Gas Prices.......weeeeeeeeeeee

vinnys025

**(NOT political, just a future discussion about gas,cars,or the market please!!)**

So as the stock market begins to crumble and the other half of the world is in revolt, our ol' buddy Gadaffi decided he's going to cut off all oil production. Libya is the largest producer of oil in Africa. Remember when Kuwait was invaded by Iraq? If all of these nations start to cut their supplies based on uprisings, I would say a 5-10$ gallon of gas isn't out of the question here very soon. Time to invest in a hybrid, I fear this is the end of the gas machine. Am I wrong?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**(NOT political, just a future discussion about gas,cars,or the market please!!)**

So as the stock market begins to crumble and the other half of the world is in revolt, our ol' buddy Gadaffi decided he's going to cut off all oil production. Libya is the largest producer of oil in Africa. Remember when Kuwait was invaded by Iraq? If all of these nations start to cut their supplies based on uprisings, I would say a 5-10$ gallon of gas isn't out of the question here very soon. Time to invest in a hybrid, I fear this is the end of the gas machine. Am I wrong?

Sucks for me since I drive a Diesel.

Likewise I just paid $3.54 a gallon. When I bought the truck brand new in 2004 diesel was $1.49 a gallon. Needless to say im looking to trade it in. Granted it gets decent mileage I just cant fathom the price.

Mine is a 2008, so I have to deal with the damned DPF that just destroys my gas mileage. I can't figure out these EPA fackers out. They decide that sticking a giant trash can in the exhaust with a filter in it to catch the tiny diesel particulates, and then pouring fuel into the exhaust every 100-400 miles to clean the filter out was a great idea. meanwhile the truck went from 20+mpg to 12-14, AND every 100-400 miles I blow out smoke from my exhaust that literally has all traffic behind me clamoring to get away because they can't see or breathe from it. It's senseless. I tried to be a good boy and bought a tuner from Banks that helps my gas mileage but keeps the DPF on, but the hell with it. I gotta rip that damn thing off my exhaust. How does redesigning a vehicle to be 60% more reliant on fossil fuels help the environment exactly?

Although, a lot of people don't know that gas prices listed are for 9/10 of a gallon, the 9/10 does NOT mean 9/10 of a cent. So if it says it's $2.70, for example, it's really $3.00, because the $2.70 is only for 9/10 of a gallon. Hopefully that helps some people who never knew that B)

Mine is a 2008, so I have to deal with the damned DPF that just destroys my gas mileage. I can't figure out these EPA fackers out. They decide that sticking a giant trash can in the exhaust with a filter in it to catch the tiny diesel particulates, and then pouring fuel into the exhaust every 100-400 miles to clean the filter out was a great idea. meanwhile the truck went from 20+mpg to 12-14, AND every 100-400 miles I blow out smoke from my exhaust that literally has all traffic behind me clamoring to get away because they can't see or breathe from it. It's senseless. I tried to be a good boy and bought a tuner from Banks that helps my gas mileage but keeps the DPF on, but the hell with it. I gotta rip that damn thing off my exhaust. How does redesigning a vehicle to be 60% more reliant on fossil fuels help the environment exactly?

Diesel = heating oil. it always rises when the temp gets colder. and like 3 years ago diesel was insane. almost $5 a gallon. remember when diesel used to be cheaper than gas?

Yeah, oil will eventually hit $150-$200 a barrel. The middle east is really having problems and the way we're printing money doesnt help either. I knew this was coming. I've been stacking up on food as well as silver. I recommended silver here not too long ago when it was $18 an ounce in order to keep up with the rising prices (preserve purchasing power). A barrel of oil was about $80 then.

Today, Silver is $34 an oz, Oil just went over $100 a barrel and Food has been hitting record highs (wheat, soybeans, corn, rice etc.).

I've been buying silver for a year and storing food for about 6 months. Im trying my best to dodge this big a$$ bullet coming our way.

Yeah, gas is going to $150-$200 a barrel. The middle east is really having problems and the way we're printing money doesnt help either. I knew this was coming. I've been stacking up on food as well as silver. I recommended silver here not too long ago when it was $18 an ounce in order to keep up with the rising prices (preserve purchasing power). A barrel of oil was close to $80 then.

Today, Silver is $34 an oz, Oil just went over $100 a barrel and Food has been hitting record highs (wheat, soybeans, corn, rice etc.).

I've been buying silver for a year and storing food for about 6 months. Im trying my best not dodge this big a$$ bullet coming our way.

Good to know, good to know

Although, a lot of people don't know that gas prices listed are for 9/10 of a gallon, the 9/10 does NOT mean 9/10 of a cent. So if it says it's $2.70, for example, it's really $3.00, because the $2.70 is only for 9/10 of a gallon. Hopefully that helps some people who never knew that B)

That is patently false.

Good to know, good to know

I remember telling some of my friends/family to start storing food. The only person to listen was my mom. The rest looked at me like I was some paranoid moron. Yet prices are going through the roof, and that was before oil spiked damn near 10% yesterday. The funny thing is, I hope im absolutely wrong on this, but you and I both know Crush....that its not looking good, especially for the unprepared.

Hope all is well bro.

I remember telling some of my friends/family to start storing food. The only person to listen was my mom. The rest looked at me like I was some paranoid moron. Yet prices are going through the roof, and that was before oil spiked damn near 10% yesterday. The funny thing is, I hope im absolutely wrong on this, but you and I both know Crush....that its not looking good, especially for the unprepared.

Hope all is well bro.

All is good brother.

supply and demand says at $5 a gallon, demand goes down and inventories rise, dropping prices

don't forget the US gets most of it's oil domestically or from allies

They're allies because they've agreed to buy US debt through bonds and sell their oil in federal notes. This is slowly cracking. Iran now sells oil in other currencies except the dollar. Iraq began to sell in Euro, before the invasion. China and Russia just made a bilateral trade agreement about 3 months ago to use the RMB & Rouble in their trade which includes russian oil. Thailand just purchased barrels of crude as a store of wealth and used their US dollar holdings to do so.

Not to mention that the Saudi's have overstated their amount of oil left by some 40%. If thats true then that leaves Russia and Iran. This could easily be avoided by drilling the oil in alaska. Dont know why we're not doing it. I have my thoughts though.

bout time we all lowered our carbon footprint anyway.. new industries aren't bad

You're right. We do need to get away from oil given the pollutants. Its "yesterdays" type of resource if you will. Problem is the industry wouldnt want to lose all that power/money to much safer, more plentiful (less reliant) resource. Carbon isnt the issue though, its not a toxin but plant food. I didnt know that carbon had a footprint.

There are ways to delete the DPF. It sounds like youre describing a Ford?

I think Mount Union just revoked your admission for that...

Hope all is well bro.

If I was storing food, which I am not, I wouldn't post it on the internet. It is a lot like the Twilight Zone episode with the guy who built a bomb shelter. Everyone thought he was crazy until it was needed. Then they took it from him, lol.

Archived