Thoughts and prayers to the Raleigh, NC crowd

AVM

Yep. I'm lucky to be in New Hanover County but Bladen and Sampson County are basically neighbors and are about to get hit hard.

My hometown (Wilson), got hit really hard. Greenville barely missed the first bullet, but we're looking at another close call in a bit.

Wow, that's unusual for NC, and all of the southeast and midatlantic. Expect to hear about them in TX and OK, but not there.

Hope you're all safe, and thoughts to everyone in the path.

Tornadoes are pretty common in NC. The rash of tornadoes we got on Saturday were not. It appears that a cold front aloft was to blame for this outbreak.

And believe it or not, but tornadoes in NC are possibly even more dangerous than those in the Great Plains because they're harder to predict. They're more shallow and thus harder to capture on radar, giving meterologists less time to warn people on the ground that they're coming.

Scary stuff.

Tornadoes are pretty common in NC. The rash of tornadoes we got on Saturday were not. It appears that a cold front aloft was to blame for this outbreak.

And believe it or not, but tornadoes in NC are possibly even more dangerous than those in the Great Plains because they're harder to predict. They're more shallow and thus harder to capture on radar, giving meterologists less time to warn people on the ground that they're coming.

Scary stuff.

The thing with these were they were exactly the opposite. They stayed on the same path, and stayed on the ground for what seemed like forever on a couple occasions. That, and they were huge. I'm used to the shallow one's you're referring to, not the couple of gigantic one's we saw. A middle school a county over was destroyed, there was the Lowe's in Sanford that was completely demolished that everyone's seen, just massive damage you don't see around here over that long a stretch.

The thing with these were they were exactly the opposite. They stayed on the same path, and stayed on the ground for what seemed like forever on a couple occasions. That, and they were huge. I'm used to the shallow one's you're referring to, not the couple of gigantic one's we saw. A middle school a county over was destroyed, there was the Lowe's in Sanford that was completely demolished that everyone's seen, just massive damage you don't see around here over that long a stretch.

That's true, these were of a very different variety. Must be global warming.

By the way, did you see this video from some crazy bastard in Wilson, NC?

P.S. Our boys are heading to Greenville Tuesday night for the 2nd and final round of the ECU-UNCW battle of 2011. Hopefully we'll put up a much better fight in Clark-Leclair than we did here at Brooks Field.

That's true, these were of a very different variety. Must be global warming.

By the way, did you see this video from some crazy bastard in Wilson, NC?

P.S. Our boys are heading to Greenville Tuesday night for the 2nd and final round of the ECU-UNCW battle of 2011. Hopefully we'll put up a much better fight in Clark-Leclair than we did here at Brooks Field.

Not only have I seen it, I know the guy. Grew up in Wilson. And I'll be there Tom night. You guys beat us here last year and we are really bipolar this year. I expect a close one this time

Not only have I seen it, I know the guy. Grew up in Wilson. And I'll be there Tom night. You guys beat us here last year and we are really bipolar this year. I expect a close one this time

Nice. I like the guy's answer to why he was so calm. "I was a marine, and I love Jesus". Sounds like a man to get a drink with.

I was at last year's game in Greenville. I think that game was about 17 hours long with the umpire consistently calling a floating strike zone for both teams.

I was at last year's game in Greenville. I think that game was about 17 hours long with the umpire consistently calling a floating strike zone for both teams.

yeah my least fav baseball memory. Car got broken into during the game too. So the bar is quite low for this game :P

Archived