Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

So This Is How The 2011 Red Sox Should Line-Up

I don't see it as fruitless, but ok. It's hard to argue that having an inferior player at a position on a good team, can't be upgraded by a better player, who plays the same position, on a bad team.

Baseball for the most part is an individual sport. I'd have to lean toward winning improves team chemistry over the opposite.

Don't you know that every player on a bad team is worse than every player on a good team? DUH! If the Giants had Halney Ramirez at SS instead of Juan Uribe they would't have won the series.

That is a whole other argument-chicken vs egg type of thing-but that is not what is being done here.

Who is better Gonzalez or Teixiera?

Is that what is going to be the deciding factor this year?

Let's see what Yankee's 3-4-5 does. That would seem to be where the curiosity lies.

I'm not a huge Teixeira guy...but I haven't seen a lot of Gonzalez either.

As usual, the deciding factor will most likely be starting pitching. I think we all know the Sox and Yankees will both hit.

I fully admit the Red Sox are the better team though.

Edited by Matt39

I'm not a huge Teixeira guy...but I haven't seen a lot of Gonzalez either.

As usual, the deciding factor will most likely be starting pitching. I think we all know the Sox and Yankees will both hit.

I fully admit the Red Sox are the better team though.

That's the fun of a season.

Rather than a player who was injured practically all of last year vs a platoon player,

That's the fun of a season.

Rather than a player who was injured practically all of last year vs a platoon player,

That's true. I think the Sox win the division, but anything can happen. No stats can tell you who's going to be the best team.

Don't you know that every player on a bad team is worse than every player on a good team? DUH! If the Giants had Halney Ramirez at SS instead of Juan Uribe they would't have won the series.

Nobody knows-It is all hypothetical.

We DO know that the Giants won WITH Uribe. impossible to say what would have happened if they had Ramirez.

Even the stat geeks do not know.

Oh this is going to be a fun year. I can't wait to bring this post up in September. Good luck this season.

This post is awful and if this post had any value it would have been less awful. :D

That is a whole other argument-chicken vs egg type of thing-but that is not what is being done here.

Who is better Gonzalez or Teixiera?

Is that what is going to be the deciding factor this year?

Let's see what Yankee's 3-4-5 does. That would seem to be where the curiosity lies.

I would say the AL East crown lies with the team that answers that question the best.

Both teams will hit, but how the lower portion of the rotation performs will decide the division crown and maybe the big trophy at the end.

Have at it, but teams win, players don't

Scott's Board

Discuss Individual Players Here

--This forum is locked. Teams matter, players don't.

Discuss Teams Here

--This forum is locked. Speculation doesn't matter, records speak for themselves.

Discuss Past Championships Here

--This forum is locked. You are not on the team. YOU did not win any championships so there is nothing to discuss.

• Upvote 1

Scott's Board

Discuss Teams Here

--This forum is locked. Speculation doesn't matter, records speak for themselves.

--This forum is locked. You are not on the team. YOU did not win any championships so there is nothing to discuss.

:nohijacking:

Scott's Board

Discuss Teams Here

Your panties in a bit of a knot again? ;)

Your panties in a bit of a knot again? ;)

Nah you just are a terrible poster who makes horrible arguments and he pointed it out pretty effectively.

Nah you just are a terrible poster who makes horrible arguments and he pointed it out pretty effectively.

Yet you are the one that continually gets banned here, and comes crawling back to where he obviously isn't wanted.

Uh oh, are you you going to go running to the Mods crying, which is your typical MO?

Loser.

I would say the AL East crown lies with the team that answers that question the best.

Both teams will hit, but how the lower portion of the rotation performs will decide the division crown and maybe the big trophy at the end.

Good point. IMO the Red Sox starting rotation is far superior to the Yanks and that will be the difference. It should be a great season.

Yet you are the one that continually gets banned here, and comes crawling back to where he obviously isn't wanted.

Uh oh, are you you going to go running to the Mods crying, which is your typical MO?

Loser.

Awww did I hurt someone's feelings? Poor baby. He pretty much said the same thing that I've been saying about your lack of any coherent argument on any topic. You just waste everyone's time on here.

Edited by madmikeisback

Awww did I hurt someone's feelings? Poor baby. He pretty much said the same thing that I've been saying about your lack of any coherent argument on any topic. You just waste everyone's time on here.

We didn't realize that you were the coherency police.

Maybe someone should be self policing themselves.

If you don't like what I write PUT ME ON IGNORE. It is pretty easy. It appears that you are the one upset.

We didn't realize that you were the coherency police.

Maybe someone should be self policing themselves.

If you don't like what I write PUT ME ON IGNORE. It is pretty easy. It appears that you are the one upset.

I never claimed to be the coherency police. Everyone just agrees with me about how awful you are though. I'm not upset at all. I'm loving the fact that you're being called out of for the waste of time you are. This is too good to put u on ignore.

I never claimed to be the coherency police. Everyone just agrees with me about how awful you are though. I'm not upset at all. I'm loving the fact that you're being called out of for the waste of time you are. This is too good to put u on ignore.

Scott Dierking,

madmikeisback has successfully added you to their friends list.

Look at Red Sox Nation already making excuses for their team crashing and burning before one game is played!! HAHAHAHA

pgammo Peter Gammons

One NL club brought in all ST scouts & those who saw Yanks and Red Sox unanimously picked NY to finish 1rst

Look at Red Sox Nation already making excuses for their team crashing and burning before one game is played!! HAHAHAHA

And we should be surprised how? The Sox are on a 10 game losing streak.

Like 2004, I expect the Sox to be better in the second half then the first.

Go look at Granderson's stats.

He can't hit. A career .268 hitter is not a good hitter by any standard. A hitter that averages a 136Ks since he became an everyday player is not a good hitter.

Granderson's .822 OPs is an anomaly. He had two monster, relatively speaking, OPS years. Every other year he is a .250ish hitter with a sub 800 OPS.

When he retires, he will have a sub-800 career OPS.

This post alone should get your baseball posting privileges permanently revoked

No one is dumb enough to read into anything that happens in spring training (except maybe you...) but this post by the leader of RSN is clearly the beginning of the excuse making campaign when the team isn't as good as all their fans think they will be. Gammons is the mouthpiece of the team and they clearly are trying to lower expectations.

No one is dumb enough to read into anything that happens in spring training (except maybe you...) but this post by the leader of RSN is clearly the beginning of the excuse making campaign when the team isn't as good as all their fans think they will be. Gammons is the mouthpiece of the team and they clearly are trying to lower expectations.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? You think the Red Sox are going to say-"But look, the experts said we would not be good at the end of Spring Training"? Really?

Delusion is one thing. But being such a hater to actually sound stupid is monumental.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? You think the Red Sox are going to say-"But look, the experts said we would not be good at the end of Spring Training"? Really?

Delusion is one thing. But being such a hater to actually sound stupid is monumental.

Trolling 101 kids

Ignore the factual discussion regarding the Gammons Tweet and attack me for some nonsense to try to get a reaction. Good troll.

I do too.....The Sawx should rival the '27 Yankees for world supremacy

It is funny. You infer I am putting too much into a spring training losing streak.

Yet, you use an anonymous scouting report that Gammons provides based off os seeing the Sox and Yankees in Spring Training. :huh:

This post alone should get your baseball posting privileges permanently revoked

Once you get Curtis' nuts out of your mouth, please argue any point I made.

He has two monster years and every other season he has been a K machine with JAG avaerage.

It is funny. You infer I am putting too much into a spring training losing streak.

Yet, you use an anonymous scouting report that Gammons provides based off os seeing the Sox and Yankees in Spring Training. :huh:

Once you get Curtis' nuts out of your mouth, please argue any point I made.

He has two monster years and every other season he has been a K machine with JAG avaerage.

The fact that you are using K's and AVG to judge players shows how dumb you are.

Go look at Granderson's stats.

He can't hit. A career .268 hitter is not a good hitter by any standard. A hitter that averages a 136Ks since he became an everyday player is not a good hitter.

Granderson's .822 OPs is an anomaly. He had two monster, relatively speaking, OPS years. Every other year he is a .250ish hitter with a sub 800 OPS.

When he retires, he will have a sub-800 career OPS.

Granderson hit a homer today....what you got?

Lets just take a moment to reflect on how much Granderson and his 822 career OPS while playing gold glove CF sucks.

Jacoby is bet-tah.....lol

Loser.

LOL madmike pinned on the head

Lester for cy young!

Not to worry.....I'm sure Joshie will make sure he is better than the 8.44 ERA of Lester