Turns out Phil Hughes is just bad, not hurt

Scott Dierking

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes is still bad

Yeah I am going to change my rating on him. I was always holding out hope because he was young and had been switched from the rotation to reliever. Thought he needed time to settle in. Now he just looks clearly like he isn't a starting pitcher.

The problem is the Yankees are stacked with set up guys so not sure what his other options could be.

Yeah I am going to change my rating on him. I was always holding out hope because he was young and had been switched from the rotation to reliever. Thought he needed time to settle in. Now he just looks clearly like he isn't a starting pitcher.

The problem is the Yankees are stacked with set up guys so not sure what his other options could be.

It is strange as he looks good at times. I was watching Kershaw the other night and remembered the days when MadMike would tell us how Hughes was better.

It is strange as he looks good at times. I was watching Kershaw the other night and remembered the days when MadMike would tell us how Hughes was better.

...and that Micah Owings was the next big thing. Dude's been bouncing around as a middle reliever for about five years now.

Hughes is going to get a shot to be a reliever again. If he fails he will be out of here. If he pitches like he did the last time he was in the pen, he could help the Yankees out a ton in light of Mariano's injury.

That goes down in JN Hall of Infamy as one of the worst calls ever. Next to JonE's statement a few years back tha the Jets would have a better offense than Peyton and the Colts.

• 4 weeks later...

5 and 2 in his last 7 games. Only gave up more than 3 earned runs in one of those starts and he lost that game.

And he has been pitching against average at best offenses.

Archived