Scarface Mafia - The World is Yours

Pac

drinking?

You can't read me for BEANS.

I kind of want your girlfriend...

to be more competitive at words with friends

That hurt me more than it should have. Lol.

Best opening scene ever.

And I don't smell, thank you very much.

I can't smell. But you look like you would.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official Vote Count:

Sharrow (1)- DanX

AVM (1)- Sharrow,

Hess (1) - Song

JiF (1) - Brett

JVoY (1) - AVM

SMC (1) - DPR

Slats (1) - JC

CTM (2) - JiF, JVoR

DPR (1) - SMC

With 22 maricons alive, it takes 12 to lynch

Fu@k. Hang on.

Are you totally new to this game or do you know the basics?

here's the newbie guide form the mafiascumt wiki, for the basics. Essentially it's a game of guess who, about 25% of the players are bad guys and will be trying to lie and decieve to hide thier true intentions, the rest of us are good guys and have to find them before they eliminate us. Add in a heaping helping of gay/fat/doosh jokes and jif having a meltdown of some sort, and you basically have 2011 JN mafia

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

Newbie Guide

From MafiaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents [hide]

1 Basic Rules

2 Basic Roles

3 The Forum

4 Useful links

Welcome to mafiascum.net!

Playing Mafia online for the first time can be a bit confusing, so this guide is here to point you in the right direction. If something isn't clear, or we managed to miss something entirely, feel free to ask questions in the forums.

You may find this Flash introduction to Mafia helpful. (Created by mikeburnfire.)

Basic Rules

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

The game has two phases. Usually the first is Night. During Night, the Town can not communicate, but the Mafia can discuss and choose someone to murder. After the Moderator has received the name of the victim, the Moderator reveals the dead player, and Day begins.

During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it is once again Night.

The game alternates between Night and Day until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else.

Basic Roles

The above suffices for a Vanilla game, but most games of mafiascum have roles other than just Mafia and Townie. These roles have additional abilities (which are usually used during the Night, though there are some Day abilities as well). The most common are listed here.

Cop - Each night, the Cop can investigate one player (by sending their name to the Moderator), and finds out whether that player is Mafia or not. The Cop is on the Town's side.

Doctor - Each night, the Doctor can choose one player to protect (by sending their name to the Moderator). If the Mafia (or anyone else) tries to kill that player, they will fail. The Doctor is on the Town's side.

Vigilante - Each night, the Vigilante may kill another player (by sending their name to the Moderator). The Vigilante is on the Town's side.

Mason - The Masons are a group on the Town's side who know each other and can talk to each other at Night.

Serial Killer - The Serial Killer (often abbreviated as SK), like the Vigilante, may kill another player each Night (by sending their name to the Moderator). However, the Serial Killer is not on the Town's side or the Mafia's side. The Serial Killer wins when everyone else is dead.

Multiple Families - Often there is more than one group of Mafia. These act independently of one another, and must kill the other group as well as the Town in order to win.

Roleblocker - Each night, the Roleblocker can choose a player. That player will be prevented from using his or her night choice, if they have one.

There are many variations on the above roles that will often appear in more complicated games; for more information, visit the Roles page.

here's the newbie guide form the mafiascumt wiki, for the basics. Essentially it's a game of guess who, about 25% of the players are bad guys and will be trying to lie and decieve to hide thier true intentions, the rest of us are good guys and have to find them before they eliminate us. Add in a heaping helping of gay/fat/doosh jokes and jif having a meltdown of some sort, and you basically have 2011 JN mafia

My man 80 has given me a rough outline. I just wasn't aware of the timing. Day/night and whatnot. I'm not particularly bright.

Thanks for posting this refresher, CTM. Sometimes I forget that this game isn't just about killing you and JiF.

Unvote

get with the program hes a Sucky Man Chick

Lets see what Mr Tom Shane has to say

I just re-read the rules. I can't vote until later.

(Oh. My. God. Look at the newb with a big reveal. What an IDIOT. He is sooooo stup...wait, did he mean later, as in "Night," or later, as in "The Next Day"?! Is he fu*king with us? Is he trying to get in my head? Or is he retarded? Is he retarded AND in my head? Will he leave eggs? OH MY GOD KILL HIM. Wait. Calm down, Smashmouth. He's a newbie and I've been reading his football posts for a decade. I already know he's stupid. He's just...stupid. BUT HOW STUPID!? OMFG! Eggs! <shakes head furiously, bangs ear to let the eggs out>)

I just re-read the rules. I can't vote until later.

(Oh. My. God. Look at the newb with a big reveal. What an IDIOT. He is sooooo stup...wait, did he mean later, as in "Night," or later, as in "The Next Day"?! Is he fu*king with us? Is he trying to get in my head? Or is he retarded? Is he retarded AND in my head? Will he leave eggs? OH MY GOD KILL HIM. Wait. Calm down, Smashmouth. He's a newbie and I've been reading his football posts for a decade. I already know he's stupid. He's just...stupid. BUT HOW STUPID!? OMFG! Eggs! <shakes head furiously, bangs ear to let the eggs out>)

Nice WIFOM, Tom.

Archived