Giving up for lent?

Maxman

I'm with Verde, I'm giving up nothing. I assume it's pretty hot in hell, so if Verde is there she won't be wearing much which is not such a bad thing.

Verde will be Satan's personal servant. So you won't get much face time with her. Or any time for that matter.

One day.. fasting and 24hrs atoning.. and we are done for the year!

Nothing to give up ( other then food for 24 hrs) but of course after the 24 hr fast.. we feast. :D

good luck all. ;)

This is one of the reasons I always say... The Jews may've invented guilt, but the Catholics turned it into an art form.

Catholicism is also the ideal mobster religion. You kill somebody, you confess, say a couple hundred Acts of Contrition, and you're clear to go about business the following day.

For those that partake, what are you giving up for lent? I don't want this to be a religious discussion let's just focus on making fun of each other for what we are giving up, lol.

Me? I am giving up every beverage other than water. And meat for all of lent.

Should be fun...:D

Jets Mets and Nets games, I picked something easy.

Not sure what lent is and i do not want to know. But when you have to give stuff its essentially a self torture.

This kindda self torture happens in almost all religions.

So logically breaking it down (for almost all religions) it comes down to the fact that the imaginary/fantasy person in the sky (that you worship) that watches out for you and you are told loves you, actually loves you more than others if you indulge in some form of self-torture in his honor.

And it also helps in sealing your place to some good place (another fantasy called heaven) in after life while the others burn in fire. Which if you think about it is very selfish. I wonder how that is accepted in any religion ?

The contradictions of any religion and the fantasy associated with it get to a point where most rational people tune out.

Interesting, what you believe in has no bearing on what reality is. If I am a Catholic, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Pagan, Non-beliver no matter how hard you believe or don't believe or go to chuch or temple or walk around in funny clothes or eat weird food it won't make what you believe any more true.

I would really hate to belong to a crazy strict religion like a Orthodox Jew. Then find out the Protesants who go to church once a year is right. Bigger kick would be everyone goes to heaven regardless. Charlie Sheen is up there with equal standing as Mother Thresa.

Interesting, what you believe in has no bearing on what reality is. If I am a Catholic, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Pagan, Non-beliver no matter how hard you believe or don't believe or go to chuch or temple or walk around in funny clothes or eat weird food it won't make what you believe any more true.

I would really hate to belong to a crazy strict religion like a Orthodox Jew. Then find out the Protesants who go to church once a year is right. Bigger kick would be everyone goes to heaven regardless. Charlie Sheen is up there with equal standing as Mother Thresa.

There is no heaven. Show me someone who has actually seen heaven. Other than someone who nailed his hot French teacher. That's a different kind of heaven.

Back to the point. There is no heaven. Its just a fantasy and its indoctrinated into people's mind from a very young age.

We are an organic life form. Once the heart stops beating it is the END. There is no afterlife. None that anyone has a proof of.

Archived