ESPN: Defeated cheating scum have the best WR's in the AFC east

madmikeisback

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. New England Patriots

Gone is Randy Moss. And Wes Welker didn't produce at his usual ridiculous rate in 2010, but it is hard to argue with this group as a whole. Despite a very high number of drops this past season, Welker is still extremely good at what he does. But as shown in their playoff loss to the Jets, the Patriots might be wise to add one more star player. Deion Branch lit it up after being reacquired from the Seahawks but returned to earth as the season concluded and in the playoffs. Maybe more than anyone, Branch might benefit most from the addition of a true No. 1 wideout who can stretch the field. More is needed from Brandon Tate, but his talent is apparent. It wouldn't surprise me if he broke out in 2011. Mix in fellow youngsters Julian Edelman and Taylor Price, and the depth at this position is rather staggering.

2. New York Jets

Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards are both up for free agency, which makes ranking this group difficult. If we include these two, I would put the Jets first in the division. If we do not include either, the Jets would be last. Brad Smith is more specialty player than pure wide receiver, but he is also up for free agency. Needless to say, the Jets' wideouts could look drastically different in 2011. But I have the Jets ranked second because I find it very hard to believe that they would allow Holmes to leave, especially when they are bringing along a very young, high-profile quarterback who needs playmakers for his development. Edwards did a good job of reducing the number of drops this past season, and his talent cannot be denied. I view Holmes as a Top 10-type of wide receiver. Meanwhile, the incumbent, Jerricho Cotchery, had a rather poor year.

3. Miami Dolphins

There isn't anything wrong with Brandon Marshall. Several things -- the offense as a whole, injuries and quarterback play -- limited Marshall's production as a Dolphin, at least by his previous lofty standards. He certainly needs to get into the end zone more and dropped some passes that he shouldn't have, but don't sell Marshall short. Slot wideout Davone Bess was terrific in his role. He is somewhat limited but is extremely effective as an extension of the running game with his ability to exploit linebackers and nickel corners with his short-area quickness. Ideally, the Dolphins would like to upgrade from Brian Hartline as a starter opposite Marshall. Hartline can get downfield, but a true burner on the perimeter could go a long way toward opening up the offense for Marshall, Bess and the running game. Hartline would then be an exceptional fourth wideout who might continue to improve.

4. Buffalo Bills

Steve Johnson was as surprising as Lee Evans was disappointing. Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't bashful about throwing deep downfield, but Evans just isn't producing nearly enough in this capacity -- or any capacity, for that matter. I get the feeling that a change of scenery would do Evans a ton of good, but Buffalo probably cannot afford to be without him, even though he isn't what his name value would suggest. Johnson did benefit from attention that Evans received from opposing coverage schemes, but he does a lot well in his own right, including giving Fitzpatrick a strong red zone option. Drops were a problem, though, and I don't see Johnson as a true No. 1 at the position. But he could be a heck of a No. 2. Roscoe Parrish is pretty much limited to the slot, but he is adequate in his role. Donald Jones and especially David Nelson did some good things in limited viewing. As is the case with much of the Bills' roster, more is needed here.

The Bills have the best QB in the division if you take out Brady and Sanchez...maybe Henne too. Let's rank them #1.

If the preceding seems nonsensical to you, then you won't understand why this guy makes a ranking list taking away WRs either. Even if you take away the Jets WRs, how are the Fins and Bills not ranked higher? The Fins have Brandon Marshall, a legit top 10 WR, and the Bills have Stevie Johnson, who is also a legit top 10 WR and the NFL's best kept WR secret right now. If you play fantasy football, if you are lucky, you can pick up Stevie Johnson.

I suppose this guy writing the article is removing all the WRs and adding extra WRs to the Pats. It's a stupid article.

If all the same players returned to their respective teams, I'd rank them as follows

Jets

Bills

Dolphags

Patriots

Holmes/Edwards/Cotch/Smith >>> Johnson/Evans/Parrish/Nelson >>> Marshall/Bess/Harline/Curtis >>> Welker/Branch/Tate/Eldeman

Easy really. Clearly the Jets have the best WR's, no argument really. I like the Bills because you have 2 game breakers and 2 possession guys who can yac it up. The Dolphags have 2 very good possession guys, with 2 game changers when Curtis is healthy/ The Patriots have nothing but possession guys and lack a game changer deep threat.

If you include the TE's in this discussion...then its a different story.

You guys crack me up.

Saw this today and kind of wondered: does debauchery follow the Jets or do the Jets follow debauchery? Then I giggled thinking that this man called Tom Brady an azzhole.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jets_star_struck_son_cheated_on_P3ymtrFrCKJ3c5dprGb6dP

For someone who doest get caught up in media, you sure do pay a whole lot of attention to it.

For someone who doest get caught up in media, you sure do pay a whole lot of attention to it.

.....I saw it at another site I was perusing during lunch and thought it would make good fodder. :)

BTW - on "talent and potential" alone, I would agree with your ranking (not overall assessment) of the AFC East Receiving Corps. Problem is the QB position. Who's supposed to throw the ball to them? Henne? Fitzpatrick?

Did Cromartie get custody of his oldest son at about the time he joined the Jets? I can swear I read articles to that effect. I am sure the courts would grant custody to a physically abusive father. :rolleyes:

Sounds to me like this is the work of a scorned woman out to make a buck off of her relationship with an NFL star.

What's funny to me is how Garb never believes anything the media says unless it is something negative about the Jets or something positive about the Pats. :blink:

You guys crack me up.

Saw this today and kind of wondered: does debauchery follow the Jets or do the Jets follow debauchery? Then I giggled thinking that this man called Tom Brady an azzhole.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jets_star_struck_son_cheated_on_P3ymtrFrCKJ3c5dprGb6dP

Nice deflection, "In her just-published book..." hmmm another bitch tryna make a quick buck by slandering an easy target on a NY sports team, what else is new?

.....I saw it at another site I was perusing during lunch and thought it would make good fodder. :)

BTW - on "talent and potential" alone, I would agree with your ranking (not overall assessment) of the AFC East Receiving Corps. Problem is the QB position. Who's supposed to throw the ball to them? Henne? Fitzpatrick?

Meh, you post a lot of links to articles off your tweeter that hits the front pages here too. But whatevs.

QB wasnt part of the discussion. All those guys benefit from having Brady, hell Welker has been in elite conversations because of Brady when the guy is a complete and utter JAG. Give Brady the other teams WR's and they actually might have had a chance against the Jets in the playoffs.

Did Cromartie get custody of his oldest son at about the time he joined the Jets? I can swear I read articles to that effect. I am sure the courts would grant custody to a physically abusive father. :rolleyes:

Sounds to me like this is the work of a scorned woman out to make a buck off of her relationship with an NFL star.

What's funny to me is how Garb never believes anything the media says unless it is something negative about the Jets or something positive about the Pats. :blink:

Every time something rotten is said about a Jets player or Coach....you always defend the alleged behavior and more then anything, you always say it's the woman's fault. Always. Inez is a walking boob (literally), Sanzhez was dupped by a 17 year old, Rex is keeping the spark in his marriage alive by being members of a swingers site, Edwards was a victim of racial profiling, Jenn Sturger is a money grubbing whore, Holmes is just a mellow soul.... :rolleyes:

My guess is that she is exxageratting and my guess is that there is some truth to it too. Nine kids, eight women? He should smoke less weed.

Meh, you post a lot of links to articles off your tweeter that hits the front pages here too. But whatevs.

QB wasnt part of the discussion. All those guys benefit from having Brady, hell Welker has been in elite conversations because of Brady when the guy is a complete and utter JAG. Give Brady the other teams WR's and they actually might have had a chance against the Jets in the playoffs.

I saw it at Patsfans.com, actually. Thought it was funny. Do I think it's a book publicity stunt? Yup. Do I think there is a grain of truth to some of it? Yup.

You and I will never agree on Welker. It just is what it is. For a guy coming off a devastating knee injury I think he had a remarkable year - regardless of the untimely dropsies.

Every time something rotten is said about a Jets player or Coach....you always defend the alleged behavior and more then anything, you always say it's the woman's fault. Always. Inez is a walking boob (literally), Sanzhez was dupped by a 17 year old, Rex is keeping the spark in his marriage alive by being members of a swingers site, Edwards was a victim of racial profiling, Jenn Sturger is a money grubbing whore, Holmes is just a mellow soul.... :rolleyes:

My guess is that she is exxageratting and my guess is that there is some truth to it too. Nine kids, eight women? He should smoke less weed.

Klackohomer could get jumped by the entire NY Jets offensive line for absolutely no reason and would defend them to his death that it was an honest case of mistaken identity.

You think she's exaggeration to sell copies? No way! ;-). FWIW, she also states in her book that he was a well endowed stud that gave her the best sexual experiences of her life. Also, none of his kids are over 4 years old...I just find it hard to believe that Cro punched a child that small...and if he did, it wouldnt take much for the kid to fall to the ground.

Klackohomer could get jumped by the entire NY Jets offensive line for absolutely no reason and would defend them to his death that it was an honest case of mistaken identity.

You think she's exaggeration to sell copies? No way! ;-). FWIW, she also states in her book that he was a well endowed stud that gave her the best sexual experiences of her life. Also, none of his kids are over 4 years old...I just find it hard to believe that Cro punched a child that small...and if he did, it wouldnt take much for the kid to fall to the ground.

I think his oldest is 5 and his youngest is almost a year. Nine kids. Eight women. Six states. You 'wanna bet he smokes a lot of weed?

I saw it at Patsfans.com, actually. Thought it was funny. Do I think it's a book publicity stunt? Yup. Do I think there is a grain of truth to some of it? Yup.

You and I will never agree on Welker. It just is what it is. For a guy coming off a devastating knee injury I think he had a remarkable year - regardless of the untimely dropsies.

There is nothing remarkable about leading the league in drops when you are only running 5 yard routes. I don't care about what type of injury he was coming off. Further, there is nothing remarkable about running 5 yards and catching a ball the is perfectly thrown every single time with nobody around you at all which then makes the drop even worse.

Considering that guy is your best WR, thats why I have the Pats WRs last in the AFCE.

bigfan_filmstill1_t600.jpg?4326734cdb8e39baa3579048ef63ad7b451e7676

Yes, I had this movie in mind. And yes, I thought it was loosely based on Klacko's life.

I think his oldest is 5 and his youngest is almost a year. Nine kids. Eight women. Six states. You 'wanna bet he smokes a lot of weed?

I dunno, seems like a lot of work for a stoner to maintain with that many kids and women.

There is nothing remarkable about leading the league in drops when you are only running 5 yard routes. I don't care about what type of injury he was coming off. Further, there is nothing remarkable about running 5 yards and catching a ball the is perfectly thrown every single time with nobody around you at all which then makes the drop even worse.

Considering that guy is your best WR, thats why I have the Pats WRs last in the AFCE.

...he came off a devastating knee injury he suffered in January of 2010. He was as close to the Welker of old as possible without being completely the Welker of old. His stats were pretty good for a guy that some said would miss the entire season.

No offense, Spicoli, but Moss would not have made one ounce of a difference in the Pats/Jets playoff game. Light not being owned, running the ball more, Merriweather getting his head out from his a$$, and an actual pass rush would have been more helpful.

Every time something rotten is said about a Jets player or Coach....you always defend the alleged behavior and more then anything, you always say it's the woman's fault. Always. Inez is a walking boob (literally) PROVEN CORRECT, Sanzhez was dupped by a 17 year old NEVER SAID SUCH A THING, Rex is keeping the spark in his marriage alive by being members of a swingers site PROVEN TRUE, Edwards was a victim of racial profiling NEVER SAID SUCH A THING, Jenn Sturger is a money grubbing whore NEVER SAID SUCH A THING, Holmes is just a mellow soul.... PROVE HE'S NOT :rolleyes:

You need to either learn how to read or stop generalizing EVERYTHING.

You need to either learn how to read or stop generalizing EVERYTHING.

You need to stop being so sensitive about what you perceive as internet slights. Dude, for real, you are about as predictable as an episode of Baywatch when it comes to Jets players + alleged bad behavior = Zippy defense team to the rescue.

Except I've never said half the sh*t Terry accuses me of saying. In fact I defended Jenn Sterger once and got killed for it, no one, and I mean no one on the planet, is more obsessed with Rex and his wife than Garb (I think she wants a piece of Michelle's feet for herself,) while I couldn't really care less about what Rex and his wife do to keep their sex life interesting, Inez Sainz has been proven to be somewhat of an idiot even though she wasn't the one who made accusations against the Jets to begin with (as usual Garb's facts aren't straight,) I always said Edwards was an idiot for driving drunk, I only said he shouldn't be treated any more harshly than any of the other dozens of NFL players who got popped for DWI last year and I don't think anyone with a brain disagrees, I never claimed Sanchez was duped by anyone, I simply pointed out the FACT that he did nothing illegal and that the story of him hooking up with a 17-year-old isn't really a story at all since no laws were broken and he's only 7 years older than her.

So as usual, Garb is being a total hypocrite and trying to deflect her moronic bullsh*t onto me.

You need to stop being so sensitive about what you perceive as internet slights. Dude, for real, you are about as predictable as an episode of Baywatch when it comes to Jets players + alleged bad behavior = Zippy defense team to the rescue.

Read my last post paranoia girl. The media is coming to get you....

Coming off of 2 torn ACLs myself, I have to disagree. It is VERY hard to come back from a torn ACL, and he did have a great year for someone coming off of one. I dunno if you've ever done it, but coming back from a torn ACL was, and currently is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Not easy, and coming back and still being a legit #1 WR is quite an achievement.

Except I've never said half the sh*t Terry accuses me of saying. In fact I defended Jenn Sterger once and got killed for it, no one, and I mean no one on the planet, is more obsessed with Rex and his wife than Garb (I think she wants a piece of Michelle's feet for herself,) while I couldn't really care less about what Rex and his wife do to keep their sex life interesting, Inez Sainz has been proven to be somewhat of an idiot even though she wasn't the one who made accusations against the Jets to begin with (as usual Garb's facts aren't straight,) I always said Edwards was an idiot for driving drunk, I only said he shouldn't be treated any more harshly than any of the other dozens of NFL players who got popped for DWI last year and I don't think anyone with a brain disagrees, I never claimed Sanchez was duped by anyone, I simply pointed out the FACT that he did nothing illegal and that the story of him hooking up with a 17-year-old isn't really a story at all since no laws were broken and he's only 7 years older than her.

So as usual, Garb is being a total hypocrite and trying to deflect her moronic bullsh*t onto me.

Like I said, Zippy, you take these perceived internet slights a bit too personally. Relax, Agnes, no need to protest too much. :P But thanks for the laugh. This post had me in sticthes.

Credit to you for this though! You got me! I do want a crack at the Rex's wife's feet. I just need to find out is that polish she was wearing was OPI Rockett Red!

Hey- women love the soap opera portion of sports. And some men unfortunately....all things you listed there have zero effect on the on the field results. Just win football games.

Archived