Scarface Mafia - The World is Yours

Pac

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's bullsh*t, I28, to claim that you have a PM from PacMod talking about me or any other player.

That's not in the spirit of the game.

Also, Smash is spot on: the reveal was 100% voluntary as PacMod pointed out (#580). There was nothing wrong with I28 doing the "full" reveal after that as PacMod already ruled what was done as a reveal earlier (which was proper since I28 claimed it was PacMod making him do things).

Last, I agree with CTM in the lynch should be either I28 or someone else. We can't afford to have a third person involved who, because of I28's premature ejaculation is prohibitted from defending himself or herself.

Also... because this will probably never happen again so I wanted ya'll to see the proof of it...

Member name Posts

Jetsfan80 48

Integrity28 47

AVM 44

CTM 40

Naeann 39

Pac2566 39

Dan X 36

D P R 31

Jets Voice of Reason 29

Song of Ice and Fire 28

HessStation 26

The Crusher 22

SMC 21

T0mShane 19

Sharrow 19

JiF 18

slats 16

Bleedin Green 14

WWWWombat 13

Smashmouth 10

brettw4rd 7

Verbal 7

Jetscode1 7

Hey Nae ..... :P

Adios mio, I'm not going to re-quote and go point for point with the ape. But c'mon, man. I've said over and over that you were the first player to do anything worth discussing, so it got discussed. If your cage got rattled a little bit, well, that's kinda the point of the game. The reason to insinuate that someone is scum is to see if they will grab their pee-pee, hop around and cry that they are not - you know the deal.

Half of what you said about is word-twisting, which is also how the game is played, but it's a mite hypocritical.

Anyway, I'm sure your vote on Brett is a positive move for the town and will turn up lots. <_<

I always grab my pee-pee and hop around. But I don't cry.

And yeah, voting Brett or any other inactive at this point is better than chipping away at D1 with back-and-forth between you, me and JF80. Chances are the actual scum is on the sidelines laughing.

Why don't we look at what type of information town will get by lynching me.

1. They'll find out I am town.

2. They'll find out I have a vest.

3. They'll lynch you for voting and driving the lynch on me after I revealed with points 1 and 2.

Like I said, I think you are scum that went all in on trying to push my lynch - or you are really, really rusty at this game.

You realize because all the focus is on you, me and JF80... everyone even Slats, JIF and Crusher, are flying under the radar?

It's bullsh*t, I28, to claim that you have a PM from PacMod talking about me or any other player.

That's not in the spirit of the game.

Also, Smash is spot on: the reveal was 100% voluntary as PacMod pointed out (#580). There was nothing wrong with I28 doing the "full" reveal after that as PacMod already ruled what was done as a reveal earlier (which was proper since I28 claimed it was PacMod making him do things).

Last, I agree with CTM in the lynch should be either I28 or someone else. We can't afford to have a third person involved who, because of I28's premature ejaculation is prohibitted from defending himself or herself.

Whatever. I told him I was going to do it just to make the dig at you for also being dumb enough to accidentally reveal.

Sucks that lunch is still 3 hrs away

You realize because all the focus is on you, me and JF80... everyone even Slats, JIF and Crusher, are flying under the radar?

That must be one broken radar.

^^^ 1st oversight on my reveal conditions, however, I think this was sarcasm. Not sure. He quoted my "full" reveal when he said this.

That was obviously a joke. Acting like you didnt know it wasnt is just as bad as you lying that you didnt know revealing a PR was the same as a reveal. You have completely ignored me every time I've brought it up. I've said numerous times in this thread, that last game I made it very clear in the game thread and in the dead thread (where we argued about my decision) that Vic/AvmMod told me revealing a pr would count as a reveal, hence why I full revealed. Pac got the damn idea from them. You are lying and you have completely drawn all focus to you, when last game I did the reveal to take the focus off me and get back to to scum hunting. At this point, I dont find you valuable even with your vest...there is wayyy to much conversation going on around you and at this point, I think it benefits us all for you to die (which goes against my philosphy of keeping around revealed town powers on day 1, lie or not)and move on.

Unvote

Vote Ape

JiF is crazy. It works out for him a lot (more often than he gets credit for, honestly), and aside from the fact that being the FIRST it is plausible it was a mistake. By the fourth time, I start to believe people are merely going off what was said by another townie.

I dont know what this means.

Dude, its day 1, and you're acting a fool. Your actions are allowing anyone who wants to, to fly under the radar, because you've created a sh*t storm revolved around your play which is based no a lie.

That was obviously a joke. Acting like you didnt know it wasnt is just as bad as you lying that you didnt know revealing a PR was the same as a reveal. You have completely ignored me every time I've brought it up. I've said numerous times in this thread, that last game I made it very clear in the game thread and in the dead thread (where we argued about my decision) that Vic/AvmMod told me revealing a pr would count as a reveal, hence why I full revealed. Pac got the damn idea from them. You are lying and you have completely drawn all focus to you, when last game I did the reveal to take the focus off me and get back to to scum hunting. At this point, I dont find you valuable even with your vest...there is wayyy to much conversation going on around you and at this point, I think it benefits us all for you to die (which goes against my philosphy of keeping around revealed town powers on day 1, lie or not)and move on.

Unvote

Vote Ape

I dont know what this means.

I haven't ignored you Jif, and I didn't lie about not knowing a PR was a reveal.

I said I did NOT have a PR anyway, you should pay attention.

Pac counted it as a reveal because I said "the mod made me" as it was part of a deal, not a restriction. I had to do something to earn the vest.

Dude, its day 1, and you're acting a fool. Your actions are allowing anyone who wants to, to fly under the radar, because you've created a sh*t storm revolved around your play which is based no a lie.

Its D1, the game talked about penis for 18 pages, and then I got us started by kicking a hornets nest. You act like this doesn't happen every game.

Now that things are in motion, I'll settle in.

You've already abandoned your list of reasons to vote me? Now you are just opting for what might be the worst rationale I've ever seen anyone give for a serious vote. The whole point of Pac having me FOS the whole game was to draw attention to me.

You started off by saying I was bad to keep alive because 1.) its me, and 2.) because I'm terrible in "end game," and now you are adding to it 3.) he draws attention to himself? :rolleyes:

For the record, this JF80 has only seen me in 2 end games: Clue, where I helped clear Slats and we wrapped up a town win. Police Academy where I, like everyone, got worked by Dan. I'm batting .500 in end games. Furthermore, it is D1 right now... what the **** are we talking about end game for? (The other games he's seen me play are Transformers where I was scum, Wrestling where I tracked/caught Vic on N1, also figured out JVOR and CTM as scum, and Alchemist where I figured out the SK and 3/4 of scum team by D2 and then JF80 himself SK'ed me. So his premise for "I28 is terrible in endgame" is retarded, and my track record is much better than the monkey stigma that he's trying to exploit right now.)

The reason I type all this out? I'm long-winded... AND this STINKS like first time scum trying to metagame me based on the slander others use game in and game out and failing at it miserably.

Worst of all, he isn't even doing it right. It goes like this "I28 is scums MVP, most valuable primate - he'll lead the town on lynches of townies and do scums work for them. He is the worst player in teh mafia like evarrrghhhh"

FOS this guy again.

Methinks he doth blahblahblah

1. They'll find out I am town.

2. They'll find out I have a vest.

3. They'll lynch you for voting and driving the lynch on me after I revealed with points 1 and 2.

I doubt 3 happens, even if 1 and 2 are true. Lynching townies on day 1 is to be expected

I doubt 3 happens, even if 1 and 2 are true. Lynching townies on day 1 is to be expected

While you may be true, the point I'm making isn't far off... what "information" other than DPR led a lynch on a bulletproof townie does he hope to garner?

I haven't ignored you Jif, and I didn't lie about not knowing a PR was a reveal.

I said I did NOT have a PR anyway, you should pay attention.

Pac counted it as a reveal because I said "the mod made me" as it was part of a deal, not a restriction. I had to do something to earn the vest.

It was a form of a PR, I'm using that term to keep it simple. Either way, we talked about this at length in both threads last game and you're acting oblivious and I dont buy it. I just dont see keeping you around as a good thing anymore. Too much talk about the Monkey which is exactly what we dont need because its exactly how scum slides to victory and exactly how you've earned Most Valuable Primate title. I've watched it from a far as scum and I dont see it going away with out lynching you.

Its D1, the game talked about penis for 18 pages, and then I got us started by kicking a hornets nest. You act like this doesn't happen every game.

This is counter productive. Thats the problem.

While you may be true, the point I'm making isn't far off... what "information" other than DPR led a lynch on a bulletproof townie does he hope to garner?

well, i'm voting jf80 cause i think we need another train. I hate this reveal restriction, but honestly, many mods outlaw mass reveals cause they are too powerful (even though everyone here seems to think they favor scum)..

The reality is that we lynch blind (which i don't want to do) or we choose between your reveal and the next guy/girl/jif that reveals. So pragmatically, you stand a good chance of dieing by being stupid and insisting on continuing to talk about your deal..

well, i'm voting jf80 cause i think we need another train. I hate this reveal restriction, but honestly, many mods outlaw mass reveals cause they are too powerful (even though everyone here seems to think they favor scum)..

Wait, so we need 3 trains? Where is the logic in that? Force either me or DPR to use up the last reveal, then run up the 3rd person and maybe kill a town power role off without a chance to defend?

Wait, so we need 3 trains? Where is the logic in that? Force either me or DPR to use up the last reveal, then run up the 3rd person and maybe kill a town power role off without a chance to defend?

Where did i say run up a third train? In fact, i said, I plan to vote for one of the reveals

Where did i say run up a third train? In fact, i said, I plan to vote for one of the reveals

You didn't, but currently there are 3 trains. I28 (5 votes), me (4 votes) and DPR (4 votes). Logically, you should have been voting DPR just now to make it 5 and 5.

The reality is that we lynch blind (which i don't want to do) or we choose between your reveal and the next guy/girl/jif that reveals. So pragmatically, you stand a good chance of dieing by being stupid and insisting on continuing to talk about your deal..

Something had to be done to balance it out. Most games we play here has townies getting individually tailored roles with finite characters (which is fine) but then you run into the problem of having scum unable to hide anywhere. If they hold off on revealing you narrow down the pool easily (which happened in the wrestling game) and if you reveal and counter, town has a bajillion mislynches that you're basically fighting a losing battle with a counterclaim. As it is, it seems to me like 1/4 out of the total players being scum doesn't quite match up in balance in larger game as it does in smaller games due to the high amount of mislynches town has at their disposal. Since we ballooned to 20+ players a pop, it hasn't seemed to work out very well. Just my 2 cents.

Back to the game, I get why Integrity is getting a lot of heat. He's obviously one of two reveals. But the way he's defending makes me lean town. His reveal took a natural progression and he seems legitimately intent on finding out who's acting scummy. At the very least, he doesn't ping me as particularly scummy to want to lynch him. I'd rather lynch one of the other leading candidates. (DPR or J80)

Why does he have to be pigeon holed right now? Deadline isn't until tomorrow tonight. You both were easily close enough in votes to not make much of a difference.

I was merely wondering why CTM was contributing to a 3rd train and saying that we "needed another train". Seems he was ignorant to the fact that there WERE three trains so the point is now moot.

The biggest gain of the D1 lynch is always info - unless you get lucky, and hit scum, which everybody knows is rare - and the best way to get info is to look at the topic that the most people have expressed opinions about. That way, no matter which way the lynch goes, we can look at comments and track records and start building cases.

At this point, the I28 reveal is the biggest topic discussed, and the most people have commented on it, so it makes sense that we would learn the most from an I28 lynch.

- If he lynches roleless town, then we know that he was telling the truth, and most likely telling the truth about being offered a chance to earn a vest. That would be good to know - the alternative is that he's lying, and that he was given a PR - and IMO, it would be important to know whether we can expect other "gifts for tasks" from the mod, or whether he's making the whole thing up as a distraction and a cover ( It's possible that Pac has given the mafia team PR's to out them as mafia - I've done that before as mod. So, this entire dynamic wouldbe good to confirm.)

- The other benefit is that we wipe this argument clean, and move on to the next. Unless I'm misunderstanding the rules, we have to lynch someone, and at least we have a reasonable expectation that monkey-brain is not a power role, so he actually makes the best candidate for lynch. The alternative is that we poke around and make someone else reveal, possible outing a power role, and likely creating more confusion. So, IMO, keeping the arguments seperate, and proving them out would make sense.

Again, fwiw, that's all just my opinion. But, it's how I see it, so I'm leaving my vote on the ape. Whatever happens, happens.

Something had to be done to balance it out. Most games we play here has townies getting individually tailored roles with finite characters (which is fine) but then you run into the problem of having scum unable to hide anywhere. If they hold off on revealing you narrow down the pool easily (which happened in the wrestling game) and if you reveal and counter, town has a bajillion mislynches that you're basically fighting a losing battle with a counterclaim. As it is, it seems to me like 1/4 out of the total players being scum doesn't quite match up in balance in larger game as it does in smaller games due to the high amount of mislynches town has at their disposal. Since we ballooned to 20+ players a pop, it hasn't seemed to work out very well. Just my 2 cents.

Back to the game, I get why Integrity is getting a lot of heat. He's obviously one of two reveals. But the way he's defending makes me lean town. His reveal took a natural progression and he seems legitimately intent on finding out who's acting scummy. At the very least, he doesn't ping me as particularly scummy to want to lynch him. I'd rather lynch one of the other leading candidates. (DPR or J80)

I agree with this, and is why I'm voting for DPR. However, I think the Ape is missing something that DPR was pointing out. He wasn't saying that it makes no sense for a townie to have a vest, he was saying it makes no sense for a roleless townie to have a vest. That, it appears to me, is causing some confusion on the Ape's part when responding to DPR.

Also... because this will probably never happen again so I wanted ya'll to see the proof of it...

Member name Posts

Jetsfan80 48

Integrity28 47

AVM 44

CTM 40

Naeann 39

Pac2566 39

Dan X 36

D P R 31

Jets Voice of Reason 29

Song of Ice and Fire 28

HessStation 26

The Crusher 22

SMC 21

T0mShane 19

Sharrow 19

JiF 18

slats 16

Bleedin Green 14

WWWWombat 13

Smashmouth 10

brettw4rd 7

Verbal 7

Jetscode1 7

Hehe, nice. I'll catch you, though. I start out slow and then finish in a flurry. And yes, that's what she said.

The biggest gain of the D1 lynch is always info - unless you get lucky, and hit scum, which everybody knows is rare - and the best way to get info is to look at the topic that the most people have expressed opinions about. That way, no matter which way the lynch goes, we can look at comments and track records and start building cases.

At this point, the I28 reveal is the biggest topic discussed, and the most people have commented on it, so it makes sense that we would learn the most from an I28 lynch.

- If he lynches roleless town, then we know that he was telling the truth, and most likely telling the truth about being offered a chance to earn a vest. That would be good to know - the alternative is that he's lying, and that he was given a PR - and IMO, it would be important to know whether we can expect other "gifts for tasks" from the mod, or whether he's making the whole thing up as a distraction and a cover ( It's possible that Pac has given the mafia team PR's to out them as mafia - I've done that before as mod. So, this entire dynamic wouldbe good to confirm.)

- The other benefit is that we wipe this argument clean, and move on to the next. Unless I'm misunderstanding the rules, we have to lynch someone, and at least we have a reasonable expectation that monkey-brain is not a power role, so he actually makes the best candidate for lynch. The alternative is that we poke around and make someone else reveal, possible outing a power role, and likely creating more confusion. So, IMO, keeping the arguments seperate, and proving them out would make sense.

Again, fwiw, that's all just my opinion. But, it's how I see it, so I'm leaving my vote on the ape. Whatever happens, happens.

I think you've explained your rationale sufficiently. Who else stands out to you in this game?

I think you've explained your rationale sufficiently. Who else stands out to you in this game?

On D1? Low-layers, obviously. It's almost a guarantee that around 3 mafia are just drive-by posting.

Nae and Verb are bugging me because they are familiar with the points I'm making, but both are playing a bit differently than usual, so I'm not sure what to think of it yet.

At this point, I'm mostly trying to figure out who has what PR's, and what purpose those are intended to serve.

Watchu got?

The lone alternative to this is a majority vote for "no lynch", unless I'm mistaken.

I was under the impression that a no lynch was not allowed. Also, in this case, it would be useless, IMO.

I agree with this, and is why I'm voting for DPR. However, I think the Ape is missing something that DPR was pointing out. He wasn't saying that it makes no sense for a townie to have a vest, he was saying it makes no sense for a roleless townie to have a vest. That, it appears to me, is causing some confusion on the Ape's part when responding to DPR.

I see what you are saying... let me try to explain this again, then I'm leaving the subject alone because its become way too much of a rat hole.

My role is town contractor, it allows me to make a deal with the mod. I perform a task (FOS everyone on D1) and I get something in return. I got a vest. I ONLY had the opportunity to make the deal on D1, so it was a D1 power/ability if you will. If I didn't make the deal, then I wouldn't get the vest, or be able to make a deal after D1... that is when I'd become roleless.

I NEVER said I was roleless to start, its how DPR interpreted it, I said I would have become roleless had I turned down the deal.

On D1? Low-layers, obviously. It's almost a guarantee that around 3 mafia are just drive-by posting.

Nae and Verb are bugging me because they are familiar with the points I'm making, but both are playing a bit differently than usual, so I'm not sure what to think of it yet.

At this point, I'm mostly trying to figure out who has what PR's, and what purpose those are intended to serve.

Watchu got?

A lot of people are laying low, and some are people that usually are right out in front. I feel like CTM's doing what he always gives me crap for and is going for the "easy lynches" It strikes me as odd that he's not poking his ugly head into more people by now.

A lot of people are laying low, and some are people that usually are right out in front. I feel like CTM's doing what he always gives me crap for and is going for the "easy lynches" It strikes me as odd that he's not poking his ugly head into more people by now.

This.

Sorry for revealing guys. I don't agree, but its not my game to mod.

Here is my full reveal - I wanted to discuss semantics with our mod before posting...

I am the Town Contractor. (Yeah, I've never heard of this role either. <_< Pac = doosh.)

Basically, I was offered a deal to complete a task to earn a role/ability. Obviously the task would put me at risk of lynch. By accepting the deal, I had to FOS every player in the game except myself on D1. No more than 2 of you at a time (in a single post). In exchange I received a bulletproof vest. If I chose not to do this deal, then I would have stayed a roleless townie.

I'm pretty sure Pac wanted my FOS peppered in throughout D1 so I'd get a ton of pressure, and then reveal with a role nobody has ever heard of. Deviant ****er. That is why I FOS'ed in one huge cluster, so it'd be obvious it was mod-driven. Not sure why JVOR had to play 20 questions about it...

Anyway, when I re-read tonight I'll be looking at those that hopped on my train and those that would leave well enough alone about why I FOS'ed the whole game. I figure that'll serve as a decent starting point. I had hoped my train would get longer before I had to reveal, but no luck...

Dude, if what you say is true, then you were offered a one-time deal by the mod, and are now a roleless townie? Right? I'll have to re-read, but I swear I remember you saying it was a one shot deal...

Archived