So This Is How The 2011 Red Sox Should Line-Up

CrazyCarl40

Calling the job they have done in the last 2 years brutal is being kind. And Cashman has to take his share.

True. Sad thing is, its probably shorter to name the guys on the roster who dont have a ridiculous contract over the ones that do.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Show me former Yankee underling funneling all star players back to the yankees. One.

Anthony Rizzo in AAA this season - .376/.448/.723/1.171 12 HRs 50 RBIs in 36 games.

Not to mention the other two players in the deal are performing well in the minors too.

Funneling? The Padres sent one player to Boston who they could no long afford for a package of players the GM was familiar with and confident in.

So what do you have now? More conjecture and made up stuff?

Anthony Rizzo in AAA this season - .376/.448/.723/1.171 12 HRs 50 RBIs in 36 games.

Not to mention the other two players in the deal are performing well in the minors too.

Funneling? The Padres sent one player to Boston who they could no long afford for a package of players the GM was familiar with and confident in.

So what do you have now? More conjecture and made up stuff?

Calm down spin cycle. Everyone knows that was a dirty trade but your team got away with it. Good job by them.

Calm down spin cycle. Everyone knows that was a dirty trade but your team got away with it. Good job by them.

Executives work deals with other executives they know-there is no news in that.

Every team works that way. The Yankees have been notorious throughout history in working in that manner (deals that were even more shady).

If the Padres felt they could have gotten a better deal than what the Red Sox gave, I am sure they would have gone for that. You can't say they wouldn't have.

So I'm just going to go ahead and assume that you have no proof and are now agreeing that the Padres got a fair shake. Otherwise just shut up about it.

So I'm just going to go ahead and assume that you have no proof and are now agreeing that the Padres got a fair shake. Otherwise just shut up about it.

Yeah because it was ESSENTIAL to trade their 27 year old best player who was making nothing. Are you dizzy yet?

Executives work deals with other executives they know-there is no news in that.

Every team works that way. The Yankees have been notorious throughout history in working in that manner (deals that were even more shady).

If the Padres felt they could have gotten a better deal than what the Red Sox gave, I am sure they would have gone for that. You can't say they wouldn't have.

And the market for teams that can afford a 22 million a year contract is not very large.

Especially, with the Yankees having signed Teixera the previous year.

Yeah because it was ESSENTIAL to trade their 27 year old best player who was making nothing. Are you dizzy yet?

What were their other choices? Can't afford to resign him. Let him walk and all you get are two draft picks. They got 4 players for him. And they are good players too. Are you enlightened yet?

What were their other choices? Can't afford to resign him. Let him walk and all you get are two draft picks. They got 4 players for him. And they are good players too. Are you enlightened yet?

Simple baseball equations seem to confuse him.

Teams will pay more for a free agent in his walk year BEFORE the season, rather than at the deadline. Simple trade economics there.

I think it's sort of comical that when the Sawx suck, Sawx fans become Mess fans, and when the Mess suck.....well they always suck, there adopted team is the Sawx

What a bunch of buffoons....lol

Interesting, I find people who confuse homonyms as buffoons.

I knew you would like that word, too. ;)

Lol @ a Yankees fan talking about funneling players when the Kansas City Athletics were basically a farm team for the Yankees.

What was that 50 years ago? And that had to do alot more with a financial arrangement than an affinity scam. It's equally bad for the sport though.

25 and 12 since the 2 and 10 start. Salty and Tek have good months. Crawford coming around. A-Gon is a beast. Hope they can keep it up. Cy Beckett! :)

Plus both Papi and Paps are looking better than the last few years.

25 and 12 since the 2 and 10 start. Salty and Tek have good months. Crawford coming around. A-Gon is a beast. Hope they can keep it up. Cy Beckett! :)

Still can't believe they got out of the gate the way they did, personally I hope that it catches up to them at the end.

Don't look now but the Red Sox are atop the AL East. Sure it's only May, but after the way they started, it's nice to see them playing better baseball. Going to be a great summer battling back and forth.

They're in first? I had no idea. There hasn't been the daily updates from Mike and JonE. Must be busy.

Still can't believe they got out of the gate the way they did, personally I hope that it catches up to them at the end.

It could.

However, the Red Sox have benefited from the Rays slow start and Yankees ok start. The Red Sox were never more than 5 games behind. It is not like they were 10 games behind in late July.

It could.

However, the Red Sox have benefited from the Rays slow start and Yankees ok start. The Red Sox were never more than 5 games behind. It is not like they were 10 games behind in late July.

As long as they are behind in the standings.....and they are now

I've been here....but it's tough talking amongst a circle jerk

Looks like Rich Hill might be done

Hill told reporters after the game he doesn't think it is serious. Glad you're concerned for the Red Sox well being though JonE.

And it hasn't been a circle jerk. It's going to be a battle until the end. Sox were hot and the Yanks weren't Sox had a bad April, Yanks had a bad May. It's going to go back and forth like this all summer.

Hill told reporters after the game he doesn't think it is serious. Glad you're concerned for the Red Sox well being though JonE.

And it hasn't been a circle jerk. It's going to be a battle until the end. Sox were hot and the Yanks weren't Sox had a bad April, Yanks had a bad May. It's going to go back and forth like this all summer.

It depends, if Bartolo Colon has the CY Young wrapped up by July, the Yankees might limit his late season innings and the Sox could keep it close. Time will tell... :D

I've been here....but it's tough talking amongst a circle jerk

OOhhhhh JonE do not sell yourself short....You manage just fine when the Yankees are in first place. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Solid outing by SHields tonight. Solid pitching can always cool hot bats, and Shields did just that getting a CG shutout

4-0 Rays

Can't win 'em all. 9 in a row, with 6 on the road, is a pretty impressive feat, especially scoring 83 runs over that span. You're only as good as the next days starter. That's Josh Beckett. New win streak starts tomorrow.

Who is Brian Gordon and how did he end up in the Yanks rotation?

Archived