Interesting Stat

CrazyCarl40

The 1998 Yankees started the season 0-3. Most of you know what happened after that. I am not comparing the 2011 Red Sox to the 1998 Yankees. The Sox won't come near 114 wins. Two different teams and different time frames.

Just saying stranger things have happened.

The 1998 Yankees started the season 0-3. Most of you know what happened after that. I am not comparing the 2011 Red Sox to the 1998 Yankees. The Sox won't come near 114 wins. Two different teams and different time frames.

Yeah you are, be honest. :D

If you look around balls were flying out of alot of ballparks this weekend. Makes you wonder if the balls have a little extra "jump" to them.

If you look around balls were flying out of alot of ballparks this weekend. Makes you wonder if the balls have a little extra "jump" to them.

Please don't say that. My hope is that the braintrust of baseball does not feel that is necessary again.

Anyone that draws far ranging conclusions from the first 3 games of the year is only wishing.

The 1998 Yankees had this thing called a bullpen. Relief pitchers came into games and retired batters on a consistent basis. Of course, with the greatest assemblage of baseball talent in history before us in the old glorious Fenway, this is a mere bag of shells.

159-3 I tell you!

The 1998 Yankees had this thing called a bullpen. Relief pitchers came into games and retired batters on a consistent basis. Of course, with the greatest assemblage of baseball talent in history before us in the old glorious Fenway, this is a mere bag of shells.

159-3 I tell you!

You keep spouting the same stuff, but you're the only one saying it. No one here said it would be the greastest team ever. A few writers and maybe some other fans did, but no one here. No one on the Red Sox was spouting this either. Get a new schtick.

Please don't say that. My hope is that the braintrust of baseball does not feel that is necessary again.

Anyone that draws far ranging conclusions from the first 3 games of the year is only wishing.

114 Home Runs over the first week.

I think it is just something to keep an eye on.

you don't see anyone comparing the Jets to the '72 dolphins

******* retarded comparison

Again, if you had any reading comprehension skills you would understand the intention of the post. I wasn't comparing the two teams. All I was implying, is that it has happened before. 3rd graders would be able to understand what I said better than you have, apparently.

Again, if you had any reading comprehension skills you would understand the intention of the post. I wasn't comparing the two teams. All I was implying, is that it has happened before. 3rd graders would be able to understand what I said better than you have, apparently.

Let me get this straight: you're not comparing the 2011 Red Sox to the 1998 Yankees but you felt the need to start a thread with the following:

If you don't think this Sox team is capable of duplicating what the 1998 Yankees did then why even start this thread?

Carl, several teams start 0-3 every year. The overwhelming majority of them do not go on to won 114 games. The only reason to start a thread by making that statement is if you believe the team in question is capable of doing it.

Let me get this straight: you're not comparing the 2011 Red Sox to the 1998 Yankees but you felt the need to start a thread with the following:

If you don't think this Sox team is capable of duplicating what the 1998 Yankees did then why even start this thread?

Carl, several teams start 0-3 every year. The overwhelming majority of them do not go on to won 114 games. The only reason to start a thread by making that statement is if you believe the team in question is capable of doing it.

I don't think the Red Sox are capable of 114 wins. I never even came close to saying that. The 1998 Yankees won the World Series. All I was saying was it was possible for a team to start 0-3 and still win the World Series. I believe the Sox are more than capable of winning it all. Counting the Sox out because of a bad weekend in Texas (where they have been horrible over the last few years) would be silly.

I don't think the Red Sox are capable of 114 wins. I never even came close to saying that. The 1998 Yankees won the World Series. All I was saying was it was possible for a team to start 0-3 and still win the World Series. I believe the Sox are more than capable of winning it all. Counting the Sox out because of a bad weekend in Texas (where they have been horrible over the last few years) would be silly.

Except no one was counting them out. YOU started the thread. :face:

Except no one was counting them out. YOU started the thread. :face:

You yourself said they wouldn't make the playoffs. Stop slapping yourself. There are plenty of those who are counting them out. Just read the other threads. Or think of it as a preemptive strike.

You yourself said they wouldn't make the playoffs. Stop slapping yourself. There are plenty of those who are counting them out. Just read the other threads. Or think of it as a preemptive strike.

I know you have your panties in a bunch after the Rangers kicked your a$$ all over Arlington however you have the awful Indians coming up. The greatest team of all time should be able to take care of that easily right?

EEMD3.png

I know you have your panties in a bunch after the Rangers kicked your a$$ all over Arlington however you have the awful Indians coming up. The greatest team of all time should be able to take care of that easily right?

They had better because no team has ever gone to the world series after starting a season 0-4.

Yeah, and I said that BEFORE the season started. I wasn't basing my prediction on the Sox' first three games. Their first three games merely justified my prediction.

Archived