Miguel Cabrera- "Do you know who I am?"

Matt39

http://www.freep.com/article/20110217/SPORTS02/110217016/0/ENT05/Tigers-Miguel-Cabrera-charged-DUI-Florida?odyssey=nav|head

mlb_a_cabreram_200.jpg

LAKELAND, Fla. -- Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera was arrested in Florida Wednesday night on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and two counts of resisting an officer without violence.

He was booked into the St. Lucie County Jail at 12:20 a.m. today and released at 7:45 a.m. after posting $1,350 bond, according to information provided by Mark Weinberg from the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office.

According to police report, a deputy spotted a car Cabrera was driving, smoking on the side of Okeechobee Road in Ft. Pierce, about 100 miles southeast of spring training in Lakeland. Cabrera had an odor of alcohol coming from his breath and his eyes were bloodshot and watery and his speech heavily slurred, according to the report.

In an arrest affidavit, deputies said Cabrera repeated “Do you know who I am, you don’t know anything about my problems.” Cabrera then picked up a bottle of James Buchanan’s Scotch whiskey and started drinking, according to the report.

When asked to get into a patrol vehicle, police say Cabrera used an expletive. Police say he didn’t comply with several orders to get into the patrol vehicle. The arresting deputy said he lifted Cabrera’s left hand to gain pain compliance and Cabrera then “pushed off the vehicle into me,” according to the report.

The deputy then delivered 3-4 knee spikes into Cabrera’s left thigh muscle. Cabrera fell into the vehicle, according to police.

He refused to submit to a breath test to check his alcohol content, deputies said. The 2005 black Land Rover was towed, but has since been retrieved from the impound yard by Cabrera, police said. Deputies did not see anybody with Cabrera at the scene.

In the portion of the police report titled “Psychophysical Evaluation,” the arresting officer checked the boxes marked “cocky,” “combative,” “argumentative” and “belligerent.”

Cabrera, who has a home in Miami and is a native of Venezuela, had not yet reported to spring training in Lakeland.

Cabrera and the other infielders and outfielders don't have their first organized workout of spring training until Saturday. The pitchers and catchers have been working out since Monday.

I just want to go on record as saying it looks like the cops did the right thing here, lol.

RODNEY KING!!!!! PIGS!!!!

Hahahahaha. Dicks!

I'm confused. Did they pull over Garb or Miguel Cabrera?

POTW

Dude Detroit fans are up in arms about this. This guy is a colossal bag of dicks. Another shining example of a person with the world by the balls throwing it all away.

Archived