Sign in to follow this  
Scott Dierking

Turns out Phil Hughes is just bad, not hurt

He has been terrible this year, I am very surprised by this....

He was bad for a large portion of last season as well. A "dead arm" is a interesting thing to be dl'd for.

Usually pitchers can work right through that in a week or so. Hopefully he is fine shortly as with Nova being a 4 inning pitcher the Yankees really need Hughes. Burnett while not great has been a blessing. The Red Sox staff is in tatters right now so the Yanks can afford a little time to work these Nova and Hughes issues out.

Hughes seems destined for a #4 type starter. Still young enough to change that but a lot of the top of the rotation hype on him has gone away IMO. Ian Kennedy, although pitching in the NL West looks like the best pitcher out of the class of Joba, Hughes and Kennedy. Jeff Karstens is off the hook this year as well at age 28.

I think Nova gets called up for Thursday's DH and could make things interesting rotation wise for the Yanks brass. His WHIP needs to improve as eventually it will get him in a lot more troube than it did earlier this season.

Not sure Yanks would be in on Mike Adams unless they could get him on the cheap. Soriano coming back and Robertson pitching well (although looking like KROD at times pitching in and out of trouble) should be enough to get to Mo.

Yeah I am going to change my rating on him. I was always holding out hope because he was young and had been switched from the rotation to reliever. Thought he needed time to settle in. Now he just looks clearly like he isn't a starting pitcher.

The problem is the Yankees are stacked with set up guys so not sure what his other options could be.

It is strange as he looks good at times. I was watching Kershaw the other night and remembered the days when MadMike would tell us how Hughes was better.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company