, now a guy drafted after him. Rivers is going to be the new Marino.

He's better than Eli. Eli had a great post-season and great 4th quarter in the SB but Rivers, who I despise, is a better QB. The others I'd take over either Rivers or Eli.

I'd take Eli over Rivers fwiw. Better pocket passer imo.

Both make dumb mistakes...I just think Eli is the better passer.

Eli is alot better than Rivers hands down.

Under what metric?

2010:

Rivers -- 357/541 66.0% 4710 yds 30 TDs 13 INTs

Eli -- 339/539 62.9% 4002 yds 31 TDs 25 INTs

In fact, Rivers has outperformed Eli in every season both have been starters.

Under what metric?

2010:

Rivers -- 357/541 66.0% 4710 yds 30 TDs 13 INTs

Eli -- 339/539 62.9% 4002 yds 31 TDs 25 INTs

In fact, Rivers has outperformed Eli in every season both have been starters.

Just by watching. The statistics are close and with all the variables in football you have to watch. Just my personal preference.

Eli got killed with the tipped passes/drops this year that led to int's. I've watched a ton of Rivers over the past two years(been my fantasy QB) and I'd say he's a better fantasy guy than the real QB. He puts up a ton of his gaudy numbers in losses and coming from behind. The Chargers throw every down.

Just by watching. The statistics are close and with all the variables in football you have to watch. Just my personal preference.

Eli got killed with the tipped passes/drops this year that led to int's. I've watched a ton of Rivers over the past two years(been my fantasy QB) and I'd say he's a better fantasy guy than the real QB. He puts up a ton of his gaudy numbers in losses and coming from behind. The Chargers throw every down.

Thanks Matt39.

I can see that. Mind you, I'm not an Eli hater or basher. I believe he's one of the best QBs in the NFL, but I do think he's not as good as Rivers. Eli got hurt by tipped passes/drops this year, but Rivers was throwing to street FAs because of injuries & holdouts.

Also, just so you know, Eli actually throws more on average than Rivers has. In fact, this is the first year Rivers had more attempts than Eli, but it was only 541 to 539. Prior to that, Eli had more attempts each year.

Archived