Pujols outpolls Jones for NL MVP Award

TaborJet

Pujols outpolls Jones for NL MVP Award

Albert Pujols won his first National League MVP award, beating Andruw Jones in a close vote Tuesday.

The St. Louis Cardinals first baseman received 18 first-place votes and 14 seconds for 378 points in balloting by the Baseball Writers

Tough to go against Puljois, although Jones had a season that made him a worthy candidate. His HR bat, and gold glove defense made him a worthy candidate.

D. Lee also was a note-worthy candidate. The guy was a triple crown threat for 2/3 of the year.

Can I PLEASE get a list of the MORONS who vote for these awards????

Street over Cano??

Pujols over Jones??

Colon over Rivera??

Carpenter over Clemens??

Voting this year is the worst I have ever seen. Complete dooshebags voting for these awards or something?

Can I PLEASE get a list of the MORONS who vote for these awards????

Street over Cano??

Pujols over Jones??

Colon over Rivera??

Carpenter over Clemens??

Voting this year is the worst I have ever seen. Complete dooshebags voting for these awards or something?

Except for the Rivera one, I can see the other votes just as they are. Puljois had a superb season, and he had more pressure on him, with Rolen out for most of the season, and Sanders and Walker missing chunks of time. Jones was fabulous, but there is no wrong here.

Street over Cano was also fair, although I would also have given it to Cano. But Street was super, once Dotel got hurt and he took over the closers role. Cano missing the first 5 weeks or so did not hurt him. Rather, it was that there was an excellent rookie class in the AL (Street's own teammate - Blanton, as well as Gomes and the 2B on the Chi-Sox, and others). So, Street probably stood out from others more then Cano did. No big deal here.

Carpenter over Clemens? The argument would make more sense if you had said Carpenter over Willis. But Clemens was no better then 3rd best of the NL pitchers. And many opponents will tell you that the key guys on Houston were Oswalt and Petitte, withh Clemens rated only #3, in spite of his stats.

Rivera should have won it over Colon. Or Santana.

Street deserved it over Cano. Street was amazing, whereas Cano was only good.

Carpenter over Clemens is a joke. What didn't Clemens do better than Carpenter? Did he not motivate his hitters enough to score runs for him?

Pujols, Jones, and Lee all had great cases. Lee was the best player, so I'd be inclined to give it to him, Pujols a close 2nd, Jones a close 3rd.

Archived