Sign in to follow this  
Scott Dierking

Turns out Phil Hughes is just bad, not hurt

Yeah he sucks because of 3 bad starts. He'll go down build arm strength and be back quickly. Probably before the mets win their 10th game. BTW, he's on the DL for dead arm, not optioned, just like I said he'd be. Will you give me credit for being right? I doubt it very highly.

"Dead arm" is not an injury. Dead arm is something EVRY pitcher goes through. Most don't land on the DL to hide them.

Guess the arm has been dead for the last 10 months ;)

Scott, let get back to the discussion at hand.

The Mess.....how are they doing

They suck as a team. Time to blow it up.

It seems to be happening to more and more pitchers these days.

Perhaps the "babying" that they are doing to these arms at developmental ages, hinders future abilities. Who knows? Every arm is different and reacts differently.

Maybe Nolan Ryan is on to something with his staff.

dead arm my arse. he just fxcking blows.

But why is a MET fan even talking about this? That team is the biggest joke in the country. They're not even lovable losers they're just losers.

Well Miss Feisty, the title of this forum is "Baseball" not "Yankees fans talking Yankees, Mets fans talking Mets, Cubs fans talking Cubs".

Yes, the Mets are losers. We may not be lovable but we are ornery.

It seems like people are very quick to pass judgement who has been a good pitcher his entire professional career. He'll be back.

Career 4.46 ERA with a 1.292 WHIP. Very pedestrian.

They worked the juice and HGH out of the game so a lot of these guys who were great prospects 4-5 years ago are--whoops--all of a sudden no longer throwing 95 or hitting it 500 feet. Whether or not they were actually using doesn't even matter, they grew up with the understanding that, to make it in the bigs, you had to hit 40 homers/throw unholy heat. Now, they have to basically re-learn the game. They are casualties of the Steroid Era, and it'll take years before the ones who were either using (and artificially inflated their stock) or weren't using (but tailored their games to play in the steroid-era) are weeded out.

I would like to not believe it, but there seems to be some veracity by the sheer number of guys that just seem to be falling into a mediocre pit.

It really makes what a Seaver, Gibson, Guidry, et al did the more amazing.

Looks like Hughes, sadly, IS actually hurt. So it turns out that I was right and SD is an ahole. So nothing's new.

Being soft, injury prone and mediocre is no way for any pitcher to go through life.

Edited by Scott Dierking
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for proving me right again.

What has been proven that he is injured? Where is the definitive statement on that?

Hughes right now has mediocre fastball syndrome. Eiland suffered from that which is why he was the best AAA pitcher but sucked in the bigs. Hopefully in time, Hughes can overcome it.

It is odd that so many other pitchers are having similar decreasing velocity issues.

Or, maybe the proliferation of registering radar readings and documenting them is too much of a rage.

Maybe this has always gone on, and pitchers need to work themselves out of "mediocre fastball syndrome".

Hard to know.

Looks like Hughes, sadly, IS actually hurt. So it turns out that I was right and SD is an ahole. So nothing's new.

So Mike, as I asked you, what exactly is Hughes' injury? Where were you right?

Well I was right about you being an ahole for one. I was also right about Hughes being hurt and the fact that he's not pitching is proof of that. This is a process.

Why do you keep avoiding the question-what is his injury?

Once again Dierk you are comparing apples to oranges

Phil pitches in the filthy AL East, while Kennedy pitches in the AAAA NL West

Diamondbacks stadium is a bandbox. Ian Kennedy is currently pitching, while Phil Hughes is still DL'ed to to suckiness.

As a Mess fan with nothing to root for except a Yankee off year, I suppose you need something to hang your hat on.

Nevertheless, Kennedy just doesn't have the stuff Hughes has. Kennedy is a 3 or 4 pitcher, whereas Hughes, when healthy can be a 1

What exactly is Hughes' health issue? He has been a "1" for about 2 months of his career. For you to characterize him as a 1 is extremely generous. One would almost say homerish.

The man in his 1st real season in the rotation won 18 games....I would say that justifies excitement over a starting pitcher

Sabermetrics guys are LAUGHING at you. SimpleMike is even blushing.

Scott, Scott, Scott......I feel bad for you. Having to pull Sabermetrics out when discussing wins and losses.

You are what you are. Phil Hughes is an 18 game Major League winner. Remember what Bill Parcells used to say?

I don't EVER want to see you use a stat in support of any baseball debate then.

The level of pathetic hater that is going on this this thread is kinda funny.

There you are-we thought you disappeared from this thread.

Remember how you were crowing about how Phil Hughes was injured and you just knew it. Good time, good times.

He's out 6-8 weeks for relaxation. Perfectly healthy. BTW who's "we"? Everyone is laughing at you in here.

Yup, just like Oliver Perez was last year. DL'ed due to suckiness.

Hey, it was YOIU that told us that he HAD to be injured. There was no other way to explain it. Alas, no injury.

PredictableMike wrong again.

Listen old timer, I know your mind is probably starting to go but even in the feble rantings of your deranged mind this is a dumb statement. Keep going though. More stuff to make you look dumb with when he comes back.

I never said he wasn't coming back.

All I asked was-WHAT IS HIS INJURY THAT YOU WERE SO CERTAIN OF?

All I have gotten is name calling and dancing? Which you are not deft at.

You're the one name calling. I'm just telling the truth. You are an old decrepit hater with nothing better to do that bring up old threads to try to stir up some crap. It's sad actually. A stop down from yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

Final time, simple question. What is Phil Hughes' injury?

A dead arm and inflammation in his shoulder. Whats your malfunction?

So pretty much what every other pitcher gets, and pitches through. That is not an injury, that is called pitching wear and tear

Edited by Scott Dierking

Dr Demented over here. Good to know you're such an expert on pitchers' bodies. hahaha. Why aren't you practicing medicine instead of being an a$$ on a messageboard?

Every spring, most pitchers experience what the trainers and pitching coaches refer to as "dead arm". It is not an injury, it is not an ailment, it is the fatigue of building the arm strength up. Pitchers will normally get hit around for a start or 2 during the period. This is nothing new.

It is NOT an injury and normally pitchers battle through it.

You're not a doctor, but apparently you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night....

Neither are YOU. And YOU claim that he was INJURED. Apparently. you did so without any proof or basis.

Yeah because healthy pitchers miss 2 months without rehab starts and get cortisone shots ALL THE TIME. You're dumb beyond words.

Sounds like Hughes is one big Pussy. Have it your way.

Message board bravado. Gonna really enjoy making you look like the moron you are when he's healthy and pitching at a high level again.

I just continue to be amused at you making pronouncements (like "Hughes is injured"), without any knowledge.

No one knows what Hughes will come back like. Heck, no one knows what his problem was.

For you to just assume that he will return to his mediocre self, is purely speculation and conjecture.

When has he ever sucked? He was a great RP and won 18 games with great peripherals in his first full year as a starter. What world are you living in?

Are you really qualifying a pitcher by WINS? You broke your own commandment there.

What peripherals were "great"?

His WHIP, K/9, H/9 and BB/K were all very good go look them up. Not that facts would dent your hateraide. Your yankee posts must outnumber your mets posts 80-90 to 1.

You originally said "great". Now you have backed it down to "very good".

I would call them slightly better than League average.

And his most recent peripherals, dating back to last Summer, have been less than league average.

Enough with the pumping of Phil Hughes. Let's call him what he is

you have no idea what league avg is. Talking out your a$$ as usual.

League averages for AL last year:

ERA 4.14

WHIP 1.346

H/9 8.9

BB/9 3.2

SO/BB 2.11

This stuff is not hard to find. Talk about a pompous a$$.

And Hughes was substantially better. Point?

Not close to GREAT.

Edited by Scott Dierking

You have no argument so you're retreating to a semantics argument. Good going. Why dont you go take the walker out for a spin or something?

Semantics-YOU were the one that said his PERIPHERALS were GREAT. No semantics involved there.

Directly from your POSTS.

I show you that NONE of his peripherals were even top 10 in the league. At least you had the sense to back down your statement to his peripherals were "VERY GOOD". No semantics involved there. Directly from your posts.

YOU claim I don't have any clue to what "league average is" I show you AL League average for pitching 2010. No semantics involved there.

You were wrong.

Quit while you are way behind.

And here comes your usual garbage. Claim victory in the hopes that the other person is too exhausted from trying to argue with that think skull of yours. You're SOOOOOO predictable it's hilarious. BTW i love when you do little plays on words to try to be clever and it just makes you sound more like the old clod you are. Terrific!

backpedal, backpedal until the original premise that you were trying to debate fades. Nice try.

Hey this is a bit off topic but you didn't answer my PM. You guys going to Richie's next weekend?

See the PM I just sent you about the problem with Abbie.

Num Num will have to wait.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company