Pennington tears ACL in Basketball Game

MTJ06

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good aerobic excersize. How do you know he doesn't particpate in basketball games as part of his work out regime? It's not like he can work out with the Phins staff at the Phins facility...

Anyway, you are all mean. :P

I'm not mean...its sad to hear...but if I'm trying to make a comeback...hoops isnt how I'm trying. Way too easy to hurt an ankle or a knee.

Hoops is part of my work out regiment and its set me back twice with ankles injuries.

IMO, very stupid thing to be doing if you are old, fragile and trying to make an NFL roster. Especially during all this uncertainty.

way to talk about the winningest Jets QB since 2000

Chad Pennington .... 32-29 (plus 2-3 in the playoffs)

Vinny Testaverde ... 23-24 (0-1 in the playoffs)

Mark Sanchez ........ 19-12 (4-2 in the playoffs)

Brett Favre ........... 9-7

He was a pretty good player until his first shoulder injury.

Then, he was never the same.

I remember the beginning. The feeling of awesomeness that the Jets finally have their star qb for the next 15 years. And then the Gods looked down, laughed at me and said, "You silly little Jets fan, who do you think you're rooting for...HAHAHAHAHA *deep, echoing voice*".

Chad Pennington stole tens of millions of dollars and many years from this franchise. For that alone, I will laugh my a$$ off every time this nonsense happens. And I'm sorry, this "class act" nonsense is nothing but that, the guy is a douche. The sh*t he's pulled on any other QB he's shared a roster with is a joke and his selfishness and refusal to accept his weaknesses have continually hurt his teams.

way to talk about the winningest Jets QB since 2000

Chad Pennington .... 32-29 (plus 2-3 in the playoffs)

Vinny Testaverde ... 23-24 (0-1 in the playoffs)

Mark Sanchez ........ 19-12 (4-2 in the playoffs)

Brett Favre ........... 9-7

Sanchez and Favre both had a better win percentage. Chad just had significantly more chances to win games than any of them, thus the most wins.

Pop Quiz: Name the primary reason for all three of the Jets playoff losses with Chad Pennington as QB?

Meh... he had a good 12 game or so run in the 2002 regular season, that's it. He was exposed in the 2002 playoffs. His 2003 season after coming back from the wrist injury was pretty crappy, and his 2004 season decent but unremarkable prior to the injury.

Show of hands: how many of you people posted angered and impassioned diatribes screaming about how Pennington was better (and would always be better) than Brady back when they both started out? Hmmmmmmm?

/Looks around and raises hand slowly

//Quietly walks away from thread

At least it wasn't a torn rotator cuff. Remember when fin fans were calling for Henne's head and thought Pennington would do better?

That's logical thinking, wouldn't you say? What has Henne done? This seems to be one case where Dolphin fans were using their brains, if there is such a thing.

It wasn't until this thread that I realized the parallels between Pennington and Falcon63....

Both use their injuries as a crutch for why they couldn't reach their full potential as football players, when the reality is that lack of talent was the true reason.

It wasn't until this thread that I realized the parallels between Pennington and Falcon63....

Both use their injuries as a crutch for why they couldn't reach their full potential as football players, when the reality is that lack of talent was the true reason.

:rl:

Sucks for Chad. But why should we care, he's the Dolphins QB.

This is bad news to hear. Chad Pennington is a decent person who doesnt deserve this I wish him well. I met him numerous times and have pictures and autographs and his authentic jersey (real deal). Get Well Soon Chadwick.

guess_who.jpg

You'd have to think Chad is the single most irritating pickup player in the history of the universe.

He probably hits some open jumpers over weaker players and minimizes the turnovers, to make you think he's a solid guy to have on the team. But after a while, when opponents decide to play trap defense to force him to give the ball away, he misses nearly every contested 3, and he constantly barks at his teammates to "call out the screens", you start to hope that when everyone asks him if he's "running it back" that he'll decide his knees are bothering him and he has to get up early the next morning.

I know the type.

He probably hits some open jumpers over weaker players and minimizes the turnovers, to make you think he's a solid guy to have on the team. But after a while, when opponents decide to play trap defense to force him to give the ball away, he misses nearly every contested 3, and he constantly barks at his teammates to "call out the screens", you start to hope that when everyone asks him if he's "running it back" that he'll decide his knees are bothering him and he has to get up early the next morning.

I know the type.

You forgot to add anytime he'd get near the basket and an opposing player came within 2 ft of him it was an automatic "I got it"

I'll never understand the hate that some Jet fans on this board have for Chad Pennington.

The guy was nothing but the epitome of perseverance and class when he was a member of this team and while he had his physical flaws, he was still one of the more successful QB's we've ever had.

As a reward, the Jets organization shamelessly kicked him to the curb like yesterday's garbage in favor of a washed up primadonna and Jet fan's continually dump on him just because he's tried to keep earning a living doing something he obviously still has a passion for.

I just don't get it.

I wish him well.

As a reward, the Jets organization shamelessly kicked him to the curb like yesterday's garbage in favor of a washed up primadonna and Jet fan's continually dump on him just because he's tried to keep earning a living doing something he obviously still has a passion for.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! (pause, catches breath) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

This organization gave him a $64 million dollar deal with a $23 million signing bonus, all to a QB who can't throw a 15-yard out route and now refuses to accept a backup role.

I repeat. He got 23 million dollars for signing a document. 23 million!

That isn't the kind of money a "guy just trying to make a dollar" make. That's the kind of money Peyton Manning or Tom Brady get, guys who have actually, you know, led their teams to championships and play at the highest level of the game. He should be sucking Terry Bradway and Woody Johnsons' cock right about now rather than playing pickup basketball.

I wish someone would give me that kind of money and kick me to the curb after underperforming, cutting me in favor of a FUTURE HALL OF FAMER.

Holy crap man get off your knees about this guy. He tore his ACL when he wasn't even playing the sport he used to get paid for. Boo-f***ing-hoo, I have zero sympathy.

I'll never understand the hate that some Jet fans on this board have for Chad Pennington.

Chad epitomized the Island of Misfit Toys-like miasma that surrounded the Jets during the Herm Edwards Era. We had a coach who couldn't coach, a Hall of Fame running back who couldn't run, and a QB who couldn't throw. That they were all scrappy overachievers doesn't change the fact that we, as Jets fans, were stuck with them all for a decade while better players were winning Super Bowls for other franchises.

The one question that you have to ask about your QB is, can he win a Super Bowl for you? After Chad's second shoulder injury, it was painfully obvious he was never going to be able to.

For all his wild and weird play on the field, Sanchez has at least shown he can take this team into any game, anywhere, and win that game. Chad? Not so much.

I know the type.

LOL. "Yo, I don't know why you guys are looking at me. I completed, like, 70% of my post feeds."

Unless Chad Pennington had Woody Johnson's family tied up and taken hostage, he is not to blame for the $64million contract.

His agent will get him what he can, he did. End of story. Blame the Jets for being dumb enough to agree to such a stupid deal.

Post of the Decade! :rl:

Archived