Where is the OTHER letter?

Garb

...the other letter telling season ticket holders that since its unsure when the NFL season will start, if at all, there is no need to send in their payment by the previously stated deadline. No fear of losing your seats, just pay when this is all resolved.... ;)

This letter was sent to Patriots Season Ticket holders today:

Dear xxxxxxx:

As a Season Ticket Holder, you hold an elite position among Patriots fans, so we wanted to communicate directly with you regarding the recent expiration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement – the contract between the league and the labor union representing the players.

As you may know, for the past three weeks, the NFL and the players' union have been in mediation working to ensure a healthy future for the National Football League. Going into the negotiations, we remained very optimistic that an agreement could be reached if both sides were committed to negotiating.

Last week, the league and the owners presented the players' union with a comprehensive proposal that we believe was fair and benefited both parties. We hoped it would serve as a basis to continue negotiating in good faith toward a final agreement. This proposal gave the players many benefits and off-season scheduling changes that they had been seeking. It also offered a 14% increase in compensation, representing a total of $19-20 billion over the next four seasons. Unfortunately, the players' union walked away from mediation and the ongoing negotiations last Friday, without responding to this proposal. Rather than working collaboratively, they chose to initiate litigation against the clubs.

While disappointed by their action to decertify and file a lawsuit, we remain confident that an agreement will be reached and that the 2011 season will be played. The NFL, the owners and the New England Patriots organization remain committed to collective bargaining and reaching a new agreement with the players' union.

We know that many Season Ticket Holders are feeling frustrated by our inability to finalize a deal with the players' union. We apologize for any role we played in that. Please know that we are working diligently to assure that NFL operations get back to “normal” as soon as possible.

As always, we greatly appreciate your support of the Patriots and will continue to keep you informed of any developments as they arise. We encourage you to stay up-to-date on the progress of these negotiations via www.nfllabor.com. If you have any other questions, please contact the ticket office at 508-543-1776 or e-mail tickets@patriots.com.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Robert K. Kraft, Jonathan A. Kraft

For ownership, the season ticket holder is guaranteed a$$.

The Pats, Jets, and pretty much every other team is taking money from their Season Ticket Holders. I feel bad (not) for the people who have PSL's.

They seriously said that season ticket holders are elite fans? All being a season ticket holder means is you have the $ and time to be a season ticket holder. Don't get me wrong, MOST of the people who can afford work their a$$ off for the money, but being able to afford it doesn't make you a better fan.

Here's on I got from Wayne Weaver of the Jags.

We all share the disappointment that the players union turned down an excellent deal on Friday and has instead decided to litigate. I am in full agreement with the NFL and the other Clubs that the NFL had no practical choice after these actions except to lock out the players.

It is my belief that an agreement on a new CBA will be reached and that we will play football this fall. However, it seems clear that a new agreement will not be found in court, but rather at the negotiating table. I know that our fans, the players and the Clubs all want to get on with football.

We can expect some confusion and frustration over the next few weeks. However, as the courts deal with these issues, I am encouraged that Mr. Cohen and his colleagues at the Mediation Service are willing to facilitate further negotiations, and hope that those negotiations will start again sooner rather than later.

As to our football business, we continue to prepare for this important college draft and the 2011 season. Gene Smith and his staff are working night and day to improve our football team. Jack Del Rio and our coaches are assisting in these evaluations at the same time that they are doing intense study of our strategies and developing plans and improvements that they will incorporate when preparations for the season begin in earnest.

As I said, I firmly expect that we will play football this fall. Therefore, our ticket and sponsorship efforts will continue with business as usual. We will also continue hosting offseason events for our fans, as we have done before.

We made great progress last year by eliminating "blackouts" and our Team Teal goal this year is to "sell out" all games at EverBank Field in 2011. Our promise continues to be that fans will not pay for games that are not played, so there is no risk in buying your season tickets.

We need your support more than ever in continuing to build a great NFL tradition in Jacksonville. Thank you for your support and I look forward to seeing you at EverBank Field this season.

They seriously said that season ticket holders are elite fans? All being a season ticket holder means is you have the $ and time to be a season ticket holder. Don't get me wrong, MOST of the people who can afford work their a$ off for the money, but being able to afford it doesn't make you a better fan.

Sure it does, it means you are willing to part with $20/week for a seat to watch the team you spend countless hours online reading about.

Literally for $20 a week you could be a season ticket holder, if you cannot scrape up $20/week you are indeed less of a fan.

See how easy it is to use your spinning method and make any argument seem epic!

lolfalconfail

Sure it does, it means you are willing to part with $20/week for a seat to watch the team you spend countless hours online reading about.

Literally for $20 a week you could be a season ticket holder, if you cannot scrape up $20/week you are indeed less of a fan.

See how easy it is to use your spinning method and make any argument seem epic!

lolfalconfail

Yeah, because every single Jets fan in the entire world can also afford to fly around the country 16 times a year. I don't think so.

Here's on I got from Wayne Weaver of the Jags.

We all share the disappointment that the players union turned down an excellent deal on Friday and has instead decided to litigate. I am in full agreement with the NFL and the other Clubs that the NFL had no practical choice after these actions except to lock out the players.

It is my belief that an agreement on a new CBA will be reached and that we will play football this fall. However, it seems clear that a new agreement will not be found in court, but rather at the negotiating table. I know that our fans, the players and the Clubs all want to get on with football.

We can expect some confusion and frustration over the next few weeks. However, as the courts deal with these issues, I am encouraged that Mr. Cohen and his colleagues at the Mediation Service are willing to facilitate further negotiations, and hope that those negotiations will start again sooner rather than later.

As to our football business, we continue to prepare for this important college draft and the 2011 season. Gene Smith and his staff are working night and day to improve our football team. Jack Del Rio and our coaches are assisting in these evaluations at the same time that they are doing intense study of our strategies and developing plans and improvements that they will incorporate when preparations for the season begin in earnest.

As I said, I firmly expect that we will play football this fall. Therefore, our ticket and sponsorship efforts will continue with business as usual. We will also continue hosting offseason events for our fans, as we have done before.

We made great progress last year by eliminating "blackouts" and our Team Teal goal this year is to "sell out" all games at EverBank Field in 2011. Our promise continues to be that fans will not pay for games that are not played, so there is no risk in buying your season tickets.

We need your support more than ever in continuing to build a great NFL tradition in Jacksonville. Thank you for your support and I look forward to seeing you at EverBank Field this season.

1) lol, team teal, they plan to sell out every game this year. Do they plan to do this by tarping over another 20,000 seats??

2) lol at the ticket policy, "we promise to refund you for unplayed games. Gee thanks, this makes me feel great about paying you now. Other teams are deferring payment, but hey, you guys promise refunds in 6 months.

They seriously said that season ticket holders are elite fans? All being a season ticket holder means is you have the $ and time to be a season ticket holder. Don't get me wrong, MOST of the people who can afford work their a$$ off for the money, but being able to afford it doesn't make you a better fan.

124 just died a little inside.

Archived