So This Is How The 2011 Red Sox Should Line-Up

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking about how awful it is for baseball when a huge market team sends one of their GM's underlings to a small market team to be a GM and he promptly trades the 28 year old best player on the small market team who's signed for 2 more years at bargain rates back to the big market team for a package of marginal prospects. Thats some evil sh*t. Thats worse than anything the Yankees have done that has caused people to whine for years. How LIVID are you if you're a Padres fan...

I was just thinking about how awful it is for baseball when a huge market team sends one of their GM's underlings to a small market team to be a GM and he promptly trades the 28 year old best player on the small market team who's signed for 2 more years at bargain rates back to the big market team for a package of marginal prospects. Thats some evil sh*t. Thats worse than anything the Yankees have done that has caused people to whine for years. How LIVID are you if you're a Padres fan...

Sort of reminds me when when a large market team had to bid for a Japanese player. They submit the bid, but afterward the league says "that was too much" to pay for both the bid, and the contract. So the player is forced to take a lower dollar contract

Unreal

Jacoby is bet-tah.....lol

He will never have Granderson's power, but he tore it up this spring and was a bright spot yesterday. I think he is going to have a big year.

Granderson hit a homer today....what you got?

Cano is batting .000....your point?

What a load of mindless drivel. Marginal prospects? Everyone and their mother said the Padres got a lot more than they could have many other places. Trading Gonzalez made more sense than losing him to free agency. It's the way the business works. Isn't that what you Yankees fans all say? The Padres got a more than fair deal and no one has said anything differently except for you. Can't imagine why that is.

What a load of mindless drivel. Marginal prospects? Everyone and their mother said the Padres got a lot more than they could have many other places. Trading Gonzalez made more sense than losing him to free agency. It's the way the business works. Isn't that what you Yankees fans all say? The Padres got a more than fair deal and no one has said anything differently except for you. Can't imagine why that is.

Everyone and their mother = CrazyCarl and Peter Gammons. They got a load of dreck for their 28 year old signed best player. This whole trade was nothing but croneysm by Boston's FO and one of their underlings. Padres fans should be rioting.

Everyone and their mother = CrazyCarl and Peter Gammons. They got a load of dreck for their 28 year old signed best player. This whole trade was nothing but croneysm by Boston's FO and one of their underlings. Padres fans should be rioting.

Do you actually believe the stuff that comes out of your mouth or are you too busy enjoying the stuff that comes into it? The Padres got three highly touted prospects for someone they were not going to be able to keep. If they let him go in free agency, they get two draft picks from the team that signs him. The Padres made out just fine in the deal. Ask anyone with a smidge of baseball and prospect knowledge.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-top-10-prospects/2011/2611164.html

Baseball America has the 3 prospects traded for Gonzalez ranked 1, 2, and 4 in their organization. But the Padres were robbed. Right.

I don't care if they were 1-2 and 3. The Padres have a terrible farm system so even those mediocre prospects are gonna be high on the list. That trade was still an utter joke. The kind of croneyism that resulted in that trade is despicable and I can't remember the yankees ever doing anything like it.

Conjecture and idiocy. Go ahead and prove your claims with facts, dumb and dumber. Not just your ridiculously biased opinions. Here are some facts:

Fact: The Padres could not re-sign Gonzalez at the price he was seeking and still be fairly competitive.

Fact: Very few teams had both a need for a first baseman and the checkbook to re-sign him.

Fact: The Red Sox offered a very favorable package, including their top hitting and pitching prospects.

Can either of you two actually provide facts for your arguments? I have provided links to show how good the prospects the Padres got back were. Could they have done better? I doubt it. What other teams were looking for a first baseman that could re-sign A-Gon?

Go ahead and prove it otherwise. I'll be waiting. Probably for a long time.

Conjecture and idiocy. Go ahead and prove your claims with facts, dumb and dumber. Not just your ridiculously biased opinions. Here are some facts:

Fact: The Padres could not re-sign Gonzalez at the price he was seeking and still be fairly competitive.

Fact: Very few teams had both a need for a first baseman and the checkbook to re-sign him.

Fact: The Red Sox offered a very favorable package, including their top hitting and pitching prospects.

Can either of you two actually provide facts for your arguments? I have provided links to show how good the prospects the Padres got back were. Could they have done better? I doubt it. What other teams were looking for a first baseman that could re-sign A-Gon?

Go ahead and prove it otherwise. I'll be waiting. Probably for a long time.

LMAO @ you calling anyone bias. You're probably the most bias fan of any team i've ever come into contact with. Beyond that the only list you showed was those marginal prospects in the context of a mediocre padres system that has pretty much no good prospects. That doesn't mean they are any good. The idea that a team would trade their 28 year old best player making NOTHING to their GM's ex BFF is about as dirty a deal as you can get in baseball. It's the purest example of robbery and croneyism as i've seen in sports since maybe Jerry West traded Gasol to the Lakers for a few gym bags and a pair of shorts. I think at this point boston is hated even more than the yankees around baseball for these kind of stunts.

LMAO @ you calling anyone bias. You're probably the most bias fan of any team i've ever come into contact with. Beyond that the only list you showed was those marginal prospects in the context of a mediocre padres system that has pretty much no good prospects. That doesn't mean they are any good. The idea that a team would trade their 28 year old best player making NOTHING to their GM's ex BFF is about as dirty a deal as you can get in baseball. It's the purest example of robbery and croneyism as i've seen in sports since maybe Jerry West traded Gasol to the Lakers for a few gym bags and a pair of shorts. I think at this point boston is hated even more than the yankees around baseball for these kind of stunts.

How is this list:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/top-100-prospects/2011/2611328.html

The 31st and 75th best prospects.

Another Skank Fan with a firm grasp on the MLB economic structure. :rolleyes:

Gonzo's salary last year was clearly a bargain at 4.8 million. When your payroll is in the neighborhood of 38 million, that is a big slice of pie.

Keep spinning like JonE said it is all you got.

Fact: The Padres did not have to trade Gonzales when they did. They basically tee'd him up for The Sux

Fact: The Padres new GM owed the Sawx front office for his first opportunity

Fact: For years RSN screamed bloody murder, screamed and cried about being a have not, now they embrace being a "have" Slide over Yanks

Fact: The Padres were offered a very favorable package, which included handy's and fluffs from Henry, Lucchino and Epstien

Fact: The Padres did not have to trade Gonzales when they did. They basically tee'd him up for The Sux

Fact: The Padres new GM owed the Sawx front office for his first opportunity

Fact: For years RSN screamed bloody murder, screamed and cried about being a have not, now they embrace being a "have" Slide over Yanks

Fact: The Padres were offered a very favorable package, which included handy's and fluffs from Henry, Lucchino and Epstien

there's NO REASON the Padres couldn't have landed Bucholz or Bard in that trade.

Padres are a ******* joke.

there's NO REASON the Padres couldn't have landed Bucholz or Bard in that trade.

Padres are a ******* joke.

There a plethora of reasons the Red Sox weren't going to give up either player. There was no reason to give either of them up when they just could wait until the off season and sign Gonzalez. Buchholz is a top of the rotation guy and Bard is the future closer. Wouldn't make sense for the Sox.

There a plethora of reasons the Red Sox weren't going to give up either player. There was no reason to give either of them up when they just could wait until the off season and sign Gonzalez. Buchholz is a top of the rotation guy and Bard is the future closer. Wouldn't make sense for the Sox.

Yeah but giving up their 28 year old best player who was signed for under 5 million to their GM's butt buddy for a mediocre package made PERFECT sense for the padres. Your homerism never fails to put a smirk on my face.

You obviously are not versed in baseball history.

During the second half of the 1950s, folks derisively referred to the Kansas City A’s as a “farm team” of the New York Yankees. Trades between the two—often lopsided—were commonplace, and it seemed every time the Yankees needed that one final piece for yet another pennant run, the A’s filled the gap.

You obviously are not versed in baseball history.

During the second half of the 1950s, folks derisively referred to the Kansas City A’s as a “farm team” of the New York Yankees. Trades between the two—often lopsided—were commonplace, and it seemed every time the Yankees needed that one final piece for yet another pennant run, the A’s filled the gap.

HAHA. Wow you suck as a poster. Lets bring up what went on 60 years ago when baseball was working under a completely different (horrible) economic system rather than address the issue of the con Boston pulled on the padres.

HAHA. Wow you suck as a poster. Lets bring up what went on 60 years ago when baseball was working under a completely different economic system rather than address the issue of the con Boston pulled on the padres.

Are you so mentally deficient that you do not realize that there are lopsided trades, that there are trades that are made by small market teams to big market teams because the small market teams have no chance at signing the player?

Are you so monumentally naive to believe that the Yankees are not OFTEN the lucky recipient of these exact deals?

Tell us you are not so stupid.

But your posting proves otherwise.

Are you so mentally deficient that you do not realize that there are lopsided trades, that there are trades that are made by small market teams to big market teams because the small market teams have no chance at signing the player?

Are you so monumentally naive to believe that the Yankees are not OFTEN the lucky recipient of these exact deals?

Tell us you are not so stupid.

But your posting proves otherwise.

Let me repeat the difference for your feeble mind. The Yankees trade prospects for major league players all the time. What they don't do is send their underlings to small market teams who then proceed to give them players for mediocre prospects. Thats the difference. The yankees actually get held up in trades all the time which is why they really haven't been able to do these trades recently. Boston sends their plants to other teams then steals players for nothing.

Archived