Turns out Phil Hughes is just bad, not hurt

Scott Dierking

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't heard from you his past starts when he went 6-1

Shocked about that too :russian:

Hughes had a terrible start to the season. Beyond terrible. Everyone had an opinion on him then. He goes on a tear and there was a whole lot of silence. But he gives up some Home Runs in 115 degree weather and he is done again.

LOL - Hughes will laugh all the way to another world series ring this year.

The silent one returns to the debate. Shocking.

Tell me where I am wrong.

Hughes goes on these little runs of mediocrity and the Yankee homers (Jone) circle jerk into a frenzy. Water always returns to its own level. In Hughes' case, that level is slightly below mediocrityu. His career numbers say so, despite how much anybody wishes, or any small spurts he has

Hughes had a terrible start to the season. Beyond terrible. Everyone had an opinion on him then. He goes on a tear and there was a whole lot of silence. But he gives up some Home Runs in 115 degree weather and he is done again.

LOL - Hughes will laugh all the way to another world series ring this year.

His career numbers are what they are. You can't explain those away.

The Yankees should win the WS every year and everyone laughs.

Haven't heard from you his past starts when he went 6-1

Shocked about that too :russian:

all i have to say now is this:

"do you prefer public or private punishment?"-- Canibus

Well back to reality 4 innings 6 runs 4 home runs

This JonE &BO.

His career numbers are what they are. You can't explain those away.

The Yankees should win the WS every year and everyone laughs.

Everyone isn't laughing. The Yankees are a model of excellence.

Phil Hughes is still 25 I believe. Will he ever be the # 1 guy on the Yankees staff? Probably not. But I don't see a problem in the Yankees developing home grown talent that helps them win.

Tell me where I am wrong.

Hughes goes on these little runs of mediocrity and the Yankee homers (Jone) circle jerk into a frenzy. Water always returns to its own level. In Hughes' case, that level is slightly below mediocrityu. His career numbers say so, despite how much anybody wishes, or any small spurts he has

You are wrong in that you never post when he does well. If he is a mediocre pitcher that means he has some good days. We never hear from you on those days. You don't have to be objective, I am just pointing out that you aren't. :)

You are wrong in that you never post when he does well. If he is a mediocre pitcher that means he has some good days. We never hear from you on those days. You don't have to be objective, I am just pointing out that you aren't. :)

When he does well does not fit my agenda. Mediocre is not interesting, so why talk about it.

I was led to believe that Hughes would be an ace. I want to besmirch an ace more than I do some also-ran.

Agree with you on homegrown talent. That is why the mets are the most interesting story in NY right now ;)

Everyone isn't laughing. The Yankees are a model of excellence.

Phil Hughes is still 25 I believe. Will he ever be the # 1 guy on the Yankees staff? Probably not. But I don't see a problem in the Yankees developing home grown talent that helps them win.

Really?

Like all big money clubs, the Yankees are a model of throwing money at problems. Their excellence is being able to throw more money than anyone else. I am curious, if true, how Yankee Nation handles their new hard cap.

Really?

Like all big money clubs, the Yankees are a model of throwing money at problems. Their excellence is being able to throw more money than anyone else. I am curious, if true, how Yankee Nation handles their new hard cap.

The Killer Bs in the minor leagues......... Oh wait a minute, they are struggling right now.

Who is this homegrown talent on the Mets?

Davis, Murphy, Tejada, Wright, Neiwenhuis, Thole, Duda, Gee, Niese, Parnell, among other.

They actually started a game earlier in the year where every position was home grown. They have filled in injuries with home grown talent throughout the year.

Who is this homegrown talent on the Mets?

Why do Yankee Nation gets wrapped around this?

No big market team can solely survive on home grown talent. It is nice when it happens, but not something you can expect to contend year in and year out.

Davis, Murphy, Tejada, Wright, Neiwenhuis, Thole, Duda, Gee, Niese, Parnell, among other.

They actually started a game earlier in the year where every position was home grown. They have filled in injuries with home grown talent throughout the year.

I said talent

Why do Yankee Nation gets wrapped around this?

No big market team can solely survive on home grown talent. It is nice when it happens, but not something you can expect to contend year in and year out.

Having pride in homegrown talent in baseball is one of the more ridiculous things fans beat their chests about. And if we're going to argue about it, the Yankees best player, and a top 10 player in baseball, is home grown.

I said talent

I could care less about numbers, I care more so about how the club is performing. Right now, this is a meshed group with an approach that is winning. Will they make the playoffs this year? Probably not.

Are they an organization that has an idea and are grooming players? Absolutely!

It will take a couple of years for some of the studs to come up and hopefully contribute, but the Mets are getting more out of their club than any time in recent history-and it is farm grown kids that are making it happen.

Having pride in homegrown talent in baseball is one of the more ridiculous things fans beat their chests about. And if we're going to argue about it, the Yankees best player, and a top 10 player in baseball, is home grown.

Yeah. the Cardinal organization sure has the wrong idea about how to cultivate a club.

Having a farm system and a moving players up sure helps. Do you do it 100% of that way> of course not. But sure gives flexibility.

And I would take Niese or Gee over Hughes any day.

So would I. But the first guy you listed we were told was the next Don Mattingly. He cant even catch a pop out without injuring himself. if you're going to get on fans for overrating Hughes I can do the same for Ike Davis, who's terrible.

So would I. But the first guy you listed we were told was the next Don Mattingly. He cant even catch a pop out without injuring himself. if you're going to get on fans for overrating Hughes I can do the same for Ike Davis, who's terrible.

Because he was first on my list, did not mean he was the top guy on the list-I was going around the horn.

Davis has had a tough couple of months, no doubt. He also missed the last half of last year.

He also has more RBI than Arod ;)

And I would take Niese or Gee over Hughes any day.

Niese? **** yeah. Gee? Meh.

Just send Hughes to the Cubs, Yankees. We'll Matt Garza him...well Matt Garza was pretty good in the AL East, but you might know what I mean. Get him to stop mixing his pitches like an 8 year old with one and a half pitches.

Archived