Fullmetal Alchemist Mafia Sign-ups

AVM

I'd have to say that's probably pretty accurate. It's a show that IMO if you put the time in, it pays off in the end. BSG is a little more dramatic and obviously a lot more action oriented. Still liked BSG a ton, used to watch it when my boy was first born and I had my "shift" of watching him.

I like being able to catch up on these great shows via netflix (I did first 4 seasons of lost that way too). It would have driven me nuts to have to wait years to get answers.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so the two guys crying post mafia games, cry when lost ends ..makes sense..

I'll check it out BSG, would've thought it was just scifi cheese..

and fwiw, I'd didn't cry on that one, but I have been brought to tears by a few other things..

most recently was a Dear Zachery.. also available on Netflix instant.. a really good documentry.. if you're going to watch, just watch it.. don't read about if first, imo

I'm a sucker for anything Dad/Son related. Instantly moved to tears.

I like being able to catch up on these great shows via netflix (I did first 4 seasons of lost that way too). It would have driven me nuts to have to wait years to get answers.

This x1000.

Netflix is how I've watched Mad Men, Sopranos, Deadwood, Weeds, Spartacus, BSG, most of Lost, some of Dexter, The Wire, etc.

My girl and I usually hunker down in the winter and just crank through a whole show in a month or so... It serves my impatience perfectly.

BWAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

Is this a late birthday present for me???

Seriously... I laughed so hard at this I pee'd a little.

alright Ape give it up.. what was the last movie/show you cried over? I won't believe you if you say you never have.

My guess is The Birdcage.

oh yeah, since netflix the amoutn of tv series i've actually watched has gone through the roof.

the only things I've actually watched in real time are the hbo series, like deadwood

I watched all of lost in like a month before the last season after never seeing before, and then watched weekly in the last season. It's so much better to fly through.. but it does make for some lost sleep if the series is good..

I was going to go through x-files like this.. but i never got into it..

so the two guys crying post mafia games, cry when lost ends ..makes sense..

I'll check it out BSG, would've thought it was just scifi cheese..

and fwiw, I'd didn't cry on that one, but I have been brought to tears by a few other things..

most recently was a Dear Zachery.. also available on Netflix instant.. a really good documentry.. if you're going to watch, just watch it.. don't read about if first, imo

If it's about a sick boy and his father no thanks.. feel terrible watching that stuff.

This x1000.

Netflix is how I've watched Mad Men, Sopranos, Deadwood, Weeds, Spartacus, BSG, most of Lost, some of Dexter, The Wire, etc.

My girl and I usually hunker down in the winter and just crank through a whole show in a month or so... It serves my impatience perfectly.

Did you start watching BSG when I mentioned it a couple weeks ago? If so how far in are you?

If it's about a sick boy and his father no thanks.. feel terrible watching that stuff.

nope..

and if you cried at lost, this will have you blubbering like a baby i bet.. very sad, but I'm glad I watched it..

alright Ape give it up.. what was the last movie/show you cried over? I won't believe you if you say you never have.

My guess is The Birdcage.

I'm just busting chops... I got misty when Cheers went off the air. I was too young to get it, but for some reason I did. I knew it was the end of a generational thing that might never be re-captured.

As for crying in movies... the last time was probably Marley & Me, and I always have a good pride cry at the end of Rudy. Yeah, Rudy.

:P

This x1000.

See i can't do the dvd ones, i'm not organized enough and i just end up looking for a torrent rather then waiting for a dvd to come.. if the series is good.. i was watching one of the law and orders and never made it through season 2

Did you start watching BSG when I mentioned it a couple weeks ago? If so how far in are you?

Nah, I work with a bunch of geeks - they recommended it to me months back. I watched season one. Then got into Spartacus blood and sand, and Weeds. I need to go back and keep watching.

I'm just busting chops... I got misty when Cheers went off the air. I was too young to get it, but for some reason I did. I knew it was the end of a generational thing that might never be re-captured.

As for crying in movies... the last time was probably Marley & Me, and I always have a good pride cry at the end of Rudy. Yeah, Rudy.

:P

what a skirt

Nah, I work with a bunch of geeks - they recommended it to me months back. I watched season one. Then got into Spartacus blood and sand, and Weeds. I need to go back and keep watching.

i'm actually gpoing to watch the new camelot just too see aas much of eva green's boobies as possible.. Man is she put together

That's how I was with Lost, first 3 seasons in one summer, then had to wait. Same thing happened with Mad Men, watched the first 2 seasons and now I'm waiting.

oh yeah, since netflix the amoutn of tv series i've actually watched has gone through the roof.

the only things I've actually watched in real time are the hbo series, like deadwood

I watched all of lost in like a month before the last season after never seeing before, and then watched weekly in the last season. It's so much better to fly through.. but it does make for some lost sleep if the series is good..

I was going to go through x-files like this.. but i never got into it..

My girl just suggested we do X-Files next, we got a few episodes in... I'm astonished at how much she likes it. She's not much for sci fi, but this she loves.

AVM... can we have strict deadlines in this game? The lulls in the last game were awful...

Yup. We are going strict deadlines. First day will be 60 hours or so. Every day and night will have deadlines in place, so the clock will be ticking from our opening posts each phase.

This. I think having Vic and I (one east coaster, one west coaster) will help out immensely as well. I'm even planning on waking up earlier for this ;) lol

We're going to be strict on deadlines, but knowing that going in should potentially help get things going a bit quicker.

Trying to think of when I've been emotional in a movie or show... The only one I can think of is the end of Friday Night Lights when Tim McGraw puts his own State Championship ring on his sons hand after they lost.

Also got kind of emotional reading Kiterunner.

Why are we talking about this again?

Trying to think of when I've been emotional in a movie or show... The only one I can think of is the end of Friday Night Lights when Tim McGraw puts his own State Championship ring on his sons hand after they lost.

Also got kind of emotional reading Kiterunner.

Why are we talking about this again?

yeah all seasons of FNL are on my queue and that was next.. thanks for ruining the ending bro.

i'm actually gpoing to watch the new camelot just too see aas much of eva green's boobies as possible.. Man is she put together

Yeah, I'm interested in that one too. Spartacus was bad a$$... and had great "percentages."

I told my girl this when she asked me why I liked the show so much. I said to her, the show has 100% good looking women in it, you get to see them 100% naked and 50% getting ****ed. Great percentages.

She gave me one of these: :rolleyes:

yeah all seasons of FNL are on my queue and that was next.. thanks for ruining the ending bro.

No, Brett is talking about the movie.

The series is totally different. I watched all the series, its total emo soap opera sh*t, but I got sucked in. Tim McGraw isn't in the show. But the guy who plays the coach is good... and his wife has an amazing rack... and all the young girls are ******* hot.

Good show, but very emo.

Yeah, I'm interested in that one too. Spartacus was bad a$$... and had great "percentages."

I told my girl this when she asked me why I liked the show so much. I said to her, the show has 100% good looking women in it, you get to see them 100% naked and 50% getting ****ed. Great percentages.

She gave me one of these: :rolleyes:

The first episode is available on demand.. i watched it, some great eva green nudity and some bad acting, also another blond chick that was pretty nice.... the guy playing the future king isn't really believable in that role.. looks very jiffy

JiF cried when they cancelled Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

He loved those dudes.

I've heard of this show. Its sad you knew it was cancelled.

I bet JIF has extra salty tears...

Wanna taste?

Jif is probably driven to tears deciding what blouse to wear to a meeting

Wanna see me in one?

JiF is like a real-life version of Jeff Winger from Community.

Vic knows me so well.

Archived