LT gets 6 mos probation

Kleckineau

If he didn't know the girl was underage so he really didn't do anything wrong as far as I'm concerned. Prostitution, gambling and weed should all be legal anyway. The girl didn't say I'm underage and I'm being forced to do this so the only one that should go to jail is the guy that made her do it.

6 years probation.

Its still a joke.

I don't think LT or anyone else in this situatiion desrves jail time for this.

LT hired a pimp who sent thim this woman. One week shy of her 17th birthday, she probably did not appear that young. The law says the adult is responsible for knowing the age-but is that realistic?

Are we expecting johns to start carding the hookers?

LT hired a pimp who sent thim this woman. One week shy of her 17th birthday, she probably did not appear that young. The law says the adult is responsible for knowing the age-but is that realistic?

Considering all the other trouble Taylor has been in its another slap on the wrist.

Soliciting prostitution is illegal in NY state. We have no idea how young she looked but she showed up with a black eye and I can't believe she didn't seem like she was under some duress. LT has the money and if he wanted a hooker should have flown his crackhead as to Vegas so someone could card the hooker for him.

Looks like this girl has decided to get paid at this point. Sad all the way around.

Yes, they should. If your daughter or sister were in the same boat I bet you would be singing a different tune. Really?? She showed up with a black eye! Start thinking with your big head for a change.

Yes, they should. If your daughter or sister were in the same boat I bet you would be singing a different tune. Really?? She showed up with a black eye! Start thinking with your big head for a change.

This is why I only request 16 year-old hookers WITHOUT black eyes. I'm like, civic-minded.

Soliciting prostitution is illegal in NY state. We have no idea how young she looked but she showed up with a black eye and I can't believe she didn't seem like she was under some duress. LT has the money and if he wanted a hooker should have flown his crackhead as to Vegas so someone could card the hooker for him.

It might be illegal, but since when do they give the johns jail sentences for it? There's a reason this activity is known as the world's oldest profession. If we ever start throwing people who pay for sex in prison, we'd have to put a fence around half the housing developments in the country and call them penitentiaries.

Yes, the woman had a bruise on her face when she met Taylor. The bruise doesn't necessarily mean duress. Most hookers are involved with drugs and live chaotic lives. Taylor did not know or care about her private life, would likely not get the truth even if he did care, and wanted to have sex and be on his way in an hour or so.

The woman was underage by a week. In my opinion, underage sex laws are about trafficking, breaking up sex rings that kidnap children and pass them around for sex. This woman had been in trouble before, and her story of being exploited was somewhat murky and was contradicted by others, at least in part. Taylor did not know she was underage. Yes, he was in technical violation and the law says the adult is responsible for discerning the age, but there was no evidence that Taylor was looking for an underage sex partner.

At least one practicing lawyer on this board, on the other thread dealing with this some months ago, said that he would expect the prosecutor to give the john, (Taylor), a very reduced charge in exchange for testimony against the pimp, who is the real, knowing villian in this story. I don't think Taylor's sentence was anything that anyone else with good legal representation would not have gotten.

Finally, America has more people in jail than any other country, (I am not sure that is a bad thing). Many states have begun releasing prisoners early simply because they have to make room for new convicts. If you want to give early release to a forcible rapist or some guy who beats up 75 year olds and takes their money, fine. I would just as soon keep them behind bars and give Taylor his probation,because the only thing Taylor wanted to do was have sex with an adult hooker and go home.

It might be illegal, but since when do they give the johns jail sentences for it? There's a reason this activity is known as the world's oldest profession. If we ever start throwing people who pay for sex in prison, we'd have to put a fence around half the housing developments in the country and call them penitentiaries.

Yes, the woman had a bruise on her face when she met Taylor. The bruise doesn't necessarily mean duress. Most hookers are involved with drugs and live chaotic lives. Taylor did not know or care about her private life, would likely not get the truth even if he did care, and wanted to have sex and be on his way in an hour or so.

The woman was underage by a week. In my opinion, underage sex laws are about trafficking, breaking up sex rings that kidnap children and pass them around for sex. This woman had been in trouble before, and her story of being exploited was somewhat murky and was contradicted by others, at least in part. Taylor did not know she was underage. Yes, he was in technical violation and the law says the adult is responsible for discerning the age, but there was no evidence that Taylor was looking for an underage sex partner.

It is two separate crimes.

Does he deserve jailtime for soliciting? No.

However, sex with a minor, even consensual is illegal.

That Taylor was not looking for an underage hooker (debatable) does not matter. It is statutory rape. This is not an 18yo and 16.99yo. It is a 50yo and 16.99yo. One person should know better.

It is two separate crimes.

Does he deserve jailtime for soliciting? No.

However, sex with a minor, even consensual is illegal.

That Taylor was not looking for an underage hooker (debatable) does not matter. It is statutory rape. This is not an 18yo and 16.99yo. It is a 50yo and 16.99yo. One person should know better.

Being underage by a week is a ticky-tack reason for anyone to get indignant over the act. Now the law is the law, it's there for a reason, and there has to be a line for age drawn somewhere (arbitrary as that line is). But the idea that a girl 16 years + 51 weeks old is less-apt to know what she's doing than a girl 16 years + 52 weeks old is nonsense; no one believes that. They made it 16 years + 52 weeks because that's a round number (17.00 years rather than 16.98 years as this girl was), not because of some scientifically or sociologically-derived data that suggests magical maturity and good judgment occurs on one's 17th birthday that isn't there the prior day (or, as in this case, the prior week).

The law doesn't care if, as you put it, it's an 18 yo and a 16.99 yo OR a 50 yo and a 16.99 yo. So the law doesn't make much sense there anyway since we all know there is a world of difference. Which is worse? A boy who turned 18 last week still sleeping with his 16 year-old girlfriend (who he's been with for 2 years), or a 60 year-old nailing a girl one day before her 17th birthday? Under the law they are equal crimes.

What do I care, really? Throw him in jail. It's not like this is the first criminal trouble he's been in and is unlikely to be the last. But if he's giving up info on the pimp (a worse criminal than LT), the probation he got is fine. Besides, she's suing him now anyway.

Shouldn't "looks" be a criteria?

I'm sure it would be no sweat to draft a statute that enumerates what characteristics someone has or lacks that contributes to how old a child looks. There could be a government panel of appearance judges who determine how old someone "looks" before a sentence is levied.

I'm sure it would be no sweat to draft a statute that enumerates what characteristics someone has or lacks that contributes to how old a child looks. There could be a government panel of appearance judges who determine how old someone "looks" before a sentence is levied.

I was kidding, tongue in cheek, so to speak

It's interesting that Taylor is back in the news when the Charlie Sheen story appeared. That's because when Sheen said that he was curing himself of his drug addiction simply by the power of his mind, the first thing I thought of was Taylor's book which claimed that his devotion to golf got him off drugs-pretty much the same thing as Sheen is saying. Of course, Taylor was back on drugs in a short time.

Mountains of cocaine, hookers, and a powerful will which can cure themselves of it-Taylor and Sheen have a lot in common.

It's interesting that Taylor is back in the news when the Charlie Sheen story appeared. That's because when Sheen said that he was curing himself of his drug addiction simply by the power of his mind, the first thing I thought of was Taylor's book which claimed that his devotion to golf got him off drugs-pretty much the same thing as Sheen is saying. Of course, Taylor was back on drugs in a short time.

Mountains of cocaine, hookers, and a powerful will which can cure themselves of it-Taylor and Sheen have a lot in common.

Ya, but then LT got hooked on sex like Tiger Woods. Consequently, all those women bitching at him 24/7 forced him back to drug and drink.

Its a vicious cycle.

Archived