CC Could Opt Out After Season

CrazyCarl40

Yeah, so why do you get so worked up about what somebody comments on, or have to take such a homerific approach?

Take your own medicine.

What's homerrific about understanding that the CC story is much ado about nothing?

Is there anything remotely interesting happening during the Yankees spring training this year? No. Does the media want something interesting to write about to generate interest to get people to go to their websites and buy their papers? Yes. Do they create a story like this every year and then by the All-Star break it's completely forgotten? Yes.

I know this because I have a memory. This is a non-story and no reason to panic if you are a Yankee fan.

Why do Yankee haters like yourself feel the need to beat stories like this to death? Is it simply to get a rise out of Yankee fans? If so, you're a troll. Trolls annoy me. There's your answer.

What's homerrific about understanding that the CC story is much ado about nothing?

Is there anything remotely interesting happening during the Yankees spring training this year? No. Does the media want something interesting to write about to generate interest to get people to go to their websites and buy their papers? Yes. Do they create a story like this every year and then by the All-Star break it's completely forgotten? Yes.

I know this because I have a memory. This is a non-story and no reason to panic if you are a Yankee fan.

Why do Yankee haters like yourself feel the need to beat stories like this to death? Is it simply to get a rise out of Yankee fans? If so, you're a troll. Trolls annoy me. There's your answer.

Again, I will ask you to look at your posts on the football board. Trust me when we say it goes far beyond anything presented here.

Yes it is a Spring Training Story, the same as it was when A-Rod had exactly the same situation. It is certainly worthy of discussion, even it hurt's you that someone who doe not agree with your opinion on the matter.

You seem to have issues with that. Only you in your slobbering homerific approach can have their say, and if it doesn't agree woth yours, well the story is non binding.

I never said for anyone to panic. There is no fear mongering going on. it is Spring Training discussion. And an interesting one, because just last year he said he would not think of exercising the option. Now it seems some things may have changed.

is it earth shattering? No. Only your attempts to be so Yankee sided are.

Again, I will ask you to look at your posts on the football board. Trust me when we say it goes far beyond anything presented here.

Yes it is a Spring Training Story, the same as it was when A-Rod had exactly the same situation. It is certainly worthy of discussion, even it hurt's you that someone who doe not agree with your opinion on the matter.

You seem to have issues with that. Only you in your slobbering homerific approach can have their say, and if it doesn't agree woth yours, well the story is non binding.

I never said for anyone to panic. There is no fear mongering going on. it is Spring Training discussion. And an interesting one, because just last year he said he would not think of exercising the option. Now it seems some things may have changed.

is it earth shattering? No. Only your attempts to be so Yankee sided are.

Wow. Look in the mirror Scotty.

Ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner!!!!!

The Yankees are all set to have a quiet spring and the writers need to invent a controversy to amuse themselves and titillate Red Sox fans and Yankee haters like Dierking.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

spring is quite because people are shocked the bartolo colons and freddy garcia's of the world are competing for 2 spots in the rotation.

He was asked the question and he gave a completely non-committed answer.

Of course he is going to keep that option open. He would be a complete idiot not to.

an answer that was very different that it was the first 2 times he was asked. for 2 years he said he was not going to opt out. now he says he's not sure, and now there are reports baring something unforeseen cc will opt out. sorry. this is a story.

I would not say it is non-story. I would not say it is a Pujols' level story either.

That he has the option, means at some point during the negotiation process him and/or the team saw a need to have this written into a 7yr-161 million dollar contract. That is a story. Why have it? A contract that averages 23 million a year is too cheap? CC's affinity for Captain Crunch too great?

The bottom-line is the team and CC were content on allowing him to opt out of a contract after three years.

While I expect CC to be a Yankee until he retires. There is a chance, a remote one, that a team could throw stupid money at him and lure him away.

Maybe, after this season, if the Yankees struggle, staying there will not look as good.

Barring a bad season there would be no reason not to opt out purely to add a couple of seasons or millions per onto the contract.

Exactly.

He would be an idiot not to. Plus, I doubt the Union would look kindly on the matter especially if he has a Cy type season.

Archived