Radiohead Fans - New Album This Saturday

RutgersJetFan

Radiohead is one of those bands that I just cant get into. Have a couple of songs that are enjoyable and I've given them many shots...just not something I can listen to...very boring, IMO.

But I know they have a huge following so I'm glad for all those fans. Nothing like your favorite band releasing a new album.

Radiohead is one of those bands that I just cant get into. Have a couple of songs that are enjoyable and I've given them many shots...just not something I can listen to...very boring, IMO.

But I know they have a huge following so I'm glad for all those fans. Nothing like your favorite band releasing a new album.

Yeah barely any of my buddies like Radiohead. Say the same thing. None the less I would have to say this has been my favorite band since OK Computer. VERY EXCITED!!!

For those smart enough to navigate, they released it a day early. Have to say the entire release over the past few days is pretty impressive, this is the best effort a band's ever made to prevent an album from being leaked. Kind of makes sense when you think about it, they don't need promotion for releases anyways.

For those smart enough to navigate, they released it a day early. Have to say the entire release over the past few days is pretty impressive, this is the best effort a band's ever made to prevent an album from being leaked. Kind of makes sense when you think about it, they don't need promotion for releases anyways.

I got it and first go round not very impressed. It sounds like an incomplete Thom Yorke solo album overall. I would compare this to Com Lag. Decent, a gem or two and alot of mess.

I got it and first go round not very impressed. It sounds like an incomplete Thom Yorke solo album overall. I would compare this to Com Lag. Decent, a gem or two and alot of mess.

Agree somewhat. It's an oddly structured album. A lot of dubstep at the beginning and then they stripped it down at the end. I will say that on the second listen while I was at the gym I took more of a liking to it. Codex and Separator are two of instant classics for them, and once I was able to listen to Feral on my Bose HP's I enjoyed it quite a bit. There's some layering to a bunch of these tracks that's going to take some digging in to. All in all I'd give it a B so far. In Rainbows was way better on the first few listens, but I have a feeling I'm going to really take a liking to this one over time. Greenwood does seem to have taken a backseat for this LP, but I think Selway did a great job.

IMO, Yorke has said a bunch of times that he wished had had another shot at recording Hail as he thought the sessions were rushed, and they've been working on this album for over a year now. There's a lot of Hail-esque stuff scattered throughout (Morning Mr. Magpie could be inserted literally into any point of Hail), so this might be what that is.

I'll go unabashed fanboi for once, I love it thus far.

Sure, I wouldn't cry if they returned to some of the Guitar-driven brilliance of earlier efforts more often (ever?), but they are what they are. I'll always want more Pink Floyd in my Radiohead, but thats just me.

Yorke is a brilliant mellow voice who loved techno-esque tunage. Greenwood has all but abandoned being a "Guitarist" for being a soundscape creator, and the rest of the band seem quite happy going along withthat, especially Selway who is a top-end percussion arranger.

But iupon the first few listens it is a deep and strong effort, that I agree,w ill take more time to fully be appreciated. But I love it just the same.

Then again....

I loved the Division Bell too. What do I know.

I've been listening now all weekend, and I'm honestly not going to veer too far off my initial reaction. It's not terrible and definitely has a couple high points, but overall it's one of their weaker efforts.

And Warfish, I thought Division Bell was awesome as well.

Ditto.

Archived