Sign in to follow this  
Scott Dierking

Turns out Phil Hughes is just bad, not hurt

Yeah he sucks because of 3 bad starts. He'll go down build arm strength and be back quickly. Probably before the mets win their 10th game. BTW, he's on the DL for dead arm, not optioned, just like I said he'd be. Will you give me credit for being right? I doubt it very highly.

Gotta give credit where credit is due. You did say they'd dump Hughes on the DL eventually.

He also had in the Hall of Fame so it kind of balances itself out.

Maybe he meant the Arthroscopic Procedures Hall of Fame?

It seems to be happening to more and more pitchers these days.

Perhaps the "babying" that they are doing to these arms at developmental ages, hinders future abilities. Who knows? Every arm is different and reacts differently.

Maybe Nolan Ryan is on to something with his staff.

They worked the juice and HGH out of the game so a lot of these guys who were great prospects 4-5 years ago are--whoops--all of a sudden no longer throwing 95 or hitting it 500 feet. Whether or not they were actually using doesn't even matter, they grew up with the understanding that, to make it in the bigs, you had to hit 40 homers/throw unholy heat. Now, they have to basically re-learn the game. They are casualties of the Steroid Era, and it'll take years before the ones who were either using (and artificially inflated their stock) or weren't using (but tailored their games to play in the steroid-era) are weeded out.

Anyone want to trade me a Phil Hughes baseball card for this mint-condition Sam Militello card I got? How about this Paul Wilson?

Message board bravado. Gonna really enjoy making you look like the moron you are when he's healthy and pitching at a high level again.

And Mark Prior.

Uh oh. Next step in his rehab? Marry Debra Clemens and get traded to Toronto. That'll put him right back on the path to the Hall.

Ike Davis is right next to him

If Phil Hughes had to deal with the Mets doctors, they'd have amputated his pitching arm.

Why is Nova back in the minors? I thought pitching well for three months as a Yankee made you a sure-fire Hall of Famer?

Definitely. Nova showed some promise and won a bunch of games.

When the current version of Phil Hughes represents the "surplus," you don't really have a surplus.

The Yankees just sent down a kid that would lead the Mets in wins.

That's a surplus.

And yet they sent him down to make room for a guy who has been garbage for about a year. Go figure.

Hughes had a terrible start to this season but he was hurt. He was good last year. Try to make your points based loosely in reality please.

My apologies. Since the All Star break of last year, he's 9-8 with an ERA approaching 8.00, along with a mystery ailment that no one in the medical profession seems to be able to pinpoint. Maybe "garbage" is a bit much. How about "refuse"?

Edited by T0mShane

42 pitches through two innings, down 2-0. Whatever the mystery injury was, it looks terminal.

That thug just hit Asdrubal Cabrera.

Thugs make me sick. Trade him to the Red Sox.

Lol...sure they do....It's Beckett and pray for rain at this point

Is Sidney Ponson available?

How would you describe mid twenties guys who are top of the rotation guys?

The Yankees haven't had one of those since Whitey Ford.

What do Andy Pettite, Phil Hughes and Ivan Nova all have in common?

Hughes and Pettite? HGH.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company