Knicks vs Celtics playoff series thread

Blackout

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:fish: Hooked me a marlin!!!

Can you read kid? Where did I make any excuses? I said the Celtics SUCK!!!

You said if Amare plays 20 minutes Friday, the Knicks will win by 20. You were implying that they Knicks only lost because Amare got hurt, which is an excuse.

:fish:

You said if Amare plays 20 minutes Friday, the Knicks will win by 20. You were implying that they Knicks only lost because Amare got hurt, which is an excuse.

:fish:

That's not an excuse, that's reality. The big, bad Celtics barely beat a Knicks team at home when the Knicks were missing Amare Stoudamire. If that's the case, I'd recommend not laying any coin on the Celtics Friday night son.

Carmelo Anthony almost beat the Celtics by himself - FACT.

I had very little respect for this group of Celtics before this series started and I have even less now. They knicks have completely outplayed them for the vast portion of this series despite being badly outmanned and the only reason they are even in these games is the refs doing their best to keep them in games with absurd calls. The Celtics are the welfare case of the NBA.

The utter sack of sh*t wearing Celtics jerseys needed every handout from the refs to beat Melo and a team of D-leaguers. What a god awful joke of a team the celtics are. They will be lucky if they win one game the series after the scum refs hand them this one.

Name one single bad call that had any outcome on today's game? Lol, you're ridiculous...

That's not an excuse, that's reality. The big, bad Celtics barely beat a Knicks team at home when the Knicks were missing Amare Stoudamire. If that's the case, I'd recommend not laying any coin on the Celtics Friday night son.

Carmelo Anthony almost beat the Celtics by himself - FACT.

Almost doesn't count. Talk is cheap.

The knicks have zero good role players on their roster other than fields right now and he's doing nothing in this series and they have STILL outplayed the old pathetic welfare case Celtics and would be up 2-0 if the NBA wasn't fixed.

If they outplayed Boston, they wouldn't be down 2-0. You're a horrible loser, seriously. You're ignorant as hell.

If they outplayed Boston, they wouldn't be down 2-0. You're a horrible loser, seriously. You're ignorant as hell.

You're a blind homer who is too much of a bind fan to see whats going out. Your team is a pathetic welfare case and is going NOWHERE with no future whatsoever even if you win this series. All your young players are utter crap and your window is over.

You're a blind homer who is too much of a bind fan to see whats going out. Your team is a pathetic welfare case and is going NOWHERE with no future whatsoever even if you win this series. All your young players are utter crap and your window is over.

Yes, because having a stud 25-year-old PG who is already the best playmaker in the league and a good young SF with good offense and solid defense, and a big young PF who can move well and make any mid-range jumpshot is "utter crap". You're just a jealous fan who hates the Celtics because they're good. There are some pretty bad homers on every messageboard, but you have shown these last few days to be one of the worst out there. Also, learn to spell.

Yes, because having a stud 25-year-old PG who is already the best playmaker in the league and a good young SF with good offense and solid defense, and a big young PF who can move well and make any mid-range jumpshot is "utter crap". You're just a jealous fan who hates the Celtics because they're good. There are some pretty bad homers on every messageboard, but you have shown these last few days to be one of the worst out there. Also, learn to spell.

LMAO nothing says "best play maker in the league" like teams playing off you like at the top of the key because your jumper is a laughingstock... I hate the Celtics because they are a old awful team who have to rely on refs to win games because they can't win on their own merit. I'm going to enjoy their next series very much since even the mediocre knicks are badly outplaying them. Nothing is more pathetic than a team winning because they are being handed games not because they are any good and the Celtics are just utter crap. Even your friggin coach says the Knicks were the better team tonight and they were lucky to win.

LMAO nothing says "best play maker in the league" like teams playing off you like at the top of the key because your jumper is a laughingstock... I hate the Celtics because they are a old awful team who have to rely on refs to win games because they can't win on their own merit. I'm going to enjoy their next series very much since even the mediocre knicks are badly outplaying them.

Playmaker does not = scorer...I seriously can't even fathom how many times you must've been dropped on your head as a kid. If the Celtics are old and awful, then I guess the Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs are old and awful as well? I can tell you definitely have never played a minute of organized sports if you think coming within 4 points of a 2nd championship within 4 years is "old and awful".

Playmaker does not = scorer...I seriously can't even fathom how many times you must've been dropped on your head as a kid. If the Celtics are old and awful, then I guess the Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs are old and awful as well? I can tell you definitely have never played a minute of organized sports if you think coming within 4 points of a 2nd championship within 4 years is "old and awful".

It's gonna be so awesome around here when your garbage team gets blown off the court by the next healthy team they play.

I had very little respect for this group of Celtics before this series started and I have even less now. They knicks have completely outplayed them for the vast portion of this series despite being badly outmanned and the only reason they are even in these games is the refs doing their best to keep them in games with absurd calls. The Celtics are the welfare case of the NBA.

I'm pretty sure that David Stern would sell a testicle of his for the Knicks to make the NBA finals

Boston is a deeper team, more tested team, and far better coached team. Melo made the absolute right play at the end by finding Jeffries down low. But the guy has hands of stone and the athleticism of a pet rock. Almost anyone in the NBA that is on the floor in that situation catches, elevates, and throws the ball up with a good chance to make a point blank shot. JJ goes low and tries to pass the ball after the defense recovers. Even if Garnett doesnt take it away the pass would have gone nowhere. And to not foul with 4.1 left is inexcusable. Coaches dont do a ton in the NBA, but that is one thing they have to do and he did not tell his team to foul immediately. Celtics press up 3 with 0.6 and the Knicks are ready to give up at 4.1. Thats your big difference and why the coach will get canned halfway thru next season.

Boston is a deeper team, more tested team, and far better coached team. Melo made the absolute right play at the end by finding Jeffries down low. But the guy has hands of stone and the athleticism of a pet rock. Almost anyone in the NBA that is on the floor in that situation catches, elevates, and throws the ball up with a good chance to make a point blank shot. JJ goes low and tries to pass the ball after the defense recovers. Even if Garnett doesnt take it away the pass would have gone nowhere. And to not foul with 4.1 left is inexcusable. Coaches dont do a ton in the NBA, but that is one thing they have to do and he did not tell his team to foul immediately. Celtics press up 3 with 0.6 and the Knicks are ready to give up at 4.1. Thats your big difference and why the coach will get canned halfway thru next season.

I don't even think it'll take that long. It's clear that Dolan has zero intention on bringing Donnie Walsh back, and it's hard to imagine that D'Antoni would want any part of a regime that includes the inevitable return of Isiah. It really looks like D'Antoni is champing at the bit to take his Don Nelson/Larry Brown payout and bail. Dolan essentially took Walsh's rebuilding plan and threw it in the toilet by sticking his nose in on the Carmelo deal. He kept his mouth shut while the team sucked but, like the spoiled child he is, once they were fun to play with again, he took his toy back and has already started smashing it on the ground. The Knicks are at the precipice of an extended period of mediocrity and humiliation. You can't stop Dolan, you can only hope to distract him.

I don't even think it'll take that long. It's clear that Dolan has zero intention on bringing Donnie Walsh back, and it's hard to imagine that D'Antoni would want any part of a regime that includes the inevitable return of Isiah. It really looks like D'Antoni is champing at the bit to take his Don Nelson/Larry Brown payout and bail. Dolan essentially took Walsh's rebuilding plan and threw it in the toilet by sticking his nose in on the Carmelo deal. He kept his mouth shut while the team sucked but, like the spoiled child he is, once they were fun to play with again, he took his toy back and has already started smashing it on the ground. The Knicks are at the precipice of an extended period of mediocrity and humiliation. You can't stop Dolan, you can only hope to distract him.

Says the New Jersey Nets only fan. :rolleyes:

D'Antoni sucks and should be fired ASAP.

Says the New Jersey Nets only fan. :rolleyes:

D'Antoni sucks and should be fired ASAP.

Dude, in 50 words or less, describe the scenario in which Walsh and D'Antoni leave and Dolan--left to his own devices--conceives of a plan to keep the Knicks from falling off a cliff.

again, how many "JAGS" score 30 points and drop 7 assists in playoff games?

if it was so easy then maybe the Knicks could win a series for once :D

The Rondo thing isn't worth arguing over. He's a good player in a unique position that hides his weaknesses. On many other NBA teams, he doesn't even start. He's a defensive replacement in the vein of Greg Anthony. It's no coincidence that the Knicks aren't guarding him and the Celtics are still struggling.

Dude, in 50 words or less, describe the scenario in which Walsh and D'Antoni leave and Dolan--left to his own devices--conceives of a plan to keep the Knicks from falling off a cliff.

I am still allowing myself to be deluded into thinking that Dolan does the right thing and promotes Allan Houston or hires Chris Mullin and tells Isaiah to go harrass lesbians for another employer.

Dude, you have a PG who made all of one jumper last night while not being guarded. Puffing your chest over his performance suggests you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

The Rondo thing isn't worth arguing over. He's a good player in a unique position that hides his weaknesses. On many other NBA teams, he doesn't even start. He's a defensive replacement in the vein of Greg Anthony. It's no coincidence that the Knicks aren't guarding him and the Celtics are still struggling.

hahahahaha only Madmike would say some stupid sh*t like this. The guy drops 11 assists per game and the Celtics look like garbage when he's not on the floor.

I'm sorry Tomshane, you used to be my favorite poster but it looks like your turning into a shock-value guy.

Archived