Knicks vs Celtics playoff series thread

Blackout

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gainzo, no, all these people who have probably never even stepped foot in MA must know more about MA than me and you. It's not like I was born and raised there or anything and still go back there multiple times per year.

RUN GAINZO! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The team that dumped him because he wasn't a well rounded WINNER? What about em?

Is that why Denver "dumped" him? It wasn't because they knew they didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of re-signing him and needed to get something of value for him or look stupid and be in worse shape than the Cavs when LeBron left?

so how about that knicks celtics playoff series ?

As I stated in an earlier post MSG is going to be rocking tomorrow night. IMO: Pierce, KG and Ray wont have a problem with the noise but everyone else will. The Knicks need to feed off the crowd and get out to a big lead.

Why can't you and Rutgers just talk basketball?

Zoltek infects every single thread with his life story of nonsensical mediocre accomplishments and we're the problem? As far as I'm concerned you should be offering to fondle our balls for bringing some levity to an otherwise spammed thread. Not at the same time though.

As I stated in an earlier post MSG is going to be rocking tomorrow night. IMO: Pierce, KG and Ray wont have a problem with the noise but everyone else will. The Knicks need to feed off the crowd and get out to a big lead.

that's what I was expecting in game 2, for the celts to have a early run and grab a big lead, and for the knicks to have to chip away at it. I had visions of allen knocking down like 7 3's :D

the energy can work for you or against you, I remember getting 2 fouls in 2 minutes at home sometimes, just wildy hacking anyone who dared come into MY lane :huh:

the next time I see a knick pick up his dribble for no reason, look around for someone to pass to, and nobody coming to the ball leading to a panic stricken 23 foot jumper, I may need a new TV......

Zoltek infects every single thread with his life story of nonsensical mediocre accomplishments and we're the problem? As far as I'm concerned you should be offering to fondle our balls for bringing some levity to an otherwise spammed thread. Not at the same time though.

I took offense to the posts about Boston and/or Massachusetts being the most racist place in America. Falcon and Blackout? We all know they are clowns and I hate supporting the same team as them.

Is that why Denver "dumped" him? It wasn't because they knew they didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of re-signing him and needed to get something of value for him or look stupid and be in worse shape than the Cavs when LeBron left?

They had no chance because his act wore thin... it will in NY too... he is not a winner... he is a 25ppg guy who does not have a complete game... replace him with a 10ppg and 15ppg guy who can play a well rounded game and you are a better team...

They had no chance because his act wore thin... it will in NY too... he is not a winner... he is a 25ppg guy who does not have a complete game... replace him with a 10ppg and 15ppg guy who can play a well rounded game and you are a better team...

Give me a break. The guy has been in the playoffs every year of his career and pretty deep in the playoffs at that. It's not like the Nuggets are doing any better than the knicks in the playoffs as it is and not one of the players they got has 1/10th of the talent Melo does.

They had no chance because his act wore thin...

More nonsensical horsesh*t. They wanted him back badly and held out hope that he would sign the extension, despite his repeated refusals to do so. Denver finally traded him when they accepted that he wasn't going to stay and were able to extract a little more from the Knicks.

The only thing that wore thin in Denver was the fact that his uncertain future with the team was a distraction - a situation I thought he handled reasonable well given the circumstances.

BTW if Melo had the same supporting cast Rose does mediocre as it is, he would win loads of titles. The knicks have NO ONE other than their 2 stars. Hopefully that will change over the offseason as the bulls have had more time to put some good role players around him. The Knicks have zero good role players on their roster right now.

BTW if Melo had the same supporting cast Rose does mediocre as it is, he would win loads of titles. The knicks have NO ONE other than their 2 stars. Hopefully that will change over the offseason as the bulls have had more time to put some good role players around him. The Knicks have zero good role players on their roster right now.

Yet when I said this, you called me a "homer"...I literally said that they gave away all their good young role players for a team that wouldn't compete this season no matter what. I can't see how ANYONE thinks NY was better off trading for Melo than keeping all their good young role players and signing him in the offseason. You're not going to win it all this season (I'm not saying Boston is, but you, I, and everybody else knows NY isn't winning it this season), so you would literally have all the role players you traded away for Melo AND Melo. Trade didn't make sense then, and it doesn't now.

Are you talking about Carmelo Anthony or Kevein Durant?

Oh okay.

Yet when I said this, you called me a "homer"...I literally said that they gave away all their good young role players for a team that wouldn't compete this season no matter what. I can't see how ANYONE thinks NY was better off trading for Melo than keeping all their good young role players and signing him in the offseason. You're not going to win it all this season (I'm not saying Boston is, but you, I, and everybody else knows NY isn't winning it this season), so you would literally have all the role players you traded away for Melo AND Melo. Trade didn't make sense then, and it doesn't now.

Signing him as a FA was nowhere near a lock. The Knicks wen't winning the title this season with or without that trade. None of the players they traded are going to be all that hard to replace over the offseason. They got BY FAR the best player in the trade and thats all that matters in the long run. They got a guy who could go out there and outplay your team BY HIMSELF surrounded with 4 d league players. None of the guys they traded will ever do that in their lives.

Signing him as a FA was nowhere near a lock. The Knicks wen't winning the title this season with or without that trade. None of the players they traded are going to be all that hard to replace over the offseason. They got BY FAR the best player in the trade and thats all that matters in the long run. They got a guy who could go out there and outplay your team BY HIMSELF surrounded with 4 d league players. None of the guys they traded will ever do that in their lives.

I can't believe you are honestly implying that having all your role players + your draft picks + Carmelo Anthony is worse than having just Anthony.

I can't believe you are honestly implying that having all your role players + your draft picks + Carmelo Anthony is worse than having just Anthony.

Jesus kid, that's not at all what he's implying. He's just reiterating the same thing we've all said, Melo was not going to give up that 20+ million dollars and thus, signing him as a FA was not a guarantee. If it were a given that we'd sign him as a FA, than it's a no-brainer we keep Gallo, felton and Mozzy. I think you'd be very hard-pressed to find anyone who, given the option, wouldn't have taken Melo as a FA and kept our players.

Archived