Aaron Rodgers...

madmikeisback

I think its crazy to say it isn't close. Eli is one of the more underrated guys in the game. He's a good QB.

Rivers has been top 3-5 in DVOR, DYAR and QB rating the last 3 years, Manning is middle of the pack.

Yeah, manning's a good QB.. Rivers is an elite one

Just by watching. The statistics are close and with all the variables in football you have to watch. Just my personal preference.

Eli got killed with the tipped passes/drops this year that led to int's. I've watched a ton of Rivers over the past two years(been my fantasy QB) and I'd say he's a better fantasy guy than the real QB. He puts up a ton of his gaudy numbers in losses and coming from behind. The Chargers throw every down.

It's not so easy to put up gaudy numbers when everyone knows you're passing every down because that's all the time that's left. If it was then every QB on a team with a lousy defense would have over 4000 passing yards and 30 TD's a year.

Their numbers aren't really that similar and Eli suffered a hell of a lot more to losing offensive starters. Rivers was without VJ for 11 games (not even counting the rust he had on him when he came back) and from pure passing numbers you'd never know Jackson had any value in the first place. Then he lost Gates for most of the 2nd half of the season and they were still putting up 30 points almost every game.

When the Giants had health issues with receivers Eli turned into Rookie Sanchez. Though at least a handful of Eli's picks (just from those I saw) went right through his receivers' hands or bounced off their facemasks into a defender's waiting hands.

Ah, screw them both. All Mannings deserve pain and misery, and Rivers is a friggin' baby.

I can see that. Mind you, I'm not an Eli hater or basher. I believe he's one of the best QBs in the NFL, but I do think he's not as good as Rivers. Eli got hurt by tipped passes/drops this year, but Rivers was throwing to street FAs because of injuries & holdouts.

Also, just so you know, Eli actually throws more on average than Rivers has. In fact, this is the first year Rivers had more attempts than Eli, but it was only 541 to 539. Prior to that, Eli had more attempts each year.

the eyes almost always lie

In baseball yeah. Football, absolutely not.

Dude.. you just said Rivers "throw every down" as an explanation for Rivers' gaudy numbers in comparison to Eli, and then SMC provided evided that proves you 100% wrong. How else could you have come to the exactly wrong conclusion?

Dude.. you just said Rivers "throw every down" as an explanation for Rivers' gaudy numbers in comparison to Eli, and then SMC provided evided that proves you 100% wrong. How else could you have come to the exactly wrong conclusion?

That was a mistake on my part. I concede.

Overall though, eyes are the best way to judge a football player imo. Word to Drew Bledsoe

This is funny because my eyes are the reason I despise Eli and think he is wildly overrated. Backfoot throwing and ducks and throws blind under pressure.

shhh... this is the time tested comeback to a guy whose insisting he's right despite mountains of hard evidence to the contrary.. don't spoil it.

shhh... this is the time tested comeback to a guy whose insisting he's right despite mountains of hard evidence to the contrary.. don't spoil it.

Where have I insisted I was right? What the hell are you talking about.

I said it was preference.

Where have I insisted I was right? What the hell are you talking about.

I said it was preference.

hrmm.. i inferred insistance when we went down the "i don't care what the stats say, my eyes tell me the troof" road

Archived