ESPN: Defeated cheating scum have the best WR's in the AFC east

madmikeisback

Agreed. And I think Brady got into a zone and the team followed. The no turnover thing is just unheard of.

The part that has to be really unsettling for the Patriots is that the Jets really didnt do anything exotic that will be tough to duplicate. Most teams, with any version of defense can do what Rex was doing that game. Knock the WR's off their route, put safety help on their X reciever, and take everything else away with traps and zones. Get pressure with your front 4, and you can beat that offense down. Easier said than done, I know but still the concept was not profound.

Get a game changer at the WR position, that all changes. Makes you an entirely different team to defend. If they replace Moss, no skin off their back. But it aint that easy. Moss was right people in New England didnt want him to do good.

Yeah Im sure other teams will pick up on that. One of the problems with Belichick is that he he gets so caught up in his QB that he never ever ever even tries to run the football. The Jets had it there for them all day to at least try and they waited until the 4th quarter to even start checking off to it. I dont think thats the first time this Jets team has done that either. All the way back to Mangini they would try some dare to run fronts and the Patriots would rarely take advantage of it. Thats not to say that it would have changed the outcome, but at the least it keeps the momentum from going wild in the favor of the Jets. The Pats looked inept and thats tough to come back from, especially as a front running team. Those teams usually dont do great when the chips are down.

WRs are tough to find. We seemed to be searching for years since Keyshawn forced the breakup of the Johnson/Chrebet tandem. You had Coles and Chrebet. We tried Curtis Conway and Wayne at one point. Then Moss and Chrebet. They we tried Justin McCraphands and Moss. Then we went back to Coles. We lucked into J-Co, but he and Coles were shortlived as an above average tandem. Thats why I want us to stick with Braylon and Holmes. Are they great? Probably not, but both are pretty good and gives you legit talent on the wings. One brings size and another brings some real speed across the field. They should play well together and its probably not unrealistic to count on 1100 yards from one and 900 from the other. Plus both can make gamechanging plays. It will not be easy to replace that with guys like Patrick Turner and Brad Smith.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pats are so overrated, real 14-2 teams do not go one and done in playoffs. The window has closed for them. As for Brady he only played well in 3 games all year, Bears, Pitt and Jets. Look at his stats in all the other games. Very average-like

77% for 350 with 4 TDs and 0 INTs vs Detroit? Very average-like.

I'd be pretty happy if our "franchise QB" was throwing 70+% for 250 with multiple TDs and 0 INTs the Brady did in a couple of other games.

77% for 350 with 4 TDs and 0 INTs vs Detroit? Very average-like.

I'd be pretty happy if our "franchise QB" was throwing 70+% for 250 with multiple TDs and 0 INTs the Brady did in a couple of other games.

T. Brady 27/44 292 6.6 1 2 69.5 Baltimore

19/32 159 5.0 1 0 82.7 sdiego

16/27 240 8.9 1 0 100.8 Minn

20/36 248 6.9 2 2 72.5 jets 1st game

19/36 224 6.2 2 0 90.5 cleve

19/25 186 7.4 2 0 123.1 colts

15/24 163 6.8 2 0 110.2 gbay

19/24 153 6.4 1 0 107.1 mia

10/16 199 12.4 2 0 145.6 Mia

Not MVP stats for most part, very overrated QB

Well the blind hate of Pats continues where it left off last night I see- Tom Brady overated-I think you should reconsider 28 or so NFL teams would take in a instant

it's funny because the games that he used to illustrate that Brady is overrated are probably statistically better than Mark Sanchez's entire season. I detest Brady and all things Pats but 36-4 is kind of hard to argue against.

Well the blind hate of Pats continues where it left off last night I see- Tom Brady overated-I think you should reconsider 28 or so NFL teams would take in a instant

Not saying he is not good or is not a HOFer, just not near as good as advertised. Most of hay gathered was during CHEAT era. He is far from top 5 alltime great QB IMO

Yeah Im sure other teams will pick up on that. One of the problems with Belichick is that he he gets so caught up in his QB that he never ever ever even tries to run the football. The Jets had it there for them all day to at least try and they waited until the 4th quarter to even start checking off to it. I dont think thats the first time this Jets team has done that either. All the way back to Mangini they would try some dare to run fronts and the Patriots would rarely take advantage of it. Thats not to say that it would have changed the outcome, but at the least it keeps the momentum from going wild in the favor of the Jets. The Pats looked inept and thats tough to come back from, especially as a front running team. Those teams usually dont do great when the chips are down.

WRs are tough to find. We seemed to be searching for years since Keyshawn forced the breakup of the Johnson/Chrebet tandem. You had Coles and Chrebet. We tried Curtis Conway and Wayne at one point. Then Moss and Chrebet. They we tried Justin McCraphands and Moss. Then we went back to Coles. We lucked into J-Co, but he and Coles were shortlived as an above average tandem. Thats why I want us to stick with Braylon and Holmes. Are they great? Probably not, but both are pretty good and gives you legit talent on the wings. One brings size and another brings some real speed across the field. They should play well together and its probably not unrealistic to count on 1100 yards from one and 900 from the other. Plus both can make gamechanging plays. It will not be easy to replace that with guys like Patrick Turner and Brad Smith.

Agreed, with this entire post. The reason why we had a nail bitter vs. the Colts is because they were picking up those 3rd downs when we were daring them to run. Pats let arrogance get in the way till it was too late.

And thats my point with Moss. You dont get rid of the greatest game changer ever and expect to be a better offense. It doesnt happen that easy. Even if he's 80% of what he once was, he's still that much better than everyone else and totally changes how you defend their team. You dont just get rid of a guy like that with no back up plan. BB was a genius because they seemed unaffected by it, until they were affected by it. WR's are hard to find, that why I'm 100% on board with trading for known quantities at that position and I really want us to resign Edwards/Holmes.

I'm not gonna be an idiot and say that Brady sucks. But I do believe that if the MVP voting took place after the playoffs, Aaron Rodgers would have won in a landslide.

Never ceases to amaze me how an award like MOST VALUABLE PLAYER is voted on prior to the postseason. MVP should not simply go to the guy with the best stats. That's why they have the offensive and defensive player of the year awards.

The most valuable player is a guy whom his team cannot do without. While I agree that Brady's accomplishments this year drove the Pats more than any other factor, can't you say the same about Peyton Manning? Do the Colts win three games without him in 2010?

Rodgers put his team on his back when it mattered most and got the job done, going on an impressive a six game winning streak to get into the playoffs and ultimately win the Super Bowl.

The thing with the Pats offense is that it almost 100% relies on execution of the plays from all 11 guys. When the Pats execute- they're tough to stop. The Patriots got to the playoffs- thought they'd be able to run their little dump offs without the threat of having anyone that can stretch the field and it blew up in their face. I never really thought Brady was having that oh my god, this guy is scary good season like he had in 07. The signs the Pats were really beatable were apparent all year. Everything was executed to perfection on offense...it wasn't just Brady going out there and dominating like Rodgers did this post season.

With guys like Rodgers- he can improvise a lot more than Brady can and it isnt nearly as important that all 11 guys on the Packers offense executes for the play to work.

The continuation of the collective inferiority complex amongst Jets fans cracks me up. You beat the Pats handily in the playoffs...yet the whining continues. Ho-hum....

Who is whining? We're having a football discussion. Do you care to participate or are you going to simply make obnoxious comments and toss out straw man arguments meant to distract from the topic at hand?

Brady is a great QB who had a great year. Some of us believe someone other than him deserved the MVP. How is that whining? We are discussing our opinions and providing stats and analysis to back them up. Are you capable of doing this?

The thing with the Pats offense is that it almost 100% relies on execution of the plays from all 11 guys. When the Pats execute- they're tough to stop. The Patriots got to the playoffs- thought they'd be able to run their little dump offs without the threat of having anyone that can stretch the field and it blew up in their face. I never really thought Brady was having that oh my god, this guy is scary good season like he had in 07. The signs the Pats were really beatable were apparent all year. Everything was executed to perfection on offense...it wasn't just Brady going out there and dominating like Rodgers did this post season.

With guys like Rodgers- he can improvise a lot more than Brady can and it isnt nearly as important that all 11 guys on the Packers offense executes for the play to work.

Rodgers is the best in the biz. Guy could end up better than both Manning and Brady. He does everything they do but he's more of an athlete and has the best arm of the group. Rodgers is the type of guy that if you had no time to prepare for a team, he'd still go out and ball on pure talent alone. Brady isnt quite that type of QB...nor is Manning really.

The continuation of the collective inferiority complex amongst Jets fans cracks me up. You beat the Pats handily in the playoffs...yet the whining continues. Ho-hum....

Interesting you see it that way. I've actually got the exact opposite impression from this thread. Its almost like Jets fans are finally not worried in the slightest about the Pats. They see their flaws and know they arent the big bad bully they once were. I know I'm not, and I cant remember that last time I said that.

Maybe you realize this too and are having a hard time letting go of the fact you cant sit on your high horse and tell us that way it is anymore. All I see is people arguing if Tom Brady deserved the MVP. Its a valid argument. He got bounced by a 6th seed. Thats not very MVP like. Further, has there ever been a HC win COY w/ an MVP QB? Serious questions. Seems kind of silly to me.

this is why guys like rodgers and big ben and vick make announcers wet in thier panties, they can succeed in spots like this.. With the pressure we were getting and the way we were blanketing pats receivers, we would've shut down manning, brees, rivers, brady and any of the "pocket" passers.. the other guys can extend and make play with thier feet, and give thie rteam a chance..

spicoli is right, you really are the female zippy

T. Brady 27/44 292 6.6 1 2 69.5 Baltimore

19/32 159 5.0 1 0 82.7 sdiego

16/27 240 8.9 1 0 100.8 Minn

20/36 248 6.9 2 2 72.5 jets 1st game

19/36 224 6.2 2 0 90.5 cleve

19/25 186 7.4 2 0 123.1 colts

15/24 163 6.8 2 0 110.2 gbay

19/24 153 6.4 1 0 107.1 mia

10/16 199 12.4 2 0 145.6 Mia

Not MVP stats for most part, very overrated QB

Take the three games out you selected and extrapolate over 16 games and he'd have 3513 yards with 33 TDs and 5 INTs. That still leads the league in TDs with an INT total so low it is insane. He yardage would be barely out of the top 10, but it's still a couple of hundred more than Sanchez. That is after taking out his top 3 games which, by the way, came against 3 of the last teams standing in the NFL. Sounds very overrated.

this is why guys like rodgers and big ben and vick make announcers wet in thier panties, they can succeed in spots like this.. With the pressure we were getting and the way we were blanketing pats receivers, we would've shut down manning, brees, rivers, brady and any of the "pocket" passers.. the other guys can extend and make play with thier feet, and give thie rteam a chance..

Shouldn't we be even more excited about Sanchez then since he seems to be naturally adept at making plays when the pocket breaks down?

Rodgers is the best in the biz. Guy could end up better than both Manning and Brady. He does everything they do but he's more of an athlete and has the best arm of the group. Rodgers is the type of guy that if you had no time to prepare for a team, he'd still go out and ball on pure talent alone. Brady isnt quite that type of QB...nor is Manning really.

Interesting you see it that way. I've actually got the exact opposite impression from this thread. Its almost like Jets fans are finally not worried in the slightest about the Pats. They see their flaws and know they arent the big bad bully they once were. I know I'm not, and I cant remember that last time I said that.

Maybe you realize this too and are having a hard time letting go of the fact you cant sit on your high horse and tell us that way it is anymore. All I see is people arguing if Tom Brady deserved the MVP. Its a valid argument. He got bounced by a 6th seed. Thats not very MVP like. Further, has there ever been a HC win COY w/ an MVP QB? Serious questions. Seems kind of silly to me.

..I think the color of the hue one's sunglasses may color the perception a little bit, no? My sunglasses show me threads upon threads about the Pats, Brady, Belichick, etc. My interpretation is that the Jets consider them a threat and that a lot of the guys are still jealous of Brady.

By the way, no worries, I got a bigger horse as a valentines gift.

tallest-horse_2009.jpg

spicoli is right, you really are the female zippy

Now that is below the belt, dude. Hurtful. You big meanie. I'm just laying a trap, you guys walk in willingly....and BOOM! I get my feelings snapped in half with what could be the meanest thing anyone has every posted about me on the internet.

:)

Not like her. She's literally afraid of the media. It's freaky man.

This is true. I have nightmares about Dan Shaughnessy. I see that curly red hair in my sleep and I wake up screaming in a cold sweat. "Make the Clown go away," I yell, "make the scary, ugly clown go away!"

Take the three games out you selected and extrapolate over 16 games and he'd have 3513 yards with 33 TDs and 5 INTs. That still leads the league in TDs with an INT total so low it is insane. He yardage would be barely out of the top 10, but it's still a couple of hundred more than Sanchez. That is after taking out his top 3 games which, by the way, came against 3 of the last teams standing in the NFL. Sounds very overrated.

Not comparing sanchez to brady, just showing you that his stats were not MVP awesome. the 4 picks is a joke too, as he had many dropped.

I don't really agree about Brees because he is actually very mobile and very hard to sack. But we shut down Rodgers too earlier in the year. He manages 3 FGs, one of which was a short field at the end of the game because we had to go for it. That is being shut down. Brady actually outperformed him.

I don't really agree about Brees because he is actually very mobile and very hard to sack. But we shut down Rodgers too earlier in the year. He manages 3 FGs, one of which was a short field at the end of the game because we had to go for it. That is being shut down. Brady actually outperformed him.

The Rodgers game was played in awful conditions 30 mph winds, we were shutout remember?

Archived