Sign in to follow this  
visajets

Same old Mets

Why do the mets have to compare themselves to the yankees all the time? The last time I checked they aren't in the same division...

Dickey>>>>Hughes

yep.. sickening display.. onward....

I hate David Wright so much.

why... oh and his face looks like Mr Met..

His nuts shrink up when the going gets tough. You can almost predict the strikeouts before they happen now. He's a nice guy and a good player, but he'd be better off as the third-best player on some team in the AL. He's miscast as the face of this organization. He doesn't have the spine for it.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this is going to be a very long season for the Mets. Anyone else getting that vibe? Contrarian, I know.

• Upvote 1

Nah man, we'll pull out the Wild Card. Ike Davis baby. Ike Davis.

All that's left is the fire sale, brother. Reyes, gone. Beltran, gone. And for little to no return. Kill me now.

It might be a long year at Shea.....yeah, I said Shea because it feels like the old days again

Phil Hughes, steroid washout. So there.

Hughes just sucked period. Mental midget California kid that had average stuff from the get go. He was never the same after the freakin hammy injury while he was pitching the no-no.

There have been a lot of dudes in MLB over the last two seasons that mysteriously lost 5 MPH on their heater or who went from having upper deck power to barely having warning track power. I'm goofing around about Hughes, but, damn, he looks like one of those guys. Hell, David Wright looks like one of those guys.

Edited by T0mShane

Could be. BTW, what the hell is Tulowitzki taking and when will he be a Yankee?

The enchanted blood of infants. 2012, in a trade for Brett Gardner and Montero.

He was 94-96 all year last season and he's 89-91 now. Huge difference. Nice that we have you to tell us that a guy who won 18 games last year with good peripherals "sucks" because he's hurt or going through a dead arm period.

Dude, everyone affiliated with the Yankees, including Hughes, is saying that he's not injured. Also, my dick could win 18 games pitching for the Yankees.

T0m's dick for #3 starter! Is it a money pitcher or will it choke in the playoffs?

T0m's dick! He's got the velocity, but does he have the staying power?

are you a lefty or righty?

Righty, and my penile velocity is legendary. I can't even tell you how many times it's already thrown off the rubber.

If Tom's dick gets the run support AJ Burnett has gotten so far, the dick is a lock for 15 wins.It's how Hughes got 18 last year.

Damn straight. And it wouldn't be the first time I've used eight other guys to rally around my penis.

• Upvote 1

Chris Young to the DL. Couldn't see that coming. Never fear, though--the Bernie Madoff situation will have no impact on the payroll. None. Nada. Jeffy said so himself. A trade for King Felix is right around the corner.

If the mets lose tomorrow Mike Francesa is gonna be priceless on Monday morning.

He already torched them on Friday, I believe. He didn't get himself up to a Level Ten meltdown, but he got up to a solid 6 or 7. Great stuff, really. I can't wait for his Terry Collins welcome-to-NY interview this week where Francesa belittles him and tries to make him cry. If Collins is smart, he should call Joe Torre for tips on getting through a WFAN shred-fest. I never understand why coaches agree to do those things in the first place.

As for the Mets, I hope they lose 120 games this year and a federal mediator forces the Wilpons to dissolve their empire, and whatever nitwit ends up investing $300 mil into this franchise ends up getting back 20 cents on the dollar. My hope is that they trade Reyes and Johan Santana to the Red Sox for prospects, so Mets fans can at least give the big FU to the Yankees on our way down the drain. Santana deserves better than to be stuck with these losers.

Also, f*ck David Wright. I've watched pitchers have mentally tougher at-bats in late-game situations than Wright throws up. There's alot of Danny Tartabull in David Wright.

• Upvote 1

Tommy Hansen has struck out eight Mets through four innings, putting him on pace for 18 strikeouts. Brilliant Mets hitting on full display.

Only one strikeout for Wright tonight. Sure, he was 0 for 4, but that might be his best game of the year at the plate.

Big Dave, 0 for 3 with two K's tonight. Now that's a guy who knows how to carry a ballclub.

Six in a row for the Amazin's.

Looks like it's going to be a carbon copy of last year, except the Wilpons aren't even going to pretend that they'll spend money at the deadline this year.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company