Trade deadline thread, I guess.

Aten

It's as much as an indictment of the upcoming draft as it is a success for Cleveland but the Cavs just basically got a free lottery pick. Williams is absolutely terrible and makes nearly as much in the three years left on his deal as Davis does in the two on his, which is just as well for the Cavs since they're not going to be any good next season anyway. Drawing a blank on this one.

It's as much as an indictment of the upcoming draft as it is a success for Cleveland but the Cavs just basically got a free lottery pick. Williams is absolutely terrible and makes nearly as much in the three years left on his deal as Davis does in the two on his, which is just as well for the Cavs since they're not going to be any good next season anyway. Drawing a blank on this one.

Turns out Davis has three years left. God that's terrible.

Turns out Davis has three years left. God that's terrible.

LOL.

The Cavs had a horrible FO with LeBron and a horrible FO without him. He handled the decision poorly, but the Cavs squandered the god-given (Stern-given) luck of their pingpong balls coming up and drafting LeBron.

That team won 61 games last year and have now only won 10. Amazing. It's funny, but the Cavs' debacle makes LeBron look more sympathetic.

This deal is awful for both sides. I can see if the Clippers were trying to clear room for 2012, but they would need to hope that Williams declines his player option. Never underestimate the cheapness of Donald Sterling, who stands to save ~$6m through next season as a result.

I think the lottery pick is a sure sign that this draft is easily expected to be the worst since 2000.

The heat need to make a deal for Deandre Jordan C for the Clippers right now!!! Young, atheltic big man that gives some offense inside. Clippers arnt going to be able to keep him after this year, go get'em Pat. Lol @ the Cavs, barons contract is awful and there is no way they'll come to agreement on a buyout, unless Davis is prepared to leave a ton of money behind.

The heat need to make a deal for Deandre Jordan C for the Clippers right now!!! Young, atheltic big man that gives some offense inside. Clippers arnt going to be able to keep him after this year, go get'em Pat. Lol @ the Cavs, barons contract is awful and there is no way they'll come to agreement on a buyout, unless Davis is prepared to leave a ton of money behind.

The Clippers have already said they aren't letting Jordan go. Besides, if they aren't going to be able to keep him, how do you propose your team fits him under the cap?? There are just no big men on the market (look at orlando trying to replace gortat for months) and guys like Jordan and Marc Gasol just aren't going anywhere.

For the knicks. Hello Earl Barron or Camby if he's waived after today.

The Clippers have already said they aren't letting Jordan go. Besides, if they aren't going to be able to keep him, how do you propose your team fits him under the cap?? There are just no big men on the market (look at orlando trying to replace gortat for months) and guys like Jordan and Marc Gasol just aren't going anywhere.

Keeping Jordan isn't an issue for the Clippers, unless they don't want to spend their MLE on him, since the Gilbert Arenas rule sets that as the upper limit of what another team can offer him as a FA. If he wants to sign elsewhere, under the current rules, any team that's over the cap can offer him the full MLE, including Miami.

Doesn't look like Sacramento is getting rid of Dalembert. I think Williams is probably better than what's out there (Jeffries, Barron, etc.) unless Indiana puts Foster in play or something.

If Dalenbert gets bought out you can book it he's in Miami...dude is Hatian (huge haitian popultaion in Miami) and had like 100 family member present at the Heat game on Tuesday and the interest is mutual.

If Dalenbert gets bought out you can book it he's in Miami...dude is Hatian (huge haitian popultaion in Miami) and had like 100 family member present at the Heat game on Tuesday and the interest is mutual.

Can they buy him out? I dunno exactly how the floor works but Sacramento's under it as it is.

Can they buy him out? I dunno exactly how the floor works but Sacramento's under it as it is.

Thats what Brian Windhorst was saying on his segment on the Sedan show on 790. Said there was a very good possibility he'll be bought out and be free to sign March 1st. Also said to keep an eye on Bibby getting bought out. Bibby can;t defend worth a sh*t and can barely move at this point, but he can still hit the 3.

Doesn't look like Sacramento is getting rid of Dalembert. I think Williams is probably better than what's out there (Jeffries, Barron, etc.) unless Indiana puts Foster in play or something.

Wow, Toronto's trying to move Evans. Ideas?

Good point. The answer in short is that they can, but it would make zero sense. If they don't get back above the floor, they'd have to divide how ever much they're below by amongst all the players on the roster. Essentially, they'd pay Dalembert to go away and then divide up the money the would've been paying him to the rest of the team. Not exactly a fiscally sound maneuver.

Wow, Toronto's trying to move Evans. Ideas?

Not without including Douglas. Azu/TD works from a dollars standpoint, but then we're left with Anthony Carter to backup at the point. They can't even offer some crap like Azu/Mason/pick, because in throwing in Golden State's two #2's in the Melo deal, the Knicks don't have one of their own until 2013, nor can they trade a #1 until 2016.

We're back to the no assets issue.

They'd have to know that Indiana is going to buy him out and that he'll sign here first so that you're not stuck with Carter as your backup. I mean, can you see D'Antoni giving minutes to a PG that has absolutely no ability to shoot the ball?

No. But it does seem like the Knicks are anticipating some kind of action on the buyout front since they're trying to shed Balkman and Brewer and I'd hope the plan isn't to double up on Barron and Jeffries or something similarly stupid.

No. But it does seem like the Knicks are anticipating some kind of action on the buyout front since they're trying to shed Balkman or Brewer and I'd hope the plan isn't to double up on Barron and Jeffries or something similarly stupid.

Well, being that they're at 15 on the roster, they need to drop someone in order to sign a guy like Barron, which I think is the likely plan at this point. That is, barring some unforeseen big becoming available.

Well, being that they're at 15 on the roster, they need to drop someone in order to sign a guy like Barron, which I think is the likely plan at this point. That is, barring some unforeseen big becoming available.

I guess I just don't think it makes much sense to get rid of both of them to sign two interchangable bigs with Shelden Williams already on the roster. Seems more likely that one spot is for Barron or Jeffries and the other is for something else. Probably moot as we're not getting any action anyway and will probably only end up buying out Balkman.

I guess I just don't think it makes much sense to get rid of both of them to sign two interchangable bigs with Shelden Williams already on the roster. Seems more likely that one spot is for Barron or Jeffries and the other is for something else. Probably moot as we're not getting any action anyway and will probably only end up buying out Balkman.

Agreed on all points. If they're not able to swing a trade, I think Balkman is getting dumped for a big, while someone else (Mason?) gets jettisoned if someone they want becomes available as a vet buyout - specifically, a PG.

They'd have to know that Indiana is going to buy him out and that he'll sign here first so that you're not stuck with Carter as your backup. I mean, can you see D'Antoni giving minutes to a PG that has absolutely no ability to shoot the ball?

Oh pick me! pick me! Me first! Answering in the form of a question. What is Chris Duhon!

Kendrick Perkins traded to OKC for Jeff Green. I'm F'ing happy about this!!! Deal also includes Nate Robinson to OKC and Boston getting Kristic lmaooooo

Um...I'm happy to, so I dunno why you're laughing? I feel we're a better team for now and the future...

sorry chief...you may be better for the future but definitly not better for a title run this year.

1. We have 2 GOOD Cs already in the O'Neals, not including a filler Krstic if we're short on big men

2. Perkins is coming off of a torn ACL, and he strained his MCL the other day as well, meaning he will be injury-prone

3. We have a huge payroll, and Perkins rejected an offer for an extension earlier in the year..not worth the extra $ next year

4. We get a good, young, defensive-minded SF/PF who can score, defend, and play both the 3 and the 4.

5. Our bench now has that much-needed scorer that we needed, plus we now have that great backup at the 3 that we lacked before

6. As for Robinson, we already have 2 GOOD PGs in West and Rondo

I'd take this lineup any day of the week:

PG: Rondo/West

SG: Allen/Wafer/Bradley

SF: Pierce/Green

PF: Garnett/Davis/Green

C: Shaq/Jermaine/Krstic

Also, aren't these the same people who said we were stupid for trading 8 players for Garnett? In Danny we trust!

Archived