Official Vote Count:

Hess (2) - Song, Hess

DPR (8) - BG, Slats, Verb, JVor, I28, Tom Shane, JF80, Dan X

JetFat80 (6) - WWwombat, JC, Nae, CTM, Crusher, SMC

I20Ape (2) - Smash, DPR

Jetscode (4) - AVM, JiF, Sharrow, Brett

With 22 maricons alive, it takes 12 to lynch

CLICK ME!

FYI guys, I'll only be around to post until about 3 today. I don't intend to role reveal regardless, so if I'm the primary lynch candidate at the deadline (likely, seeing as DPR is a self-proclaimed Houdini at talking his way out of a lynch) don't wait around for me. Just drop the hammer.

Edited by Jetsfan80

By the way, to my mafia friends that are also Jets fans...

I am going to a convention in Pitt in the end of October, and my goal is to be able to make that home game against Chargers.. first ever Jets home game for me, and 2nd time to NY ever!

And I SHOULD be at the away game in Oakland. 2 Jets games this year, probably will never happen again.

I believe you've said that the chimp's lynch would provide more information, but didn't really elaborate.

Dude, in all honesty I'd like a reason not to vote you. I expect you to reveal something that CTM likes and/or believes, and then the two of you will lead the lynching party on I20ape. I've been prepared to move over to JF80 all day, but you haven't helped me move in that direction.

Fair enough - here goes:

I look at D1 like the first hour of a cocktail party full of strangers, before the liquor starts to loosen everybody's tongue. There's small talk, sizing each other up, and an effort to get a feel for one another before things get interesting.

So, in this game, we did a lot of joke posting and bantering, waiting on something interesting to happen.

I28 did the first interesting thing, and became the main focus.

- I never thought much of all of his FOS'ing in the first place. Someone else said that, and I agreed.

-I agree that PAC greased the wheels for him to fully reveal, but, a townie might very well have asked the rest of the group how they wanted to play it before revealing.

* I haven't revealed yet, even though I'm the lynch leader, and I won't until L2, or the majority of the group requests it.

-Based on what I know, I didn't like his reveal.

*I don't like the role he claimed. I don't like that a BVP is wasted on a townie who's only role is to cut a deal for a vest - it just doesn't seem like something a mod would do. (Yes, this is based on my modding, and yeah, I get a little detailed with balance - but - IMO, it would be a complete waste of time to give a role like that to an otherwise powerless townie. They only become a distraction at that point. It's possible that PAC did this to create a distraction, but that gets pretty complex, and this is his first mod-job. I ain't saying he didn't do that (I know he's capable), I'm just saying that it would be unusual for a first time mod.

*I really don't like that he included the part about the vest. I know his reasons are based on something that happened last game, which I have not read, but to me, a townie would have kept that to themselves. Mafia, on the other hand, would throw that in as a cover for never being night-killed.

*I accept that the ape can make mistakes. I accept that most folks do not really want to lynch him, suspecting that he just made a bad play, but they still think he's town.

-I've admitted that I don't know if I28 is mafia or town. I don't like his play, but I also see that he is the main focus of conversation.

*At least half of the players in the game have expressed an opinion. So, no matter whether he is town or scum, we have some record of people's motivations and actions surrounding him.

-Somebody has to swing. At this point, a controlled lynch is much more preferable than a random lynch, and a No Lynch serves no purpose that I can see.

-I've always been the type of player that will trade an innocent lynch for info on D1. It just helps the game move along with evidence.

-Based on all of that, I still feel like I28 offers a good amount of info. But, now, my lynch or JF80 will serve the same purpose. The town gets info with any of the three.

That's the basic gist. If I can explain it any better, seriously, let me know.

-Somebody has to swing. At this point, a controlled lynch is much more preferable than a random lynch, and a No Lynch serves no purpose that I can see.

-I've always been the type of player that will trade an innocent lynch for info on D1. It just helps the game move along with evidence.

-Based on all of that, I still feel like I28 offers a good amount of info. But, now, my lynch or JF80 will serve the same purpose. The town gets info with any of the three.

My feeling is that a contested lynch provides a lot more info than a controlled one, as you get a lot of townies (and scum, too!) voting for the good of the town to remove what's perceived as an unimportant townie. But I also suspect that we'll wind up doing the controlled thing.

I'm leaning towards taking I20ape and JF80 at face value at this point in time.

FYI guys, I'll only be around to post until about 3 today. I don't intend to role reveal regardless, so if I'm the primary lynch candidate at the deadline (likely, seeing as DPR is a self-proclaimed Houdini at talking his way out of a lynch) don't wait around for me. Just drop the hammer.

JF80 seems to be throwing himself on his sword here. I'd be inclined to keep the monkey and his vest around for a little while, and dispose of JF80 blindly if it comes down to it. But in the meantime, I'd like to have DPR reveal - because I still think he's been the scummiest thing we have going in this game, and saddling him with a reveal now (if he is scum) will make it increasingly difficult for him to maintain as the game progresses.

But in the meantime, I'd like to have DPR reveal - because I still think he's been the scummiest thing we have going in this game, and saddling him with a reveal now (if he is scum) will make it increasingly difficult for him to maintain as the game progresses.

I agree 100% with this. He said he'll reveal if the majority wants it, and I think we need it at this point. Mostly for the reason slats is stating here - keeping the cover of a false reveal will get harder as the game progresses. If we still decide to lynch 80 blindly after DPR's reveal (assuming we buy it enough), then I'm on board with that. But, at this point, I'm not willing to vote the Ape.

Ya'll have just under 9 hours to decide what you want to do.

I'm open to options, and I'll go with the flow, but I do think it's crap that I give a thoughtful response based on requests, and basically get blown off for it.

If you're going to ask, the implication is that you're willing to discuss.

If it's just a setup, like I mentioned in an earlier post, then you'll just look like you're trying to finalize my lynch.

Slats, why say you're willing to vote on someone else if I answer a question, and then say that you're not after I do? Not exactly town like...

Ya'll have just under 9 hours to decide what you want to do.

I'm open to options, and I'll go with the flow, but I do think it's crap that I give a thoughtful response based on requests, and basically get blown off for it.

If you're going to ask, the implication is that you're willing to discuss.

If it's just a setup, like I mentioned in an earlier post, then you'll just look like you're trying to finalize my lynch.

Slats, why say you're willing to vote on someone else if I answer a question, and then say that you're not after I do? Not exactly town like...

Haha! What the hell is that? My vote is currently on you, and I said I was willing to move it to JF80. What are you talking about?

You re-hashed the points about I20ape's reveal. I don't see anything more to discuss about. Could he have done it better? Yes. The bottom line is that he didn't and it's done. You keep talking about the uselessness of an otherwise roleless townie with a vest, but around here that's actually a pretty common role. You talk about what the mod would do for balance, when Pacmod is really much more interested in laughing at all of us! Forcing the monkey to FOS everyone in the game for a banana is hysterical! SMC's posts restriction makes me laugh every time he posts!

I think you revealing on D1 is beneficial. If you refuse, then I think we should just go ahead and lynch you.

JF80 seems to be throwing himself on his sword here. I'd be inclined to keep the monkey and his vest around for a little while, and dispose of JF80 blindly if it comes down to it. But in the meantime, I'd like to have DPR reveal - because I still think he's been the scummiest thing we have going in this game, and saddling him with a reveal now (if he is scum) will make it increasingly difficult for him to maintain as the game progresses.

I'd offer this up for the masses. Force DPR to reveal. If at that point you buy his reveal and no one thinks DPR or I-28 are good lynches, lynch me. Either way, I won't be revealing, and after 3 PM, I won't be around.

Sound good?

I'd offer this up for the masses. Force DPR to reveal. If at that point you buy his reveal and no one thinks DPR or I-28 are good lynches, lynch me. Either way, I won't be revealing, and after 3 PM, I won't be around.

Sound good?

A reasonable offer. I'm game.

DPR, you going to make us run up the count on you, or are you willing to just reveal now?

Sound good?

alright CTM

• Upvote 1

alright CTM

lol. That is a CTM move isn't it. Next thing you know I'll be acting schizophrenic to get out of jury duty.

Edited by Jetsfan80
  • Upvote 1

Sound good?

Why aren't you willing to reveal. That alone would make me switch my vote.

Why aren't you willing to reveal. That alone would make me switch my vote.

I don't have a role of significance. It would be a waste. I'd much rather get some info out of DPR before I go down than waste our last reveal.

Please explain how that is a better play than the info gain from a DPR reveal (who, btw, is the other main option for today)?

I don't have a role of significance. It would be a waste. I'd much rather get some info out of DPR before I go down than waste our last reveal.

I wasn't asking you to reveal now or even today if you aren't about to get lynched. It was just an odd stance to take that if you WERE about to get lynched you were just going to withhold it.

I wasn't asking you to reveal now or even today if you aren't about to get lynched. It was just an odd stance to take that if you WERE about to get lynched you were just going to withhold it.

Perhaps, but in any case I won't be around to deal with an L-2 situation anyways, so I figured I'd point that out now.

Now, if I survive to Day 2 and beyond then of course I'd be willing to role reveal at some point, but things are trending towards a lynch of me today. I'm only withholding my role reveal in this D1 circumstance where we've already wasted a reveal.

Edited by Jetsfan80

Please explain how that is a better play than the info gain from a DPR reveal (who, btw, is the other main option for today)?

Why do we have to use both our reveals? Reveals are usually bad for the town. I think this reveal rule has everyone way too hung up on reveals. Let's just do some good old-fashioned scumhunting. JF80 is either as boneheaded as the Ape, or he is scum. Suppose JF80 is town for a second. If he really has an unimportant role, it was dumb to reveal that as it narrows the power role pool. If he has a power role, then this play is an even stupider attempt than I28's to outWIFOM the mafia. JF80 has essentially done exactly what I28 did except with no BPV claim, which is quite scummy considering how against I28's move he was.

Perhaps, but in any case I won't be around to deal with an L-2 situation anyways, so I figured I'd point that out now.

Now, if I survive to Day 2 and beyond then of course I'd be willing to role reveal at some point, but things are trending towards a lynch of me today. I'm only withholding my role reveal in this D1 circumstance where we've already wasted a reveal.

That's understandable. Just wanted to hear your rationale. Wasn't sure if you were planning on doing the withholding thing long term.

Reasonable in what sense? He's refusing to reveal at all.

It's pretty obvious at this point that the lynch targets are I28, DPR, or 80....with JC there as well. The train on JC completely lost steam, and most people aren't willing to lynch I28 today. That leaves either DPR or 80.

Now, we already had 1 reveal today, and have only 1 left. That has to be either DPR or 80. Between the two, we've been pushing a little more in DPR's direction (at least I have). From 80's POV, which I thought was obvious when he said he wouldn't reveal, is that he's essentially claiming nothing important to the town (in his opinion). We can't verify any of this, but DPR specifically stated that he'd reveal if pushed. Considering he's a main candidate for today, it seems reasonable for DPR to reveal and we judge that reveal and decide whether to lynch DPR anyway.....or blind lynch a player that has suggested a non-power role (80).

If we choose 80, well DPR revealed and has to maintain that image - if he's town, it'll be easy...if he's scum, we'll likely catch a slip.

If we choose DPR anyway, we could always force 80 to reveal another day when we have 2 fresh reveals available. But with 1 reveal spent already, we have limited options. I feel that the option 80 has presented is reasonable given the situation we find ourselves in right now.

Catching up right now...been crazy busy at work the last couple of days and limited at night.

Why do we have to use both our reveals? Reveals are usually bad for the town. I think this reveal rule has everyone way too hung up on reveals. Let's just do some good old-fashioned scumhunting. JF80 is either as boneheaded as the Ape, or he is scum. Suppose JF80 is town for a second. If he really has an unimportant role, it was dumb to reveal that as it narrows the power role pool. If he has a power role, then this play is an even stupider attempt than I28's to outWIFOM the mafia. JF80 has essentially done exactly what I28 did except with no BPV claim, which is quite scummy considering how against I28's move he was.

I find this post extremely scummy for multiple reasons. It's D1. Scumhunting is at its lowest point. A reveal can provide a lot of information that can be used in subsequent days. Also, you have no idea what role 80 has. Is he telling the truth? Is he bluffing with nothing to back him up? Is he bluffing and has a vest or something to draw the NK in case of a WIFOM situation? You have no clue, and to state it is a bad play without the benefit of all the information and hindsight is not only scummy, it's short-sighted.

I find this post extremely scummy for multiple reasons. It's D1. Scumhunting is at its lowest point. A reveal can provide a lot of information that can be used in subsequent days. Also, you have no idea what role 80 has. Is he telling the truth? Is he bluffing with nothing to back him up? Is he bluffing and has a vest or something to draw the NK in case of a WIFOM situation? You have no clue, and to state it is a bad play without the benefit of all the information and hindsight is not only scummy, it's short-sighted.

Heading to work, just wanted to +1 this post before I did...

Very scummy post out of nowhere from www.wombat.com

Mass reveals are not.

Not in a balanced game. Power roles either out themselves and get slaughtered or have to lie and risk getting caught.

Not in a balanced game. Power roles either out themselves and get slaughtered or have to lie and risk getting caught.

Meanwhile scum get backed into a corner as more and more reveals come out. Goes both ways.

lol. That is a CTM move isn't it. Next thing you know I'll be acting schizophrenic to get out of jury duty.

rrrepd

scumhunting on d1 is fools gold, sure lynch the most suspicious and maybe get lucky, but most likely, collectively with scum influencing, we're lynching a townie. Agreed on the rest, except for reveals being bad for town, i think they're good, in games like we've been playing where normally everyone is roled in some way..

Not a whole lot to catch up on. Dont really see JC going anywhere and AVM admitted he didnt have anything more than just gut instincts. Kinda makes me want to vote AVM...but I know that aint going any where. I'm jump on the JF80 train. Dont like his refusal to reveal and since he's nothing special supposedly...dont see why its a bad place to lynch.

And I'm just not going to lynch DPR on day 1 his first game of the season.

Unvote JC

Vote JF80

I'm reading it as more of an arrogance tell then anything, his main accusor is now under pressure, so in his mind, he's the victor

You are never this big of a baby about how I play. Shut up already.

Verbal and Slats, I think both off you know far better than to consider yourselves a majority. Trying to force me to reveal before the rest of the game has a chance to weigh in is absolutely scummish.

I've already stated that I'm willing to reveal to a majority of players asking for it, or when I get to L2...I think that's fair and responsible to the town.

Now, take a deep breath - I'm gonna blow minds with this one:

There are mafia games where very few players, if any, ever reveal. Seriously, the basic dynamic of the game is that the mafia knows more than the town, and giving them all the information they need through reveals is only helping them.

I believe this is where Wombat is coming form, and I totally agree with him. Scumhunting is a far better technique for the town than running up the lynch to force a reveal. Ulitmately, the town plays in concert with one another to protect as much information as possibel, thus protecting the power roles and giving them a chance to scum-hunt before the scum can pick them off.

You can read all about this in my book "SHHHH! DPR's Mafia Secrets."

Anyway, we're not going to change that one today, so my offer stands.

Exactly.