So This Is How The 2011 Red Sox Should Line-Up

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-0 in May against King Felix, Weaver and Haren. Hopefully this is a sign of things turning around. Crawford actually starting to hit too.

All 3 "big" wins sandwiched in between losses to Fister and Vargas....then Bell Pinero and Baker

Lets face reality Spin Cycle...the Sawx have a

18 losses. They'll have to go 85-45, or play

.654 ball the rest of the way to have chance at

the AL East. Best of luck, Pal

All 3 "big" wins sandwiched in between losses to Fister and Vargas....then Bell Pinero and Baker

Let's face reality, dooshie, on May 7th 2009 the Yankees were under .500 and had lost 5 in a row. So it's not like there isn't a precedent for that sort of thing happening.

I doubt the Sox will have to win 99 games to get into the playoffs. In this division 94 or 95 will probably do.

I'm sure you'll pop up now and then whent he Sox lose to remind us that they lost.

Let's face reality, dooshie, on May 7th 2009 the Yankees were under .500 and had lost 5 in a row. So it's not like there isn't a precedent for that sort of thing happening.

I doubt the Sox will have to win 99 games to get into the playoffs. In this division 94 or 95 will probably do.

I'm sure you'll pop up now and then whent he Sox lose to remind us that they lost.

Yes, Because one team did it before that means that Boston will magically become a good team even though they haven't played like one all season and win 94 games... Wishful thinking ftw.

Wait...what? Who exactly in the AL East is burning up the field? The division is going to be a bitch this year. The Rays, Sox and Yanks have not even really player each other yet. What a total of 5 games so far?

No one in the AL East is playing good enough to be a 97-99 win team. There are 11 teams in the AL with between 14-19 wins. While that will not last, there are not any easy teams in the AL this year.

The Sox have been horrible and are only 4.5 games out.

Yes, Because one team did it before that means that Boston will magically become a good team even though they haven't played like one all season and win 94 games... Wishful thinking ftw.

The Sox may or may not win 94 games. The league is that good.

However, the team that is struggling is not going to have only four players hit above .250. Youk, Pedroia, Crawford are not going to continue to hit .247, .236 and .210 respectively. Even Scutaro, Drew and Cameron are way below their career averages.

The pitching has started to move in the right direction and eventually the team as a whole will start to hit.

This team has too much talent to hit .247 for a season.

You're right. I should just cut my losses and give up like some of you Yankees fans did in 09. Until try are mathematically eliminated I will continue to have hope.

In reality we're arguing about Ellsbury and his suckness, when in truth we should be arguing about Laser Show and his .230 batting average

1 year wonder that 'Lil Dusty

Seriously? Do you ever post things with a hint of having merit or do you just post things to get your jollies?

Pedroia is in a slump after willing the team to not die in the first month. He is the least of their problems. His at bat versus Weaver the other night was epic.

He's had three very good years and he was on his way to a fourth before an injury cut short last year.

You're way off base on this one.

How am I off base....suck is suck, and Laser Show sucks...batting .230. You are what you are

Everyone was saying Jeter sucks, yet he's batting .275

If Jeter sucks, then Laser Show must REALLY SUCK

You said he was a one year wonder. Which one year was that? His 2007 ROY season or his 2008 MVP season. Or his equally impressive 2009? That's what you were off base about.

I'm not worried about what Pedroia is hitting in May. His track record speaks for itself.

You said he was a one year wonder. Which one year was that? His 2007 ROY season or his 2008 MVP season. Or his equally impressive 2009? That's what you were off base about.

I'm not worried about what Pedroia is hitting in May. His track record speaks for itself.

You can't use awards as proof of anything. Use his performance on the field. He's good but he didn't deserve either of those awards and they have really overrated him. He's probably the 3rd best 2B in the division let alone the league or baseball.

In reality we're arguing about Ellsbury and his suckness, when in truth we should be arguing about Laser Show and his .230 batting average

1 year wonder that 'Lil Dusty

Is that new math? :rolleyes:

Lil Dusty is in a two week slump. Jeter is in a 200 game slump.

You can't use awards as proof of anything. Use his performance on the field. He's good but he didn't deserve either of those awards and they have really overrated him. He's probably the 3rd best 2B in the division let alone the league or baseball.

AL East has some pretty good 2Bs. Also, I think it's a bit premature to rank Zobrist ahead of Pedroia right now.

Just researched the stats and you can make an argument for Sizemore getting the MVP instead in 2008, but I don't see how Pedroia wasn't the best rookie in 2007.

That doesn't surprise me. Cano really wasn't a very good player until 2009 and he got to the Majors younger than any of those guys. His ceiling is the highest of the group as we're seeing now though.

Yeah, I think so too although as a GM I would be thrilled to have any of those guys. I would be really interested to see if Cano could put together his 2007 defensive performance and 2010 offensive performance at the same time. Another thing to note btw is that both Pedroia and Cano have raised their walk rates recently whereas I don't think Zobrist's could get much higher.

Yeah, I think so too although as a GM I would be thrilled to have any of those guys. I would be really interested to see if Cano could put together his 2007 defensive performance and 2010 offensive performance at the same time. Another thing to note btw is that both Pedroia and Cano have raised their walk rates recently whereas I don't think Zobrist's could get much higher than 2009 (and has actually dropped a bit so far this year). Not dumping on Zobrist though. Love the guy. I've had him on my fantasy team for the past 3 years.

Ben Zobrist splits his time between 2B and the outfield. He's also never hit .300 in a season. He's a good player but he's not better than Pedroia.

Mike loves him players that have one monster year and then allows that year to be a reflection of their entire career. Example: Granderson and Zorbist. :rolleyes:

Archived