Sign in to follow this  
Scott Dierking

Turns out Phil Hughes is just bad, not hurt

Phillip Humber is real good

Yes, I'm sure the Mets rue the day that they traded Phil Humber - who is now on his third team since landing in Minnesota - for the best pitcher in baseball at that time.

So is Ian Kennedy, but what does that have to do with Hughes (other than the Yankees getting rid of the wrong guy)?

Damnit. I like your response better.

Well this thread is vrey amusing to look back on Phil Hughes is turning to be a hyped up player not as good as advertised when he first came up.

Hughes is still bad

Yeah I am going to change my rating on him. I was always holding out hope because he was young and had been switched from the rotation to reliever. Thought he needed time to settle in. Now he just looks clearly like he isn't a starting pitcher.

The problem is the Yankees are stacked with set up guys so not sure what his other options could be.

Well this thread is vrey amusing to look back on Phil Hughes is turning to be a hyped up player not as good as advertised when he first came up.

He still has a World Series ring.

The problem is the Yankees are stacked with set up guys so not sure what his other options could be.

Staff writer at JetNation.com?

Staff writer at JetNation.com?

We could expand our coverage, good call.

Yeah I am going to change my rating on him. I was always holding out hope because he was young and had been switched from the rotation to reliever. Thought he needed time to settle in. Now he just looks clearly like he isn't a starting pitcher.

It is strange as he looks good at times. I was watching Kershaw the other night and remembered the days when MadMike would tell us how Hughes was better.

It is strange as he looks good at times. I was watching Kershaw the other night and remembered the days when MadMike would tell us how Hughes was better.

...and that Micah Owings was the next big thing. Dude's been bouncing around as a middle reliever for about five years now.

...and that Micah Owings was the next big thing. Dude's been bouncing around as a middle reliever for about five years now.

Dude sure can hit, though...

Hughes is going to get a shot to be a reliever again. If he fails he will be out of here. If he pitches like he did the last time he was in the pen, he could help the Yankees out a ton in light of Mariano's injury.

That goes down in JN Hall of Infamy as one of the worst calls ever. Next to JonE's statement a few years back tha the Jets would have a better offense than Peyton and the Colts.

Last night was exactly what Hughes needed. A minor league start w/o having to actually go to the minors.

Was shocked to see this thread not bumped by the anti-Philthy crew

Phil is starting to put together a decent season!

5 and 2 in his last 7 games. Only gave up more than 3 earned runs in one of those starts and he lost that game.

Not a good night in the Dierking household.

5 and 2 in his last 7 games. Only gave up more than 3 earned runs in one of those starts and he lost that game.

And he has been pitching against average at best offenses.

Not a good night in the Dierking household.

Oddly, he and Shane have been mighty quiet as of late

Phil Hughes was supposed to be the next Cy young according to some people -me thinks alittle off on that prediction.

Phil Hughes was supposed to be the next Cy young according to some people -me thinks alittle off on that prediction.

Madmike isnt here so his predictions dont count.

So is Ian Kennedy, but what does that have to do with Hughes (other than the Yankees getting rid of the wrong guy)?

Ian Kennedy would look alot like Phil Hughes in the AL East.

Ian Kennedy would look alot like Phil Hughes in the AL East.

Very true.

Well back to reality 4 innings 6 runs 4 home runs