Hockey Playoffs

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm, Go Bruins? Regardless of what Garb says the City is pumped and jacked* about the Bruins. Never, ever underestimate the love of hockey in this town.

*I'm channeling my inner Pete Carroll.

Yeah Gainzo.

I have a good friend in Boston.

She tells me it's very big there today.

Kinda big here too.

Good luck.

So how many people died in Vancouver last night? I thought Canadien's were happy people?

The post game stuff was utter garbage. I'm at a loss to explain something I don't understand. Watching it happen was surreal. Sleepy little Vancouver is full of assholes.

The post game stuff was utter garbage. I'm at a loss to explain something I don't understand. Watching it happen was surreal. Sleepy little Vancouver is full of assholes.

What is the story with certain Vancouver people- riot in the streets. I always thought Canadians would not do things like that

It happened in 94 too I believe.

Yes it did.

Some people last night were chanting "Riot 94" as if they were supporting some kind of f***ed up cause.

These 20-25 year old males must have been pretty young then. Looking down on the streets and seeing this hatred combined with the high energy they had was crazy. Lined up and facing them the riot cops were shooting smoke canisters at them, the guys were kicking them back at the cops who kicked them back at the guys. Almost funny in a twisted way. But nothing's funny about these guys. Pretty sure the same would have happened regardless of the games outcome.

Funny picture!!

This city is getting dumped on from everywhere, especially other Cdn cities. Bring it on, It's deserved.

Side note - I hear Canuck 10 mil a year goalie Luongo has worst goals against average in finals history

Funny picture!!

This city is getting dumped on from everywhere, especially other Cdn cities. Bring it on, It's deserved.

How you holding up bro? as I remember, your place is right in the middle of the action.

How you holding up bro? as I remember, your place is right in the middle of the action.

Thanks man. All good except the rep damage to this place.

Saw some stuff from my windows I had difficulty believing were happening.

Today after cleanup, re-glassing storefronts, removing burned cars, street washing, arresting assholes,etc... all seemingly back to normal.

This series was unbelievable. I went from completely supporting the Canucks to actively rooting for a team from Boston. I guess that's what happens when your team's two best players consistently take it on the chin and refuse to retaliate--leaving it to other players to retaliate, usually from cheap shots. That pansy a$$ style of hockey lost them the series because they absolutely refused to counter Boston's physicality. Daniel and Henrik's constant pandering to the refs and taking stupid penalties didn't help matters much.

The chosen refs for game 7 gave the Bruins a huge advantage--they don't call many penalties (which I love), and the Canucks refused to man up.

Thanks man. All good except the rep damage to this place.

Saw some stuff from my windows I had difficulty believing were happening.

Today after cleanup, re-glassing storefronts, removing burned cars, street washing, arresting assholes,etc... all seemingly back to normal.

Good to hear that my favourite Canadian poster is OK. I've been to Vancouver and it is a great City. Too bad a few hundred idiots and 18-19 year old drunken clowns joined in on that.

Good to hear that my favourite Canadian poster is OK. I've been to Vancouver and it is a great City. Too bad a few hundred idiots and 18-19 year old drunken clowns joined in on that.

I preferred the police chief or whatever's explanation: they were all a bunch of "criminals and anarchists". He should've been born in 19th century Russia.

Archived