~~~Season Ticket Money~~~

Brenjetsfan

I didn't pay yet. I went to do it last night shortly after midnight and it said my account was locked out. I freaked out thinking they froze it but it was just a password issue. Got a call this morning with the password, I told them I would process it today.

Are most people not paying?

I didn't pay yet. I went to do it last night shortly after midnight and it said my account was locked out. I freaked out thinking they froze it but it was just a password issue. Got a call this morning with the password, I told them I would process it today.

Are most people not paying?

The ones I spoke with are NOT ..just gonna hit the stadium up for a few home games and hit DC Philly Baltimore n Miami~~~

We have 6 tickets between 3 guys. We have tried to have them split up since they are all in 1 account. It will take at least until May. Also, bizzarely, if we want to give the tickets up, we are screwed because we have signed a real and legally binding multiyear contract for the PSL payments. If we tried, the Jets are so hard up they will take us to court or send a collection agency after us rather than simply sell them to someone else. There is no market for these tickets at these prices except game to game(the Pats and Giants are probably well above face looking forward to this season), and shouild we get into the playoffs. The word is out; this stadium is an overpriced sh*thole, and much more of a hassle than your couch or the local gin mill.We weren't to do it, but inquired about the process of cancelling the account.

Again-one of us considered dumping them, and merely asked.We are keeping the tickets. We understand perfectly that we are getting fleeced to root for this team we lvoe. We accpet that. Yet it was pretty shocking to see in real cold terms that this stadium is a complete debacle for this franchise.

Why wouldn't you pay? Were you not planning on paying this year before the lockout? How has the lockout changed anything? We all know it is just a game of chicken no way they all give up the golden goose.

I paid my 50%, but was not invoiced for my yearly PSL payment, but I think that happens later in the summer?

I did the same. Paid 50% on March 31st prior to "deadline" and then the remainder to be billed August 1st, 2011 - my understanding is if the lockout goes past August 1st, 2011 the Jets will "process" the balance when an agreement is reached/training camp begins.

As for the contractually obligated annual PSL payment, if you were an original PSL-er (didn't switch after price reductions) then the Jets did you the "favor" of postponing your PSL payment from May 2011 to November 2011 when all the new "upgraders to PSLs" will have their payments due; it was a way to quiet down & "reward" the fans who ponied up for PSLs from the get go.

The "Sports Bubble" is bursting......just like the IPO bubble, and the tech bubble, the music bubble, and the real estate bubble......prices for tickets has gone up while price of technology (HDTV, Direct TV, Tivo) has gone down.

Also, as a teenager growing up in the glory years of the Knicks and Yankees (1990's), i remember the big draw to season tickets being the fact that you would get all the playoff games.......buy the season tix and you were guaranteed the bulls, heat, mets subway series, world series ect. Well that works well in baseball, hockey, and basketball but not so well in football. In football, even if you go go 12-4 in the regular season you can wind up with only 1 home playoff game.....annd dont get me started on the fact that as a season ticket holder if your team makes it to the championship you are just another one of the unwashed masses without a ticket.

Football is the one sport that never made sense to have season tix....especially now with the PSL.....what are you gaining as a season ticket holder?? No multiple playoff series that you could actually sell a game a round for (unlike the knicks and yanks where you could sell 1 game out of 4 per round and basically pay for your tix).......On a random sunday, The tickets on gameday are going for less in the lot than what is printed on the ticket....NO chance of ever getting a Super Bowl ticket unlike baseball ofr basketball.

At the end of the day, anyone who bought a PSL couldve went to every single Jet home game and every single jet away and playoff game for the same price.....especially next year when 80% of the game are within a 4 hour drive

On a side note......i have a group of friends that have been going to Jets games since we were in high school......We wouldve killed someone in 1995 to skip the waiting list and get season tix, it was our dream.....We are all a lil older and got season tix in the new stadium sitting all together basicly......Most of these guys would give back the tix and PSl's if they could.....its just not worth it to buy the season tix, its better to buy game by game

Archived