Scarface Mafia - The World is Yours

Pac

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see what you are saying... let me try to explain this again, then I'm leaving the subject alone because its become way too much of a rat hole.

My role is town contractor, it allows me to make a deal with the mod. I perform a task (FOS everyone on D1) and I get something in return. I got a vest. I ONLY had the opportunity to make the deal on D1, so it was a D1 power/ability if you will. If I didn't make the deal, then I wouldn't get the vest, or be able to make a deal after D1... that is when I'd become roleless.

I NEVER said I was roleless to start, its how DPR interpreted it, I said I would have become roleless had I turned down the deal.

Also, are you saying that your "role" of "Town Contractor" is what allowed you to make your deal? That's starting to make a lot less sense to me...why have a role like that? How many other people have a role like that? It would have to be alot, to balance the game. I'm feeling very strongly that at least part of your story is a lie, and every time you post, I like your explanations a little less. This is starting to smell like ape-sh*t to me.

And why keep saying that you are going ot let it go, and then keep popping up with more details?

My vote stays.

Dude, if what you say is true, then you were offered a one-time deal by the mod, and are now a roleless townie? Right? I'll have to re-read, but I swear I remember you saying it was a one shot deal...

I said FOS'ing the whole town was a one-time thing.

I said I had a D1 deal with the mod, and earned a vest. I have the vest, making me a bulletproof townie. Not sure what you don't understand about this.

Also, are you saying that your "role" of "Town Contractor" is what allowed you to make your deal? That's starting to make a lot less sense to me...why have a role like that? How many other people have a role like that? It would have to be alot, to balance the game. I'm feeling very strongly that at least part of your story is a lie, and every time you post, I like your explanations a little less. This is starting to smell like ape-sh*t to me.

And why keep saying that you are going ot let it go, and then keep popping up with more details?

My vote stays.

We have absolutely NO idea what Pac put in the game for balance ... I don't know why you keep basing arguments off of this. And as far as I'm concerned, it helps the scum more than town to know every little detail of Integrity's role.

My vote stays.

You keep asking questions, so I answer them.

When I have to explain the same thing over and over to you, the explanations are naturally going to get worse. There's only so many ways I can explain it before it becomes diluted and you start poking holes in it... which is clearly your intent.

We have absolutely NO idea what Pac put in the game for balance ... I don't know why you keep basing arguments off of this. And as far as I'm concerned, it helps the scum more than town to know every little detail of Integrity's role.

To add ... i'm not saying there won't come more questions later on, but for now, I think there will be a bunch of wacky roles in this game, so it's hard to center arguments on balance.

To add ... i'm not saying there won't come more questions later on, but for now, I think there will be a bunch of wacky roles in this game, so it's hard to center arguments on balance.

Its hard to center arguments on balance, and its hard to make the case to want to lynch me for information, when all it would really do is bring D1 to a close without ANYONE ELSE getting real heat... but he's still trying to do both.

Ape is either lying and therefore retarded or just plain retarded. First of all, your reveal was voluntary because the PR as you have explained it is part of the role you explained. Which brings me to a question for PacMod:

Suppose a townie had a PR but it was not part of his or her role. Would revealing that PR count as a reveal for your purposes?

Secondly, claiming you have a vest as an otherwise roleless townie is retarded and selfish. In trying to get the mafia to not target you, you have narrowed down their targets for power roles. Good job.

Secondly, claiming you have a vest as an otherwise roleless townie is retarded and selfish. In trying to get the mafia to not target you, you have narrowed down their targets for power roles. Good job.

+ 1. Hell, even when I was the SK last game I didn't mention that I had a bulletproof. Its a stupid thing to admit. I28 should have mentioned vaguely that he got "some kind of power" to draw a NK attempt.

Ape is either lying and therefore retarded or just plain retarded. First of all, your reveal was voluntary because the PR as you have explained it is part of the role you explained. Which brings me to a question for PacMod:

Suppose a townie had a PR but it was not part of his or her role. Would revealing that PR count as a reveal for your purposes?

I'm not re-explaining what I've said about this.

It is what it is. I am not without reason.

+ 1. Hell, even when I was the SK last game I didn't mention that I had a bulletproof. Its a stupid thing to admit. I28 should have mentioned vaguely that he got some kind of power to draw a NK attempt.

Not when you consider that JN players metagame the crap out of each other, and I've lied about being bulletproof on D1 before.

At this point, its more of a wifom for scum than it is town.

Agreed. You're scum trying to coast to endgame. And its going to work.

You are going to get yourself a lecture of Slats-epic proportions when you are proven wrong.

What is the WIFOM, exactly? You're full retard or only semi-retarded?

Scum has to ask themselves if I have bulletproof, am I lying and most importantly, am I claiming bulletproof to protect a more important role.

Why do I have to explain this?

On D1? Low-layers, obviously. It's almost a guarantee that around 3 mafia are just drive-by posting.

Nae and Verb are bugging me because they are familiar with the points I'm making, but both are playing a bit differently than usual, so I'm not sure what to think of it yet.

didn't you once lecture us on the evils of meta?

and glad to see JVOR is still obsessed with me, maybe he'll have as much luck convincing ya'll of my guilt as he did convincing his innocent girlfriend that anything larger then a tootsie roll was abnormal.

Jeesh, this I28 reveal stuff is giving me a headache

I thought CTM would give us a good alternative to I28, but it seems like it will be down to DPR and JF80. If I'd rank my D1 vote preference of the 3, it would be I28, DPR, and JF80.

Sucks I have to explain this.

What is the WIFOM, exactly? You're full retard or only semi-retarded?

WIFOM means "Wine in front of me" and is from a scene in the Princess Bride.

Loosely: It's 2 people each having a cup of wine. Person A tells Person B to chose his cup to drink from. Person B thinks the cup is poisoned, but he tries to read Person A's thinking. Did A poison the wine in front of him trying to trick B, or did he poison the wine in front of B in order for B to think A would trick him and thus chose his own cup? It forms an endless circle of double guessing.

I hate WIFOM I hate it !! Why is it called WIFOM ? WHY ??? Has to be a better name like MIFOM ....M = Monkey . Nae can you explain to me what WIFOM means ? After all your help with the post counts Im sure you can help here.

Rather tan giving an example SMC, just give the definition.

well, i'm voting jf80 cause i think we need another train. I hate this reveal restriction, but honestly, many mods outlaw mass reveals cause they are too powerful (even though everyone here seems to think they favor scum)..

The reality is that we lynch blind (which i don't want to do) or we choose between your reveal and the next guy/girl/jif that reveals. So pragmatically, you stand a good chance of dieing by being stupid and insisting on continuing to talk about your deal..

And we can always lynch you if we get to a point where we need another option.

Sucks I have to explain this.

WIFOM means "Wine in front of me" and is from a scene in the Princess Bride.

Loosely: It's 2 people each having a cup of wine. Person A tells Person B to chose his cup to drink from. Person B thinks the cup is poisoned, but he tries to read Person A's thinking. Did A poison the wine in front of him trying to trick B, or did he poison the wine in front of B in order for B to think A would trick him and thus chose his own cup? It forms an endless circle of double guessing.

Thanks, but I wasn't asking what a WIFOM was, I was asking what WIFOM I-28 was intending to create.

Official Vote Count:

AVM (1)- Sharrow

Hess (2) - Song, Hess

SMC (1) - Crusher

CTM (1) - SMC

DPR (4) - BG, Slats, Verb, JVor

JetFat80 (4) - WWwombat, JC, Nae, CTM

I20Ape (5) - Smash, Tom Shane, JF80, DPR, JiF

JVoR (1) - Brett

Brett (2) - Dan X, I28

Jetscode (1) - AVM

With 22 maricons alive, it takes 12 to lynch

Deadline is 4/20 at 10PM EST

didn't you once lecture us on the evils of meta?

I gave up on that quest a long time ago - half of the reasoning in this game is based on the last game, or the game before. I28 and Dan in paticular are basing plays on people's styles, which metagaming to the hilt. meh

Something had to be done to balance it out. Most games we play here has townies getting individually tailored roles with finite characters (which is fine) but then you run into the problem of having scum unable to hide anywhere. If they hold off on revealing you narrow down the pool easily (which happened in the wrestling game) and if you reveal and counter, town has a bajillion mislynches that you're basically fighting a losing battle with a counterclaim. As it is, it seems to me like 1/4 out of the total players being scum doesn't quite match up in balance in larger game as it does in smaller games due to the high amount of mislynches town has at their disposal. Since we ballooned to 20+ players a pop, it hasn't seemed to work out very well. Just my 2 cents.

Back to the game, I get why Integrity is getting a lot of heat. He's obviously one of two reveals. But the way he's defending makes me lean town. His reveal took a natural progression and he seems legitimately intent on finding out who's acting scummy. At the very least, he doesn't ping me as particularly scummy to want to lynch him. I'd rather lynch one of the other leading candidates. (DPR or J80)

I think the solution to this isn't limiting reveals, but rather not giving every single player in every game a role. It would work better if half of the players in each game were roleless, imo. But that's not as fun.

If a player says their actions are a result of mod instruction it would count as a reveal.

I think the solution to this isn't limiting reveals, but rather not giving every single player in every game a role. It would work better if half of the players in each game were roleless, imo. But that's not as fun.

Nope. Sucks to have to sit around on Day 1 as a roleless townie.

Personally, I'm torn between voting JC for being ignorant regarding I28's reveal & when/why it happened, and DPR for being so gung-ho against the ape and being so dense regarding balance; do you really think Pac has everything right in his first game?

Archived