Sign in to follow this  
Scott Dierking

Turns out Phil Hughes is just bad, not hurt

Hughes will win the AL Cy Young next season. Take it to the bank.

Is that likely to happen with a healthy Joba out there next year?

ACEEEEEE.

So is Ian Kennedy, but what does that have to do with Hughes (other than the Yankees getting rid of the wrong guy)?

Ian Kennedy would look alot like Phil Hughes in the AL East.

Hughes needs to go to an NL team. He and Rick Porcello would turn it around fast in that league...both should be Cubs along with Cole Hamels.

Edited by SenorGato

And I would take Niese or Gee over Hughes any day.

Niese? **** yeah. Gee? Meh.

Just send Hughes to the Cubs, Yankees. We'll Matt Garza him...well Matt Garza was pretty good in the AL East, but you might know what I mean. Get him to stop mixing his pitches like an 8 year old with one and a half pitches.

Edited by SenorGato

Yeah, just what Hughes needs-another band box. he already leads mlb in home runs allowed.

The AL East is a bandbox. The NL Central would be paradise in comparison.

There are 25+ other starting pitchers in the AL east who are NOT leading mlb in giving up home runs.

Yes, because that could only happen to one pitcher unless there's a tie. The guy is giving up 1 more HR per 9 than his career average, and has a ridiculous HR/FB%.

OTOH, he's picked up his K's and dropped the walks. Sounds like a nice buy low candidate for a team outside of that division.

Have at it.

Yeah that's what I've been saying. Someone should "have at it." I bet he'd be better than Dillon Gee. Gee plays in a giant pitchers park and still somehow is HR prone.

Opinions are like elbows, everyone has one. Doesn't make them right though.

All I can say is what Dillon Gee does at Citi Field, and that is most important to me as a Met fan. I personally do not care how he would perform someplace else.

Of course you don't because then you'd be forced to realize he's really not that good.

Yeah I know, he's not bad. Mediocre talent? Yes. Bad pitcher? No.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company