ESPN: Defeated cheating scum have the best WR's in the AFC east

madmikeisback

Coming off of 2 torn ACLs myself, I have to disagree. It is VERY hard to come back from a torn ACL, and he did have a great year for someone coming off of one. I dunno if you've ever done it, but coming back from a torn ACL was, and currently is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Not easy, and coming back and still being a legit #1 WR is quite an achievement.

Srsly dude, are you comparing your suckiness @ football to a professional player?

I tore my ACL in high school playing soccer too, does that mean I can compare myself to Wes Welkah...please stop. :mellow: :mellow:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys crack me up.

Saw this today and kind of wondered: does debauchery follow the Jets or do the Jets follow debauchery? Then I giggled thinking that this man called Tom Brady an azzhole.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jets_star_struck_son_cheated_on_P3ymtrFrCKJ3c5dprGb6dP

"I will give it to the man -- he's talented, well endowed, and . . . it was truly the best sex I'd ever had," Patterson writes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/07/rhonda-patterson-antonio-cromartie-sex_n_819912.html

But seriously, no chance she's exaggerating either in the hopes of selling her book.

Anyone who buys this book deserves whatever STDs they contract from turning the pages.

...he came off a devastating knee injury he suffered in January of 2010. He was as close to the Welker of old as possible without being completely the Welker of old. His stats were pretty good for a guy that some said would miss the entire season.

No offense, Spicoli, but Moss would not have made one ounce of a difference in the Pats/Jets playoff game. Light not being owned, running the ball more, Merriweather getting his head out from his a$$, and an actual pass rush would have been more helpful.

Cool...take away the knee injury. Running 5 yards, turning around, catching a perfectly placed ball with nobody around you for 10+ yards...is not impressive.

And I completely disagree with your assessment of the playoff game. Your WR's couldnt get open because the Jets knew exactly how to play the dink and dunk attack that the Patriots were using all season. And as I predicted (though not the Jets) some team would find out how to disrupt the timing of those little dinky routes, get after Brady and the lack of a game changer would be sorely missed. Which it was...without Moss or a player like him, the Jets defense had an easy day of taking away everything underneath because there was no threat of going over top. Watch the game again, the Jets dared the Patriots to throw it short and had LB'ers and safeties playing right in the middle of all those little crossing patterns.

You dont have a player that can take the top off the defense. Moss is the best ever at it. It hurt not having his type of a presence around, and it showed. When your offense is off rhythm and you are facing a lot of pressure...there is nothing better for an offense to have then a deep threat who you can tell to run a go route and have the QB takes 3 steps and toss it up and hope to change the game with one throw. Thats fact.

Coming off of 2 torn ACLs myself, I have to disagree. It is VERY hard to come back from a torn ACL, and he did have a great year for someone coming off of one. I dunno if you've ever done it, but coming back from a torn ACL was, and currently is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Not easy, and coming back and still being a legit #1 WR is quite an achievement.

See my above post, take away the injury, there is nothing impressive about Welker. 30+ guys could do his job without an ounce of a drop off in production.

"I will give it to the man -- he's talented, well endowed, and . . . it was truly the best sex I'd ever had," Patterson writes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/07/rhonda-patterson-antonio-cromartie-sex_n_819912.html

But seriously, no chance she's exaggerating either in the hopes of selling her book.

Anyone who buys this book deserves whatever STDs they contract from turning the pages.

She's just mad she's no longer on the receiving end of that good good loving. :P :P :P

Cool...take away the knee injury. Running 5 yards, turning around, catching a perfectly placed ball with nobody around you for 10+ yards...is not impressive.

And I completely disagree with your assessment of the playoff game. Your WR's couldnt get open because the Jets knew exactly how to play the dink and dunk attack that the Patriots were using all season. And as I predicted (though not the Jets) some team would find out how to disrupt the timing of those little dinky routes, get after Brady and the lack of a game changer would be sorely missed. Which it was...without Moss or a player like him, the Jets defense had an easy day of taking away everything underneath because there was no threat of going over top. Watch the game again, the Jets dared the Patriots to throw it short and had LB'ers and safeties playing right in the middle of all those little crossing patterns.

You dont have a player that can take the top off the defense. Moss is the best ever at it. It hurt not having his type of a presence around, and it showed. When your offense is off rhythm and you are facing a lot of pressure...there is nothing better for an offense to have then a deep threat who you can tell to run a go route and have the QB takes 3 steps and toss it up and hope to change the game with one throw. Thats fact.

Honestly, I think Faulk would have had a bigger impact than Moss. I think the run game could have been utilized more. It was a great defensive game plan by the Jets. No doubt.

Honestly, I think Faulk would have had a bigger impact than Moss. I think the run game could have been utilized more. It was a great defensive game plan by the Jets. No doubt.

Huh? What would Fualk have possibly done that would have changed the outcome of that game? He's Danny Woodhead but slower, older and easier to cover out of the backfield.

This makes no sense. He provides nothing different to your offense than you already have.

Huh? What would Fualk have possibly done that would have changed the outcome of that game? He's Danny Woodhead but slower, older and easier to cover out of the backfield.

This makes no sense. He provides nothing different to your offense than you already have.

I 'dunno....as a long time observer, Faulk always comes through in the clutch. He's a mini-black superman. Say what you want about Woodhead - but Kevin Faulk is smarter, saavier (sp?) and experienced.

Anyway, the Pats lost because the Jets defense was incredibly superior that evening.

I 'dunno....as a long time observer, Faulk always comes through in the clutch. He's a mini-black superman. Say what you want about Woodhead - but Kevin Faulk is smarter, saavier (sp?) and experienced.

Anyway, the Pats lost because the Jets defense was incredibly superior that evening.

And tom Brady was incredibly inept.

Because the Pats offense had no threat over the top, it was an easy outing for the Jets. ;-)

I bet you would have had an easier time with it if you could have focused on it 24/7 while having the best resources at your disposal, as well as some of the best rehabilitation people in the country helping you.

Yeah, but I'm the homer. :rolleyes:

And tom Brady was incredibly inept.

Not a good day, but not as bad as Jets fans make it out to be. By Brady standards, awful.

You know, the more I think of it, the more the Jets were "all in" in 2010. The Pats were essentially rebuilding...and staying competitive. I think their upside is pretty good. What the Jets need to do is actually win the division instead of playing three road games in the playoffs. A tough, tough task.

No offense, Spicoli, but Moss would not have made one ounce of a difference in the Pats/Jets playoff game. Light not being owned, running the ball more, Merriweather getting his head out from his a$, and an actual pass rush would have been more helpful.

It would have been nice if the Pats two probowl DB's could tackle a WR, too.

Not a good day, but not as bad as Jets fans make it out to be. By Brady standards, awful.

You know, the more I think of it, the more the Jets were "all in" in 2010. The Pats were essentially rebuilding...and staying competitive. I think their upside is pretty good. What the Jets need to do is actually win the division instead of playing three road games in the playoffs. A tough, tough task.

It's very rare to see a woman masturbate in public.

Mediocre?

He's been mediocre to bad his last few playoff games against good defenses. Take away the underneath routes, he panics. Now either, Welker isn't as good as you Pats fans thought he was(duh) or Brady isn't as good as you think, either.

As a Jets fan- Brady and the Patriots no longer scare me, because they are very stoppable. Especially with the current WR corp.

Post knee injury- Brady has been a different QB. Any inkling of pressure- its almost comical how nervous he gets in the pocket.

The big question on Moss vs no Moss will be next year IMO. Teams spent the season preparing for one style of offense with NE and they did a terrific job of completely changing on the fly and no team was prepared for it. Our team had the same benefit in 2009 on defense and the Saints had it on offense by catching teams way off guard by running the ball, especially late in games that year. Neither was as effective the following season. Its hard to replace a talent like Moss with scheme. If the Pats falter next year with Branch and Welker it could probably be argued they made a mistake in not trying to get it to work with Moss.

The big question on Moss vs no Moss will be next year IMO. Teams spent the season preparing for one style of offense with NE and they did a terrific job of completely changing on the fly and no team was prepared for it. Our team had the same benefit in 2009 on defense and the Saints had it on offense by catching teams way off guard by running the ball, especially late in games that year. Neither was as effective the following season. Its hard to replace a talent like Moss with scheme. If the Pats falter next year with Branch and Welker it could probably be argued they made a mistake in not trying to get it to work with Moss.

Agreed. And I think Brady got into a zone and the team followed. The no turnover thing is just unheard of.

The part that has to be really unsettling for the Patriots is that the Jets really didnt do anything exotic that will be tough to duplicate. Most teams, with any version of defense can do what Rex was doing that game. Knock the WR's off their route, put safety help on their X reciever, and take everything else away with traps and zones. Get pressure with your front 4, and you can beat that offense down. Easier said than done, I know but still the concept was not profound.

Get a game changer at the WR position, that all changes. Makes you an entirely different team to defend. If they replace Moss, no skin off their back. But it aint that easy. Moss was right people in New England didnt want him to do good.

Archived