Whats up with the Yankee Stadium attendance?

Matt39

The newness of Stadium is pretty much gone. Tickets are way overpriced and it is still very early. Kids are not out of school yet.

It was something though that I took note of.

Same thing is happening in Wrigley. I think they had something like 28,000 the other day.

The Market for Tickets is completely broken. There are tickets on stub hub before every game for under a friggin dollar. And you can pretty much sit anywhere for a 40% or better markdown.

It's pretty sick. You can go on StubHub and get great seats down the lines for $25. And that's at Yankee Stadium AND CitiField. Bleachers for under a dollar.

What have the attendance #s been like?

Each game has been around 40-41 thousand. I am not sure though if that is tickets sold or actual amount of people in the ballpark ?

The ballpark sure did seem pretty empty, or at least not the usual sellouts every night that we have been accustomed to seeing going to back to the old ballpark.

Each game has been around 40-41 thousand. I am not sure though if that is tickets sold or actual amount of people in the ballpark ?

The ballpark sure did seem pretty empty, or at least not the usual sellouts every night that we have been accustomed to seeing going to back to the old ballpark.

Attendance reported is for TICKETS SOLD, not actual people through the turnstiles.

For a while, NL reported turnstile numbers, but have since moved away from that.

What games were you watching?

The attendance was around 9,000 last night and it's even worse at today's game. I would guess there are maybe 7,000 people in the stands.

ESPN lists attendance on the "see full schedule" page for teams... I think you are about right... yikes...

Boston will be empty by the time the Yanks are gunning to make the Sox 0-9

What games were you watching?

Before they left the old stadium they averaging over 50,000 a game from 2005-2008.

They are down to 40,000 already and looking at the stadium Tuesday night it looked alot less than 40,000.

High Ticket prices, (and yes everyone knows you can get seats on Stubhub), school still in session and the novelty of seeing a new stadium are probably the main reasons why attendance is down right now.

Before they left the old stadium they averaging over 50,000 a game from 2005-2008.

They are down to 40,000 already and looking at the stadium Tuesday night it looked alot less than 40,000.

High Ticket prices, (and yes everyone knows you can get seats on Stubhub), school still in session and the novelty of seeing a new stadium are probably the main reasons why attendance is down right now.

Weeknight games until Memorial Day unless it's the Sawx are alwsys going to be a hard sell. Harder still if the Knicks and Rangers make the playoffs. Though the Rangers are doing their level best to avoid those conflicts by screwing themselves out of a playoff berth.

It's pretty sick. You can go on StubHub and get great seats down the lines for $25. And that's at Yankee Stadium AND CitiField. Bleachers for under a dollar.

Are you talking like same day tickets?

I want to buy my son tickets for his birthday. But I have to take him on a Sunday because he has baseball every other day of the week. I looked at they were still pretty expensive...

You are a bad poster who does not have any value to the board and all you do is say moronic things. Who are you a relative to, in order to be a mod?

I hadn't seen this post, thanks for pointing it out yesterday. Good seeing you.

Archived