DanX (1) - Crusher

JiF (3) - Slats, TomShane, Ape

CTM (1) - JVOR

BG (1) - JC

Sharrow (1) - CTM

Hess (1) - Wombat

with 20 maricons alive, it takes 11 to lynch

Deadline is 4/25 at 10PM EST

I just super smart is all. I pray to the Gods and stuff, that always helps too.

Ok, Slats is clear. I say you and I just get together and think this out for 5 minutes. Just like that, boom...game over, town wins.

I've already posted a string of posts from you with no sign of a post restriction at all. The site cut me off from posting how many in a row it really was. I went back to when we were first discussing I28's reveal, and I could easily string together another 20 posts in a row where you make no mention of your alleged greatness.

So either your post restriction is bullsh*t, or Pac doesn't really give a crap about the restriction he gave you.

I'm not claiming any sort of investigative role other than an ability to use the search function on this site. I encourage others to do the same if they think for a moment that I'm lying about your extremely lax adherence to your supposed PR.

He's lying about the PR. As soon as I figured out what a PR was, I knew he was lying about it. Dirty ****stick.

I'm going to take the calculated risk of again taking up for DPR. In the quote you just used CTM, he goes so far as to say he thought Pac would set things up similar to his PM. He goes on to say he thinks several people may have PR's (though it reads wierd with the roles, names, PR bit...I rarely find games where someone doesn't have a name, but that may just be the norm here?).

Just because DPR is wrong about the PR's doesn't mean he's lying. SMC obviously has one, I28 and DPR are both claiming to have something different than SMC. A couple others seem to be acting like it, myself included, but I personally don't have one. I'm just posting like this because I feel like it. As usual, there's a method to my madness...but also as usual, it's probably dumb and will get the town no where. I will, however, get a great deal of joy out of it, and hopefully some others are too so...yeah.

I actually feel better about DPR than most anyone else(other than SMC). I feel pretty good about JiF, just with how he's interacted with me. I can't see him going strong after me two games in a row that he was scum. It's not that I'm "too good" for that or some nonsense, he's just the type to switch things up.

I like I28 as town right now, and if I had to pick on CTM I'd lean town.

JC has handled this "pressure" very, very well. Some of the people have acted wierd with all this (aside from myself, obviously). Not sure what to think of most of it yet. I'd still like to see him face serious pressure, as in L-2.

Regardless...the spirits are restless and demand JC's head. Though, I think if I asked nicely they may be willing to let him slide for a day.

Scummy post dude...at first thought you were just playing...now your saying you have the scum's ear...fair enough...blowback is a bitch.

Because it's a holiday weekend, I'm bored, you're a tool, and I'll be here on Monday.

Doesn't keep you from going ahead and backing up what you say with a record that can be judged later.

Look out, CTM. You're apparently sweating the technique of Immanuel Kant v2.0

I like someone who can bring Kant into a game of Mafia...thoughts on this quote...

The “phenomenal” world, said Kant, is not real: reality, as perceived by man’s mind, is a distortion. The distorting mechanism is man’s conceptual faculty: man’s basic concepts (such as time, space, existence) are not derived from experience or reality, but come from an automatic system of filters in his consciousness (labeled “categories” and “forms of perception”) which impose their own design on his perception of the external world and make him incapable of perceiving it in any manner other than the one in which he does perceive it. This proves, said Kant, that man’s concepts are only a delusion, but a collective delusion which no one has the power to escape. Thus reason and science are “limited,” said Kant; they are valid only so long as they deal with this world, with a permanent, pre-determined collective delusion (and thus the criterion of reason’s validity was switched from the objective to the collective), but they are impotent to deal with the fundamental, metaphysical issues of existence, which belong to the “noumenal” world. The “noumenal” world is unknowable; it is the world of “real” reality, “superior” truth and “things in themselves” or “things as they are”—which means: things as they are not perceived by man.

Ayn Rand

I like someone who can bring Kant into a game of Mafia...thoughts on this quote...

The “phenomenal” world, said Kant, is not real: reality, as perceived by man’s mind, is a distortion. The distorting mechanism is man’s conceptual faculty: man’s basic concepts (such as time, space, existence) are not derived from experience or reality, but come from an automatic system of filters in his consciousness (labeled “categories” and “forms of perception”) which impose their own design on his perception of the external world and make him incapable of perceiving it in any manner other than the one in which he does perceive it. This proves, said Kant, that man’s concepts are only a delusion, but a collective delusion which no one has the power to escape. Thus reason and science are “limited,” said Kant; they are valid only so long as they deal with this world, with a permanent, pre-determined collective delusion (and thus the criterion of reason’s validity was switched from the objective to the collective), but they are impotent to deal with the fundamental, metaphysical issues of existence, which belong to the “noumenal” world. The “noumenal” world is unknowable; it is the world of “real” reality, “superior” truth and “things in themselves” or “things as they are”—which means: things as they are not perceived by man.

Ayn Rand

are you the oracle?

Ayn Rand

Man knows of existence only as the housefly knows of existence. No more, no less. All else is a fiction.

We can talk this through if you like Wombat.

I'm willing to attend mediation/counseling.

I'm actually feeling a bit better about you lately, but I don't have anyone else. I thought I had something with JiF but he ended up rejecting me. Guess I need to fill out a bit.

I'm willing to attend mediation/counseling.

I'm actually feeling a bit better about you lately, but I don't have anyone else. I thought I had something with JiF but he ended up rejecting me. Guess I need to fill out a bit.

Take a look at BG...scummy early and scummy late...AVM is another option at this point...just saying.

Official Vote Count

Slats (2) - Verb, DPR

AVM (1) - JiF

JC (7) - AVM, Dan X, SMC, Sharrow, BG, Smash, Hess

DanX (1) - Crusher

JiF (3) - Slats, TomShane, Ape

CTM (1) - JVOR

BG (1) - JC

Sharrow (1) - CTM

Hess (1) - Wombat

with 20 maricons alive, it takes 11 to lynch

Deadline is 4/25 at 10PM EST

Man knows of existence only as the housefly knows of existence. No more, no less. All else is a fiction.

Great stuff...You've summed up Kant exceptionally well. I may have to take another philosophy course...

Don't give Tom too much credit. He probably just read that off a bumper sticker.

Since your on, I'll throw this out and you tell me what you think:

I28 - no PR, but has a role that allows him to "make deals" with the mod. To make the deal, the mod gives him a very PR like task.

*This still just strikes me as redundant. We know that PR's are out there, so why would Pac give a role, then a task, that could have just as easily been a PR? Plus, as Mod, Pac didn't need to give the ape a role that allowed him to make deals. The Mod would just PM him and say "Hey, I've got a deal for ya. Want it?", which would have left that option open for other players as well. According to I28, he has to have a role to let him do that, but that's backwards...

Plus - and I'm surprised no one has talked about this - Pac's scene looks a lot like the geeker got a chance to do "a deal" for a reward. Do we think that whoever the "geeker" player is also has a specific role that allows them to make deals.

Noen of that makes any sense to me.

Moving on...

SMC has an obvious PR. I have a different PR. How many different types of PR's, deals, and surprises does Pac really have worked out, and since "he's doing all of this in his head" - heh - how is he keeping track of all of the different variations on roles and PR's.

There are other PR's, but I ain't gonna talk about them.

What do you think?

I think you are focusing too much on prs and "prs" and losing sight of what should matter more.. forget the "pr" aspect of Monkey's reveal and decide if the ROLE is truthful and if he is town.

If he's telling the truth about the nature of the role he WASN'T forced to do it. He had the option of doing so to earn something. It was use it or lose it but no one MADE him.

This, exactly.

Which is why I said Pac and I argued over semantics. These are the semantics. I still think Pac was wrong, because I accepted a deal and it wasn't PR because I had to "do" something once to earn the vest - BUT, it is what it is. Just a game, he's doing a great job modding, so I'm not going to get all sour grapes.

So Monkey boy was very specific about NOT having a pr and you think it's odd that his Non-pr was not similar to your ACTUAL pr? But you are ok with the fact that SMC's pr has to be done every single post whereas yours doesn't?

This little lady knows just what to say...

Archived