Hockey Playoffs

CrazyCarl40

Canucks scare the sh!t out of everybody in this city and survive epic meltdown.

Will that make them stronger or are they just not that good?

They're fine. The Hawks were a little better than their record and after the last two seasons got in Luongo's head. That finish couldn't have been any better, btw. A small glimmer of hope for all the morons around here who've spent the last week carping about Chicago toughness and the heart of a champion--and then the door slams shut.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We may also be adding the annual San Jose Sharks dive to the list shortly.

Unreal that they have blown a 3-0 lead already. It will not suprise me in the least if they tank (pardon the pun)game 7.

Most people here wanted to face Detroit.

San Jose scares them.

Should be great series.

Nucks facing Niemi again.

Most people here wanted to face Detroit.

San Jose scares them.

Should be great series.

Nucks facing Niemi again.

Versus is most likely cursing the matchups they have gotten for ratings and interest

• 2 weeks later...

Canucks make finals for 3rd time in their 40 year history. No wins yet, maybe this time.

People here hoping for Boston so that an original 6 team is in it.

Anybody in the U.S. still watching this?

Always follow hockey here

Vancouver against Boston

When was the last time a team in Canada won the cup- drought for you Canadians

Always follow hockey here

Vancouver against Boston

When was the last time a team in Canada won the cup- drought for you Canadians

Been a while, Montreal in 93.

If Boston makes it, you'll probably see this country torn in who they're hoping for. A lot of long time Boston fans in the east, especially in the Maritime provinces.

I'm still watching. F the NBA. :)

It looks like it is going to be Vancouver's year finally. San Jose came up against a better team this time around.

I really want Tampa to beat the Bruins. I don't care if they beat them 1-0 or 987452-3 just beat them.

F Boston !!!!!!!!!!

I've been half-watching. Playoff hockey can be exciting and Boston is in the mix. But, jeebers, does it make me miss football! Hockey seems like a bunch of turnovers, intercepted passes, messed up play execution, and when all else fails, dirty play. The athleticism it takes to play hockey does not go unapprecaited by me, but man, I can see why it's the least popular of the major sports.

Canucks in 6.

Both previous times the Canuckleheads got this far they lost to NY teams-the Isles and the Rangers.

Yep. Swept by the Islanders and riot like a bunch of sore losers after the Rangers win.

Not a good track record.

I am by no means a Hockey fan, but I have been watching and cheering for my hometown. I, for the life of me, have no idea why any American would root for Vancouver. This is USA v Canada. I would never, ever, root for Canada against an American team. The Jets could be a hockey team and they could be playing a Canadian team and I'd root for the Jets. Sure, the puke bucket would have to be nearby, but it's the USA people. Yeesh.

I am by no means a Hockey fan, but I have been watching and cheering for my hometown. I, for the life of me, have no idea why any American would root for Vancouver. This is USA v Canada. I would never, ever, root for Canada against an American team. The Jets could be a hockey team and they could be playing a Canadian team and I'd root for the Jets. Sure, the puke bucket would have to be nearby, but it's the USA people. Yeesh.

People's hatred of all that is Boston sports trumps the faux nationalism you are trying to promote.

I mean, the team is from Vancouver, not freaking Kabul, Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

People's hatred of all that is Boston sports trumps the faux nationalism you are trying to promote.

I mean, the team is from Vancouver, not freaking Kabul, Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Sorry, it's Un-American. Patriotism should trump all. I understand that NY Sports fans hate Boston and vice versa. But this is different. It's Canada. They beat the US in the Olympics. Now people are cheering for another victory? It's messed up. Un-American!

Sorry, it's Un-American. Patriotism should trump all. I understand that NY Sports fans hate Boston and vice versa. But this is different. It's Canada. They beat the US in the Olympics. Now people are cheering for another victory? It's messed up. Un-American!

Yes, Canada, the longtime oppressor of America.

Comparing national teams playing in the Olympics to a matchup between professional sports franchises is asinine, especially considering that of the top-5 regular season point leaders on each team, Vancouver boasts three Swedes, a German, and an American while Boston's tops are a Czech and four Canadians. The Bruins top defensemen are a Czech and a Slovak. Hell, I think the only American on Boston's playoff roster is Tim Thomas.

I'm rooting for Vancouver and native NY'er Chris Higgins. How's that for patriotism?

Yes, Canada, the longtime oppressor of America.

Comparing national teams playing in the Olympics to a matchup between professional sports franchises is asinine, especially considering that of the top-5 regular season point leaders on each team, Vancouver boasts three Swedes, a German, and an American while Boston's tops are a Czech and four Canadians. The Bruins top defensemen are a Czech and a Slovak. Hell, I think the only American on Boston's playoff roster is Tim Thomas.

I'm rooting for Vancouver and native NY'er Chris Higgins. How's that for patriotism?

As stated, I am not a real hockey fan. I am as band-wagon as they come regarding hockey. 1) it's a bunch of turn-overs, intercepted passes and 2) most of the players are from anywhere but the US.

However, you want to cheer for a team who's national athem is Canadian, go for it. I find it Un-American.

As stated, I am not a real hockey fan.

Well, it's a good thing that lack of knowledge on a particular subject never keeps you from offering your opinion.

However, you want to cheer for a team who's national athem is Canadian, go for it. I find it Un-American.

If rooting against a team that consists of a solitary American player makes me un-American simply because their home arena is on U.S. soil, so be it.

PS - I drive a foreign car and work for a company whose headquarters are in Europe. Just figured I'd add some more fuel for some good old fashioned McCarthyism.

Well, it's a good thing that lack of knowledge on a particular subject never keeps you from offering your opinion.

If rooting against a team that consists of a solitary American player makes me un-American simply because their home arena is on U.S. soil, so be it.

PS - I drive a foreign car and work for a company whose headquarters are in Europe. Just figured I'd add some more fuel for some good old fashioned McCarthyism.

You know me well! LOL!!!

Yah for McCarthysim! Boo for me though. I drive a Honda :(

:D

Lol, exactly. If all the players on Vancouver were Canadian, maybe you'd have a point. Otherwise, it's just like any other business. I'll support the Vancouver product because I like it better than the Boston product.

What the hell is Luongo doing ?

See ya for game 7.

He's riding the bench now.

Canucks getting outplayed everywhere in 1st period of game 6

4-0?????

If they think they can simply come home for game 7 and win at home...

Think again

Every win here has been by 1 goal, some may call that lucky.

Archived