I am officially a Purple Raider :)

Falcon63

Just sent in the deposit today. Talked to the coach and after my visit we talked some more and I feel it's a good fit for me. My position is not set in stone, but I will most likely be playing OL, which is not bad at all (I get that sense of accomplishment when I know I opened up the hole for a big run even if I don't get credit for it). They'll be sending me a publicity form and a summer workout schedule, so I can't wait to get started on it. They do have a big roster, however, if I show my good work ethic, I think I can make a big first impression. I'll be studying Criminal Justice, and my goal is to get a Law Enforcement internship, and eventually an FBI internship (there's an FBI building in Fairmont, WV, so I could still live with my family until I could get a solid full-time job). The decision was clear cut from the beginning, and that was before I found out that one of my football buddies might also go there. So that helped. But yeah, really happy with my decision, and hopefully I can succeed at MU.

Congrats! Hopefully all goes well for you there and everything. I personally am waiting on four more schools, and from there I'll have to choose where to look and then where to go. Should be fun...I just want to know which states I'll have to fly to in April, lol.

And I'm going to have to fly out to Cali at some point now! :)

Caltech?

Harvey Mudd. I didn't apply to Cal Tech. Too many Asians. :bag:

I'm waiting on three more schools, but Stanford and Cornell are the only two I have on the same level as HMC. I'm ecstatic right now--I was expecting mail from Carnegie Mellon today, but got better news instead! After my first admissions decisions consisted of a deferral from Michigan and a rejection from MIT, I wasn't very optimistic about my chances. But I've since gotten into Michigan, Buffalo, RPI, BU, and just now HMC.

Harvey Mudd. I didn't apply to Cal Tech. Too many Asians. :bag:

I'm waiting on three more schools, but Stanford and Cornell are the only two I have on the same level as HMC. I'm ecstatic right now--I was expecting mail from Carnegie Mellon today, but got better news instead! After my first admissions decisions consisted of a deferral from Michigan and a rejection from MIT, I wasn't very optimistic about my chances. But I've since gotten into Michigan, Buffalo, RPI, BU, and just now HMC.

Looks like you got things pretty good. I USED TO have a 3.7 GPA up until my junior year and was being recruited by Princeton to play football, but after 2 torn ACLs and my grades dropping for reasons I'm too lazy to explain, I quickly had to lower my standards. But yeah, as a MA native, I can tell you that BU is a great school that has some good connections.

Looks like you got things pretty good. I USED TO have a 3.7 GPA up until my junior year and was being recruited by Princeton to play football, but after 2 torn ACLs and my grades dropping for reasons I'm too lazy to explain, I quickly had to lower my standards. But yeah, as a MA native, I can tell you that BU is a great school that has some good connections.

I just got into BU today and they offered crappy aid, but it was pretty much off the list after getting into RPI (they gave me quite a bit of merit/need-based stuff). My sister goes there, so I've been telling her I didn't care about the decision to piss her off. :P

I just got into BU today and they offered crappy aid, but it was pretty much off the list after getting into RPI (they gave me quite a bit of merit/need-based stuff). My sister goes there, so I've been telling her I didn't care about the decision to piss her off. :P

Troy, NY. Beautiful!

Troy now has a Dinosaur BBQ. That's reason enough to go to RPI. Hockey team is pretty good too.

They just got owned today by North Dakota or something like that. I never knew Dinosaur BBQ was a chain--my brother keeps telling me I have to go to the one in Harlem/uptown Manhattan wherever it is.

They just got owned today by North Dakota or something like that. I never knew Dinosaur BBQ was a chain--my brother keeps telling me I have to go to the one in Harlem/uptown Manhattan wherever it is.

Not really a chain per se. Rochester, Syracuse, Troy and the City. North Dakota is always good at hockey though.

Just sent in the deposit today. Talked to the coach and after my visit we talked some more and I feel it's a good fit for me. My position is not set in stone, but I will most likely be playing OL, which is not bad at all (I get that sense of accomplishment when I know I opened up the hole for a big run even if I don't get credit for it). They'll be sending me a publicity form and a summer workout schedule, so I can't wait to get started on it. They do have a big roster, however, if I show my good work ethic, I think I can make a big first impression. I'll be studying Criminal Justice, and my goal is to get a Law Enforcement internship, and eventually an FBI internship (there's an FBI building in Fairmont, WV, so I could still live with my family until I could get a solid full-time job). The decision was clear cut from the beginning, and that was before I found out that one of my football buddies might also go there. So that helped. But yeah, really happy with my decision, and hopefully I can succeed at MU.

Awesome news Falcon!!! I can't wait to watch you on ESPN next year. You will be the difference they take the title back from WW, I know this! Keep rehabbing that knee. They're gonna need you ready and rocking to go!

WAR: -> Any more news today?? Great choices! Harvey Mudd is awesome!! As are your other choices.

Congrats Falcon!

I'm in at Carnegie Mellon, making me 6 for 7. Not too shabby.

My sister wants me to go to Michigan. She's the athlete so she has no idea what I'd be doing in Harvey Mudd, lol.

I played DIII hoops

lemme break it down for you

the crowds will be lame, your high school crowds are better

it's weird the first day, you don't know anybody, in high school you've known the guys for years and you even know who has the slutty sister

the coach forgets everything he told you while recruiting you

if the football schedule in anyway interferes with your studies, drop it

I'm not kidding

nothing personal, but if they don't even have a defined role for you and they have a huge roster, and you are coming off of a knee injury, the smart play is to use the football to help you get admitted, then study your a$$ off and graduate in 4 years

I gave up hoops after my freshman season, the road trips and practices took up a huge amount of time, and I was a science major, and I blew out an ankle, and I just had to walk away. (ok, limp away) a $500 pell grant just wasn't worth the trouble.

24 years later I'm very happy I did, if I had let my grades slip because of a meaningless DIII career, that would be stupid

I played DIII hoops

lemme break it down for you

the crowds will be lame, your high school crowds are better

it's weird the first day, you don't know anybody, in high school you've known the guys for years and you even know who has the slutty sister

the coach forgets everything he told you while recruiting you

if the football schedule in anyway interferes with your studies, drop it

I'm not kidding

nothing personal, but if they don't even have a defined role for you and they have a huge roster, and you are coming off of a knee injury, the smart play is to use the football to help you get admitted, then study your a$$ off and graduate in 4 years

I gave up hoops after my freshman season, the road trips and practices took up a huge amount of time, and I was a science major, and I blew out an ankle, and I just had to walk away. (ok, limp away) a $500 pell grant just wasn't worth the trouble.

24 years later I'm very happy I did, if I had let my grades slip because of a meaningless DIII career, that would be stupid

Yeah, I got one of my good football buddies most likely going to MU as well, though. And sorry, but I'm not giving up football. I definitely understand what you're saying, but I can't just walk away from football just like that. I don't care how many hate comments I get on this post or any other post, I'm doing this for me. Football is not a game to me, I take it very seriously. I will NEVER give up football, EVER. Call it stupid, but I love the game too much, and not you or anyone else here can ever convince me differently. However, I appreciate you giving it to me straight up, as I agree with you on basically everything, and not just hating on me because I'm happy I got into college football. Obviously I'm going to study my a$$ off, as Criminal Justice is always what I've wanted to study, but football will ALWAYS be a part of my life. No matter what happens or how many injuries I may get along the way. Don't give me any of that Falcon soar sh*t, because I know what sarcasm is, I just don't want to give up on my dreams.

Yeah, I got one of my good football buddies most likely going to MU as well, though. And sorry, but I'm not giving up football. I definitely understand what you're saying, but I can't just walk away from football just like that. I don't care how many hate comments I get on this post or any other post, I'm doing this for me. Football is not a game to me, I take it very seriously. I will NEVER give up football, EVER. Call it stupid, but I love the game too much, and not you or anyone else here can ever convince me differently. However, I appreciate you giving it to me straight up, as I agree with you on basically everything, and not just hating on me because I'm happy I got into college football. Obviously I'm going to study my a$$ off, as Criminal Justice is always what I've wanted to study, but football will ALWAYS be a part of my life. No matter what happens or how many injuries I may get along the way. Don't give me any of that Falcon soar sh*t, because I know what sarcasm is, I just don't want to give up on my dreams.

As a 44 year old that has played in the Italian leagues as recently as 2010 I can tell you that you will give it up. You may think you can play, but your coach will let you know. Give a shot. Give it your best, but it's not a game that you play forever and you will give it up. Make sure you do it at the right time.

As a 44 year old that has played in the Italian leagues as recently as 2010 I can tell you that you will give it up. You may think you can play, but your coach will let you know. Give a shot. Give it your best, but it's not a game that you play forever and you will give it up. Make sure you do it at the right time.

Well yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not just some kid relying 100% on football. I'm not stupid, I know I probably have a one in a billion shot at even going D1, let alone the NFL, but I'm willing to take that chance if it means I could have a shot at my ultimate dream. I'm a risk-taker and you either go big or go home. If I fail in football, I'll still have my education, but I would never forgive myself if I gave up when it got hard. I judge myself VERY harshly in all aspects of life, but I feel I'm a better person for it. I may not be the biggest or strongest player ever seen, but at least I'll go down swinging, probably tearing a few more ACLs along the way.

Should be interesting to hear about every single lecture from every single class you take for the next 4 years. By all means, please take philosophy so we can at least enjoy you interpreting Aeschylus and how it's analogous to your past knee injury.

loloresteia

Well yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not just some kid relying 100% on football. I'm not stupid, I know I probably have a one in a billion shot at even going D1, let alone the NFL, but I'm willing to take that chance if it means I could have a shot at my ultimate dream. I'm a risk-taker and you either go big or go home. If I fail in football, I'll still have my education, but I would never forgive myself if I gave up when it got hard. I judge myself VERY harshly in all aspects of life, but I feel I'm a better person for it. I may not be the biggest or strongest player ever seen, but at least I'll go down swinging, probably tearing a few more ACLs along the way.

You are setting yourself up for a long and lucrative career as a motivational speaker once your football career is over.

farley.jpg

Well loddy-freakin'-dah! We got ourselves a writer here! Hey, Dad, I can't see too good is that Bill Shakespeare over there?

Archived