Knicks vs Celtics playoff series thread

Blackout

hahahahaha only Madmike would say some stupid sh*t like this. The guy drops 11 assists per game and the Celtics look like garbage when he's not on the floor.

I'm sorry Tomshane, you used to be my favorite poster but it looks like your turning into a shock-value guy.

When do I ever shock anybody? It's the truth, brother. What other starting point guard is as offensively deficient as Rondo is? Most teams don't have HoF wing players that can shoot like the Celtics do and, as such, need their point guard to score the ball.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the HOF defense is getting old too

all those HOFers are in their mid 30s

Rondo is the best defensive PG in the league and the best passer. Those will help him stay in the NBA another decade.

Remember all the Jason Kidd bashers when he first came up? Couldn't shoot his way out of (insert whatever) and now he's still playing at 38.

Boston is a deeper team, more tested team, and far better coached team. Melo made the absolute right play at the end by finding Jeffries down low. But the guy has hands of stone and the athleticism of a pet rock. Almost anyone in the NBA that is on the floor in that situation catches, elevates, and throws the ball up with a good chance to make a point blank shot. JJ goes low and tries to pass the ball after the defense recovers. Even if Garnett doesnt take it away the pass would have gone nowhere. And to not foul with 4.1 left is inexcusable. Coaches dont do a ton in the NBA, but that is one thing they have to do and he did not tell his team to foul immediately. Celtics press up 3 with 0.6 and the Knicks are ready to give up at 4.1. Thats your big difference and why the coach will get canned halfway thru next season.

Sorry, but the Knicks did not trade away half their roster to get Carmelo Anthony to have him pass the ball to Jared Jeffries with a playoff game on the line.

Rondo is the best defensive PG in the league and the best passer. Those will help him stay in the NBA another decade.

Remember all the Jason Kidd bashers when he first came up? Couldn't shoot his way out of (insert whatever) and now he's still playing at 38.

I could be the best passer in the NBA if I played with Garnett, Allen and Pierce.

Sorry, but the Knicks did not trade away half their roster to get Carmelo Anthony to have him pass the ball to Jared Jeffries with a playoff game on the line.

He made the right play. Anythony really didnt have much of a choice. Walker and Mason become statues once Melo has the ball on the wing.

The last two minutes were a total cluster ****. Melo was being double/triple teamed and we had guys standing around.

Jefferies, god bless his soul, at least tried to make a play. You know what you're getting with Jefferies...I have a hard time blaming him, but he does have to shoot that ball.

He made the right play. Anythony really didnt have much of a choice. Walker and Mason become statues once Melo has the ball on the wing.

The last two minutes were a total cluster ****. Melo was being double/triple teamed and we had guys standing around.

Jefferies, god bless his soul, at least tried to make a play. You know what you're getting with Jefferies...I have a hard time blaming him, but he does have to shoot that ball.

Melo did make the right play, he shouldn't have been put in that position though. I blame D'Antoni for not drawing up a play for Melo there.

The HoF defense/fact is not "old" just because those players are--you still have to guard all of them like they're in their mid-20's because they're all still very capable of scoring 30 on you. Black, what other great PG is cut out of his own offense once the game gets down to the final two minutes? You can't find Rondo with a GPS when a game gets tight.

And you don't want to compare Rondo to Kidd at all. Kidd is an idiot savant with the ball who makes players look better than they have any right to look. Allen, Pierce, Garnett--they were all great when Rondo was bricking free throws in middle school.

Boston is a deeper team, more tested team, and far better coached team. Melo made the absolute right play at the end by finding Jeffries down low. But the guy has hands of stone and the athleticism of a pet rock. Almost anyone in the NBA that is on the floor in that situation catches, elevates, and throws the ball up with a good chance to make a point blank shot. JJ goes low and tries to pass the ball after the defense recovers. Even if Garnett doesnt take it away the pass would have gone nowhere. And to not foul with 4.1 left is inexcusable. Coaches dont do a ton in the NBA, but that is one thing they have to do and he did not tell his team to foul immediately. Celtics press up 3 with 0.6 and the Knicks are ready to give up at 4.1. Thats your big difference and why the coach will get canned halfway thru next season.

And actually, even with 0.6 seconds, they STILL didn't foul, they barely even touched him, but the refs called it to give NY a chance...so I can't see how anybody can say the refs decided the game, as they actually gave the Knicks a chance to tie it.

Boston is a deeper team, more tested team, and far better coached team. Melo made the absolute right play at the end by finding Jeffries down low. But the guy has hands of stone and the athleticism of a pet rock.

Had this discussion with a billion people last night. 10 times out of 10 you make that pass, but it pissed me off so, so, so so so so much that he did it.

Had this discussion with a billion people last night. 10 times out of 10 you make that pass, but it pissed me off so, so, so so so so much that he did it.

Where he got the ball, he had absolutely no choice. When I saw Jeffries with the ball, I had two visions - first, of him doing his best Charles Smith impersonation and the other being him drawing the foul and bricking both attempts.

I'd have rather seen D'Antoni draw up the same play as in Game 1... only this time, when Rondo quickly doubles Melo on the wing, kick it to a wide-open Douglas at the top of the key.

Or better yet, and this may be totally crazy, but try to get Melo the ball coming off a screen for a semi-open look.

Or better yet, and this may be totally crazy, but try to get Melo the ball coming off a screen for a semi-open look.

Exactly. Why stick him in traffic at that point? Amare's out and the dude's absolutely been on fire, so the solution is to not put him in a situation where he can get an open look or put the ball on the floor? Terrible play, the Knicks deserved that win if only for Melo's performance last night to be remembered the right way. That is quite possibly the greatest postseason performance I've ever seen in a Knick uni.

The other thing that irked the **** out of me was that they didn't repeatedly put Rondo on his a$$ on those layup attempts. I know Douglas was in foul trouble, but have Mason, Carter, anyone put him on his back and after he bricks a bunch of FT's, he'll stop taking it to the rack.

The guy is the Chris Dudley of PG's and they're giving him a free lane to the hoop. It really makes me miss the "No Layup Rule" Knicks.

What choice does he have? They handed him the ball in no mans land. Hes got two guys on him and a third spying. There is nowhre to go. If you want to blame someone blame the coach. He has to know Boston isnt going to let him just get a shot off. You have to call something so he gets the ball while moving to either draw contact or totally free someone up elsewhere for an uncontested lay up. They just handed him the ball and allowed the defense to set. And the other issue is that there is no reason for Jeffries to be on the court. I dont care if he hit that last basket or not. The guy is one of the worst offensive players in the NBA. Him out there is essentially playing 4 on 5 offensively the whole game. There had to be someone off the bench they could bring in. They would have been better off bringing Amare in as a decoy. No matter what they have to respect the fact that he is out there.

What choice does he have? They handed him the ball in no mans land. Hes got two guys on him and a third spying. There is nowhre to go. If you want to blame someone blame the coach. He has to know Boston isnt going to let him just get a shot off. You have to call something so he gets the ball while moving to either draw contact or totally free someone up elsewhere for an uncontested lay up. They just handed him the ball and allowed the defense to set. And the other issue is that there is no reason for Jeffries to be on the court. I dont care if he hit that last basket or not. The guy is one of the worst offensive players in the NBA. Him out there is essentially playing 4 on 5 offensively the whole game. There had to be someone off the bench they could bring in. They would have been better off bringing Amare in as a decoy. No matter what they have to respect the fact that he is out there.

That's exactly what I've been doing Jason.

Why was Jeffries out there in the 1st place? Wasn't this supposed to be an offensive set? Jared Jefferies has one skill, and that's to play defense.....and that he's good at

But having him on offense with the game on the line is all on D'Antoni.....F-that guy, he's a moron coaching the Knicks

This f-ing series is there for the taking....to have a dipsh1t coaching is unreal

Why was Jeffries out there in the 1st place? Wasn't this supposed to be an offensive set? Jared Jefferies has one skill, and that's to play defense.....and that he's good at

But having him on offense with the game on the line is all on D'Antoni.....F-that guy, he's a moron coaching the Knicks

This f-ing series is there for the taking....to have a dipsh1t coaching is unreal

He isn't really even that good at that. He did give up the game winning basket on the other end too. He's a terrible basketball player.

Watching the Knicks and Melo makes me so glad the Bulls did not land Melo... he is a selfish fool who cares only about getting off a nice shot nothing else.

Only a hater like you could bash a guy the day after he almost won a game BY HIMSELF surrounded by Dleague players.

I'm sorry. AMARE IS SOFT! I hate the Knicks but I never viewed amare as a softy, but after last night thats changed. Back spasms??? You sit out the rest of a critical playoff game 2 @ Boston because of back spasms??? I've seen players play through much worse. Toughing it out through injury in the post season is what makes greatness. I'm shocked that Amare didn't return. SOFT.

Watching the Knicks and Melo makes me so glad the Bulls did not land Melo... he is a selfish fool who cares only about getting off a nice shot nothing else.

Yes, being on the court for most of the game with 4 guys who likely wouldn't even crack the opponents' rotation and still managing to have a monster game is the height of selfishness. Oh, and he also happened to match Rose's highest assist total this postseason in spite of his awful supporting cast.

If you posted this after Game 1 that's one thing, but today, it's flat-out idiotic. A TS% over 60%, an AST% of 27.7%, TRB over 20%, ORtg of 147, and a TO% of 2.8% despite a near-40% USG.

It's especially laughable for someone who never misses a chance to praise Derrick Rose, who has yet to put together as impressive a playoff performance, despite having a far better team around him.

This has to be a coaching decision. They were double teaming him consistently in the last part of the 4th quarter. So it would have been talked about in the huddle.

lol C'mon bro. Dude was out there by himself basically. And shot efficient, dominated and almost single handily willed the Knicks to victory. One of the better post season performances I've seen in awhile. The guy that should be getting hammered is Amare. If your gonna miss a playoff game due to injury it better be something so bad it takes you out for the series. And i don't wanna hear any B.S. that no one plays through back spasms.

I'm sorry. AMARE IS SOFT! I hate the Knicks but I never viewed amare as a softy, but after last night thats changed. Back spasms??? You sit out the rest of a critical playoff game 2 @ Boston because of back spasms??? I've seen players play through much worse. Toughing it out through injury in the post season is what makes greatness. I'm shocked that Amare didn't return. SOFT.

You are trying too hard! :)

Playing PF in the NBA isn't like fist-pumping at the club. I've been fortunate enough to never experience back spasms, but I've been told that they can be quite debilitating. The fact that they come out of nowhere, as opposed to a pain that is more constant - ie. a sprained ankle - is what makes it difficult to play through.

Spoken like a dude who's never had back spasms.

Archived