Scarface Mafia - The World is Yours

Pac

yep,. agreed on that.. the end game was laid out perfectly for a vic lynch, and you almost had it.. the other night whenever it was when I could of hammered vic, I can't tell you how close i was to doing it.. honestly the only thing that stopped me was the voice in my head saying how could 3 townies have reached the same correct conclusion so quickly. It was right after day break and I decided to wait and see what happens rather then rush..

why did you guys shoot the ape? that was a risk too.. if he was actually bullet proof, it could've been very bad for you

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all out of negative rep... I don't think you'll get much sympathy from the town. Many of their power roles were gimped in some way and you guys had 2 vests, an extra day kill, a GF, and a suicide bomber, a townie you could coerce, and AVM could NOT SEE Wombat on any trains.

If YOU had shot AVM instead of taking your "educated risk" you probably win.

I don't give a crap if you can neg rep me; I'm telling it like it is. I made a mistake and we lost because of it.

As to the town powers being "gimped," who gives a damn? NUMBERS is the most important power and the scum didn't have enough.

Plus, I doubted with Hess, CTM and I28 in the game after killing AVM that I could win a debate with Vic because, as we all saw, Vic was going to appeal to emotion which he does so well.

yep,. agreed on that.. the end game was laid out perfectly for a vic lynch, and you almost had it.. the other night whenever it was when I could of hammered vic, I can't tell you how close i was to doing it.. honestly the only thing that stopped me was the voice in my head saying how could 3 townies have reached the same correct conclusion so quickly. It was right after day break and I decided to wait and see what happens rather then rush..

why did you guys shoot the ape? that was a risk too.. if he was actually bullet proof, it could've been very bad for you

That was another brilliant play by WWWWombat. He gambled that I28 was full of sh*t and he was right.

I don't give a crap if you can neg rep me; I'm telling it like it is. I made a mistake and we lost because of it.

As to the town powers being "gimped," who gives a damn? NUMBERS is the most important power and the scum didn't have enough.

Plus, I doubted with Hess, CTM and I28 in the game after killing AVM that I could win a debate with Vic because, as we all saw, Vic was going to appeal to emotion which he does so well.

Well I'll give your game a B+ as well my friend. The fake PR was genius and much of your in-game play was spot on.

It would have been an A+ if not for the 2 glaring glitches which were - half revealing way too early (and bussing Smash in the process), and shooting Hess instead of AVM - which allowed AVM to get another nights results (which sealed your fate).

jokes aside you played well man.. we may disagree a little on whether you guys were undermanned but it wouldn't be right if there wasn't some controversy. ;)

Well I'll give your game a B+ as well my friend. The fake PR was genius and much of your in-game play was spot on.

It would have been an A+ if not for the 2 glaring glitches which were - half revealing way too early (and bussing Smash in the process), and shooting Hess instead of AVM - which allowed AVM to get another nights results (which sealed your fate).

jokes aside you played well man.. we may disagree a little on whether you guys were undermanned but it wouldn't be right if there wasn't some controversy. ;)

Thanks. All kidding aside and regardless of the disagreement, you did an awesome job putting this game together and modding it as a first time mod. The scenes were fantastic.

That said (:D) I do have a suggestion for future JN Mods: Game mechanics should never be a PAFO. That's like playing baseball and not being told if there is a DH or not. There are certain things that should be PAFO, such as anything that will affect a reveal. But things like whether a roleblock will override a vest or how a sensor works should be fully explained. That way, the players will decide who wins the game rather than on what they think the mod is doing.

It's just like game officials in NFL, NBA, etc. Let the players decide it on the board.

And bring back the Ladyfriend!!!

She may play a game when school is over.. she laughed a lot and had fun but felt she couldn't keep up. She's a first year teacher and her class is verrry difficult.

And I'm sorry if

You guys think it's cheap that I appeal to emotion. I really tried providing a case for wombat. I feel like I did less emotion stuff against SMC but wombat had me in a corner. I wanted to win.

Not cheap at all, Vic. You used the best your abilities to win. It was brilliant strategy. We all have to utilize our talents. Your appeal to emotion is yours.

I. Played. Awful.

Sharrow and of course ultimately Vic saved me. I didn't focus, wasn't making sense of numbers (great job by a "smart guy" eh? LOL), got so focused in on the ALMOSTS and not the certains. I did rather enjoy the spirit garbage on Day 1 though...that was just great fun for me. I honestly think I ignored everything I usually do in these games to focus on staying alive and getting those vote totals. In retrospect, I should have just played like I play every game, and use the numbers as extra. I almost came out 3 or 4 times, but right as I was about to reveal I found one more combination that was possible. I understand the frustration in the dead thread, but there were seriously quite a few combinations til right at the end, and I STILL chose the wrong one. Smash was the right choice, then go after SMC/Vic. Then start from scratch with the whole group for the GF.

Meh. I got tunnel vision hardcore. Worst I've ever played, and town won in spite of me. I'll take it.

I. Played. Awful.

Sharrow and of course ultimately Vic saved me. I didn't focus, wasn't making sense of numbers (great job by a "smart guy" eh? LOL), got so focused in on the ALMOSTS and not the certains. I did rather enjoy the spirit garbage on Day 1 though...that was just great fun for me. I honestly think I ignored everything I usually do in these games to focus on staying alive and getting those vote totals. In retrospect, I should have just played like I play every game, and use the numbers as extra. I almost came out 3 or 4 times, but right as I was about to reveal I found one more combination that was possible. I understand the frustration in the dead thread, but there were seriously quite a few combinations til right at the end, and I STILL chose the wrong one. Smash was the right choice, then go after SMC/Vic. Then start from scratch with the whole group for the GF.

Meh. I got tunnel vision hardcore. Worst I've ever played, and town won in spite of me. I'll take it.

You listened to your heart. In the end you helped in sealing it.

And I'm sorry if

You guys think it's cheap that I appeal to emotion. I really tried providing a case for wombat. I feel like I did less emotion stuff against SMC but wombat had me in a corner. I wanted to win.

I'll tell you the same thing I was prepared to say if you were scum. It was brilliant. You did everything you could, and Pac's point in the dead thread is perfect -- had it been probably anyone but you I couldn't have been swayed. The entire time while debating I couldn't help but think about getting worked by Dan and Sharrow already this season, but I genuinely believed you.

And @Wombat. Dude that was brilliant. Did a quick read-through of the scum thread, you played lights out. Looking back I should have jumped down your throat about the "I won't die" comment or whatever it was you said that I took as you hinting you were doc, once Sharrow revealed/died. Hindsight though, and nothing but.

fyi -

TOWN

HESS - You are the Hector the Toad (Town Junkie). You are looking for scum with the rest of the town but have a bit of a drug problem. You’ll do anything to get your fix of White Horse.

On days 2 and 4 only, Tonys crew is going to give you your taste - but you’ll be required to vote for who they tell you. This is non-negotiable – you MUST vote who they tell you (I’ll PM you the name). Once you’ve been instructed who to target you must vote that person and not switch the remainder of the day.

Don’t try to extrapolate too much from who you’re instructed to vote for. If they are smart they may have you vote one of them to throw you off … or they may not.

APE - You are Omar Suarez (Town Contractor). You really are a conniving sleezeball - but are nothing if not resourceful. You have figured out a way to earn either a 1 time Vig Shot that can be used at your leisure OR, a 1 night vest where you must pick the day/night to wear it. If you choose the vest it will be good for whatever full day and night you choose.

In order to get your NA you must FOS every single player in the game (except yourself) on Day 1. You are not allowed to post more than 2 FOS’s in any 1 post and no FOS’s can be done in “jokey” form. FOS’s must be bolded but you don’t have to write a supporting reason.

If you've earned your power, it will be granted to you at the start of Day 2. If you choose not to earn your NA, you can play the game as a roleless townie.

SHARROW - You are Elvira Hancock (Town Doc). Tony wants to be with you but you hate that ******* animal. Each night you’ll be able to protect any player of your choosing from his murderous ways.

Your protection is good for night phases only.

DPR - You are Pedro Quinn (Egomaniacal Townie). You are quite fond of yourself and aren’t afraid to let everyone know about it.

You have the ability to earn a 1 time Vig shot to be granted on Day 4. In order to get your shot you must occasionally remind everyone how good a player you really are. This can be done sporadically each day phase - days 1 thru 3. There isn’t a requirement in terms of # of posts but a few mentions a day will suffice.

If you earn your single shot, you will be able to use it any time (day or night) beginning at the start of Day 4.

CTM - You are the Filthy Cakaroach (hard to kill townie)

You have 1 night BP and require 2 extra votes in order to be lynched.

- If you survive to a field of 10 or less players, the requirement is lowered to 1 extra vote.

- If you make it to the final 5 you can be lynched normally.

JF80 - You are the Taco Stand Cook (Fat Townie). You win with the town and are trying to kill scum.

As a fat man, you are able to eat 1 vote on your train. As such - an extra vote will be required in order for you to be lynched.

AVM - You are Mama Montana (Town Sensor). You win with the town.

You hate what Tony has turned into and are determined to bring him to justice. Each night you will receive a PM letting you know how many scum aligned players were on the lynch bandwagon the previous day.

DAN X - You are Luis (Hard luck Townie). You are hunting scum and win with the town.

Unfortunately, luck has never been on your side. If at any point you get to L1, you will die.

You are forbidden to reveal your situation or you’ll be mod killed.

Sorry… but you are the hard luck townie. ; )

TOM SHANE - You are Jerry The Banker (town swindler). You are trying to kill scum with the rest of the town but have an added perk.

Any day of your choosing you can attempt to “buy” a players vote. This is only a 1 time action but can be used on any day.

How it works is you simply let me know who’s vote you’re attempting to buy, and who you want them to vote; ie “Buy Hess’ vote and tell him to vote CTM”.

I will PM whoever you choose and let them know someone is trying to purchase their vote for the gift of a night action (Vig shot, 1 night protection, etc). If they accept, I’ll let them know who to vote for. Note: this will be done anonymously - they won't know it's you who is trying to buy their vote.

The funny thing is if they accept the deal they’ll be expecting their gift that night. I’ll simply let them know you’ve reneged and they’re sh*t out of luck. You win, they lose – just like a real banker.

SLATS - You are Matos (Town Hider). You win with the town and are hunting scum.

Every other night you may choose another person to hide behind (starting N1). If someone tries to kill you while you’re hiding, the kill will fail. If the person you are hiding behind is killed, you both die.

BRETT - You are Armando (Town Gunsmith). You win with the town.

Starting night 3 and every night after, you will be able to PM me the name of a player and I will let you know if they are carrying a weapon.

SONG/VIC - You are Julia (Town Inventor). You win with the town.

On day 1 you will build a Vest that will protect you from 1 gunshot. You can choose to keep this for yourself or give to another player. This is only a 1 time protection that will start on night 1.

VERB - You are Javier (Town Thief). You win with the town.

On any night of your choosing, you can attempt to steal from another player. IF they are carrying a gun, you will be able to take it from them for the night and use it as you see fit.

Your power can only be used once and the request has to come at night.

NAEANN - You are Fernando (1 time investigator). You win with the town.

On any 1 night you will be able to investigate a player in the game. This doesn’t have to be used right away but must be used no later than Day 5. If you do not use it by then it will be forfeited.

JETSCODE - You are Francisco (FBI Agent). You win with the town. You are looking for the SK and each night can PM me a guess.

Your investigative powers will only work on the SK.

BG - You are Mel Bernstein (Town Cop). Each night PM me the name of the person you’d like investigated and I will let you know if they are town or non-town

SK's

JVOR -You are Manny Ribera (SK). You thought Tony had your back but that sonovabitch doesn’t trust you with his sister. Your goal is to kill off both town and scum so you and Gina can live in peace. PM me a name each night of who you’d like killed.

Gina Montana is your mistress and is waiting for you to find her. Each night you can PM me a guess of who you think she is. Once you find her, I’ll send you both a link to a private chat where you’ll be able to strategize.

If you are to perish before her, she will take over the killing and look to seek revenge on anyone and everyone left. In the event one of you dies, you’ll both be sent a link for you to communicate. Your team can still win if 1 of you makes it out alive.

Since the field is vast I have given Gina a clue to alert you to who she is… Look for any mention of a movie(s) that the actress who played Gina may have been in.

JIF - You are Gina Montana (SK Mistress). All you want is for you and your lover Manny Ribera to live in peace. Manny is the SK and is looking to kill both scum and town so you can be together.

Manny will be looking for you. Each night he will PM me a guess of who you are and if finds you, you’ll both be sent a link to a private chat.

If Manny is killed before you, you will grab his gun and seek revenge by taking over as the SK.

The field is vast so I have given Manny a clue to look for. I told him you will try and mention a movie(s) that the actress who played Gina Montana may have been in. Be careful with your signaling. If you make it too obvious you may put yourself in the town, and/or scums, crosshairs.

SCUM TEAM

WOMBAT - You are Tony Montana (Scum Godfather w/ 1 time Vest). Your teammates are Chi Chi ( Smash ), and Frank Lopez ( SMC ).

There is also an individual in hiding who is sympathetic to your cause and knows each of your true identities. Each night your team can PM me the name of the player you think that might be and if you’re correct they will be sent a link to join your chat. Whether you find them or not, that person wins with your team.

There’s also a Town Junkie… This pathetic slob is so interested in getting a fix he’ll do whatever you say. On days 2 and 4 you will be able to instruct that player (through me) who to vote for. Simply mention it in your chat and I will PM that person to let them know who they are voting for. Once they cast that vote they will be forbidden to switch.

1 more thing.. Tony likes the white horse but is a notorious hot head when he’s high. On Day 3 you’re going to go on a coke binge… Exactly 10 hours (real time) from opening day scene you will be able to PM me the name of a player to kill. This will be done instantly and won’t count against your night kills.

Here is a link to your chat:

SMASH - You are Chi Chi (Scum Suicide Bomber). Your Teammates are Tony Montana ( WWwombat ), and Frank Lopez (SMC ). There is also an individual in hiding who is sympathetic to your cause and knows each of your true identities. Each night your team can PM me the name of the player you think that might be and if you’re correct they will be sent a link to join your chat. Whether you find them or not, that person wins with your team.

As the Suicide Bomber you will be able to sacrifice yourself while killing another player at any point in the game. If you choose to use your power simply indicate so in the chat. This can only be used during the day.

SMC - You are Frank Lopez (Scum Framer with a 1 time vest). Your teammates are Tony Montana ( WWwombat ), and Chi Chi (Smash ).

There is also an individual in hiding who is sympathetic to your cause and knows each of your true identities. Each night your team can PM me the name of the player you think that might be and if you’re correct they will be sent a link to join your chat. Whether you find them or not, that person wins with your team.

Each night you will be able to give me the name of a player to frame. If they are investigated they will show as guilty.

CRUSHER - You are Ernie (Hidden Mafia Symp). You win with the scum team which is comprised of Tony Montana (WWwombat), Frank Lopez (SMC), and Chi Chi (Smash). The mafia knows you are out there but doesn’t know who you are. Each night they will PM a guess and if they find you, I will PM you a link to join them in the scum chat.

They’re going to be looking out for you but be careful. If you’re not subtle with your signaling to them you risk exposing yourself and teammates.

Just finished the scum thread - ya'll worked together like a well-oiled machine, and you almost had it. Wombat played the hell out of the GF.

Great modding and scenes from Pac. I hear what SMC is saying about game balance, but imo, the proof is in the play. Anytime you have a 20+ player game that runs all of the way down to the last few players, and includes players really using their roles strategically, then the game was balanced. Awesome job.

You would have gotten an A+ if not for those 2 glaring glitches and the fact that it was 4 vs. 18 which made the game dreadfully imbalanced (PLUS, the scum team only had 3 players and needed to find the symp).

BTW, the players in the dead thread know why I shot Hess rather than AVM. I gambled on the frame/sensor roles working properly. AVM claimed that he couldn't see the GF in the sensor. If the GF is invisible in the sensor, then it bears to reason that a frame should work on the sensor as well. I asked Pac this and he said he couldn't confirm or deny anything. As we all know it didn't.

WWWWWombat did a great job to keep the game going after that, but the game was lost after the AVM situation. It was my mistake. I should have taken the safe route and not relied on the mod.

You redefine bitterness every game.

all out of negative rep... I don't think you'll get much sympathy from the town. Many of their power roles were gimped in some way and you guys had 2 vests, an extra day kill, a GF, and a suicide bomber, a townie you could coerce, and AVM could NOT SEE Wombat on any trains.

If YOU had shot AVM instead of taking your "educated risk" you probably win.

Got that covered for you.

That was another brilliant play by WWWWombat. He gambled that I28 was full of sh*t and he was right.

I wasn't full of crap. I did have a BPV, I used it though on like D4 or something... hindsight, I should have taken the vig shot, but I didn't. I would have shot CTM, at least it would have been fun. I had to actually time my use of the vest perfectly. It wasn't the kind where I survived the first kill attempt on me... I had to "put the vest on" for the same day/night I got targeted. Mostly a useless vest.

This is dragging on forever... sh*t or get off the pot.

SMC's bussed himself on Smash. Wombat is being opportunistic with is reveal today.

I think they are the last 2.

I think CTM is an idiot. I think Vic is fighting the good fight, and has argued like a townie. I think AVM 100% deserves the win if he made up that role.

last page it was me and vic, now it's smc and wwwombat?

Heh.

CTM we ruined each other this game.

Thanks. All kidding aside and regardless of the disagreement, you did an awesome job putting this game together and modding it as a first time mod. The scenes were fantastic.

That said (:D) I do have a suggestion for future JN Mods: Game mechanics should never be a PAFO. That's like playing baseball and not being told if there is a DH or not. There are certain things that should be PAFO, such as anything that will affect a reveal. But things like whether a roleblock will override a vest or how a sensor works should be fully explained. That way, the players will decide who wins the game rather than on what they think the mod is doing.

It's just like game officials in NFL, NBA, etc. Let the players decide it on the board.

I should have known you were scum right on D1 when I accidentally revealed, and then Pac PM'ed me that you did the same thing and he didn't count it.

Your giving him a hard time, but he did you a favor there.

I should have known you were scum right on D1 when I accidentally revealed, and then Pac PM'ed me that you did the same thing and he didn't count it.

I have no clue how Pac could say that I revealed on D1. Rookie mistake on his part.

Other players talking about a player's role, PR, etc. is NOT a reveal by that player.

Regardless, this was a well played game all around, which impressed me.

I have no clue how Pac could say that I revealed on D1. Rookie mistake on his part.

Other players talking about a player's role, PR, etc. is NOT a reveal by that player.

Regardless, this was a well played game all around, which impressed me.

I didn't say you revealed you doosh. I said you were hinting at it and coming close. There were a # of complaints about your antics with regards to the deputy half reveal nonsense though. Many in your thread thought you should have been whacked for it. I took mercy on you because I realize circumventing the rules is in your nature and you meant no harm.

I didn't say you revealed you doosh. I said you were hinting at it and coming close. There were a # of complaints about your antics with regards to the deputy half reveal nonsense though. Many in your thread thought you should have been whacked for it. I took mercy on you because I realize circumventing the rules is in your nature and you meant no harm.

Then you're either saying I28 is fibbing or that he is misremembering. Look at I28's post:

I28 is saying that you told him I revealed. THAT is what I called a rookie mistake.

As to the deputy thing, yeah, I know I was stretching the rules there.

Then you're either calling I28 a liar or that he is misremembering. Look at I28's post:

I28 is saying that you told him I revealed. THAT is what I called a rookie mistake.

As to the deputy thing, yeah, I know I was stretching the rules there.

Stop lawyerin' it... here is what was said in our PMs:

PAC:

dude I'm really close to counting that as a reveal.. you're not saying it earned you something but are basically telling them I made you do it.

I don't want to be a jerk but any reason I shouldn't count it as a reveal? not trying to be argumentative just wanted to hear you out before just saying it counts as a reveal on thread.

Me:

Role reveals are usually just that, role reveals. I assumed I would have to say I am "town contractor" for it to be a reveal.

Post restrictions or deals offered by the mod, which is kinda what this is, aren't usually counted as role reveals.

I know its subjective, sorta. So, do what you need to do... its your game, you know me, I'm not going to whine about it. I'm trying to be cryptic, so I can get more votes on me... then I will reveal. I want to grow my train first. So maybe just wait and see how it goes???

PAC:

sorry man I just did it cause I didn't hear from you... when you say it's a PR and the mod made you do it people are apt to believe that thus making lynching you a low probability..

but ****in SMC just did the same thing so no more reveals.

BUT... you can now say all the details of your role if you want to.

He went on to explain the difference between what you were saying and I was saying... but lucky for you he took time to rethink it. He did you a favor, like I said, by not being impulsive. The fact that he labored to find a reason NOT to count yours, should have cued me into you being scum.

Stop lawyerin' it... here is what was said in our PMs:

He went on to explain the difference between what you were saying and I was saying... but lucky for you he took time to rethink it. He did you a favor, like I said, by not being impulsive. The fact that he labored to find a reason NOT to count yours, should have cued me into you being scum.

I get what you're saying BUT you're forgetting that a fake reveal counts as a real reveal when there is a reveal limit. So what Pac told you wouldn't have cued you that I was scum.

In other words, my fake deputy reveal counted as a reveal the next day. There is no way a mod can ignore a reveal because it was faked.

Anyway, the PR was fun but also a pain in the a$$ trying to come up with stuff to complain about.

Archived