NFL schedule released tomorrow night

faba

Email Print Comments By John Clayton

ESPN.com

Archive

The NFL will officially announce the 2011 schedule on Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET.

The schedule will be released on NFL Network.

Despite the uncertain labor situation, the schedule is still being released in mid-April, as usual. However, the preseason schedule, announced on April 12, was late because of scheduling issues in Minnesota due in part to repair of the roof that was damaged last season.

The NFL announced Monday that the Chicago Bears will play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in London this season. The game will be in Wembley Stadium on Oct. 23. If the labor problems last until Aug. 1, the game will be rescheduled for Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.

The Bucs will return to the British capital for the second time in three years, having lost to the New England Patriots at Wembley in 2009. For the Bears, the game on Oct. 23 will mark the 25th anniversary of having played a preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys at the stadium.

It is the fifth year in a row that the NFL stages a regular-season game in London.

ESPN will also have programming to dissect the schedule.

Email Print Comments By John Clayton

ESPN.com

Archive

The NFL will officially announce the 2011 schedule on Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET.

The schedule will be released on NFL Network.

Despite the uncertain labor situation, the schedule is still being released in mid-April, as usual. However, the preseason schedule, announced on April 12, was late because of scheduling issues in Minnesota due in part to repair of the roof that was damaged last season.

The NFL announced Monday that the Chicago Bears will play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in London this season. The game will be in Wembley Stadium on Oct. 23. If the labor problems last until Aug. 1, the game will be rescheduled for Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.

The Bucs will return to the British capital for the second time in three years, having lost to the New England Patriots at Wembley in 2009. For the Bears, the game on Oct. 23 will mark the 25th anniversary of having played a preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys at the stadium.

It is the fifth year in a row that the NFL stages a regular-season game in London.

ESPN will also have programming to dissect the schedule.

Max, can we merge this with Brenda's post?

Various NY sports radio outlets are saying opening night, 9/11 Sunday will be Jets/Giants.

Personally would rather we not have a home game on 9/11, but there will be games no matter what.

Big hope is an at Miami game in early December.

Various NY sports radio outlets are saying opening might, 9/11 Sunday will br Jets/Giants.

Personally would rtaher we not have a home game on 9/11, but there will be games no matter what.

Wish this game was on an early Sunday afternoon later in the year.

Wish this game was on an early Sunday afternoon later in the year.

There is going to be so much build up to that game if it happens on Sept 11. To me it will take away somewhat from remembering the people in that tragedy.

Various NY sports radio outlets are saying opening night, 9/11 Sunday will be Jets/Giants.

Personally would rather we not have a home game on 9/11, but there will be games no matter what.

**** YES!

Braggin rights and egos are on the line on National TV. These NFl fxcks need to work out this labor sh!t so I can get psyched!

Prepare for a bunch of Sunday night games and 2 Monday night games. Good luck selling those tickets.

Why would anyone sell their seats during this fabulous Super Bowl season that the Jets will embark upon soon?

All I know is we have to improve how we play at home... and next year our home schedule is brutal. road schedule isn't that bad though.

winning 5 games at home would be a big accomplishment with how the opponents look right now.

Really good point, they need to play better at home. They seem to have the road thing worked out...

I just read an article saying it will be Cowboys @ Jets on the first sunday night football game of the season. I'm glad it isn't jets giants, I know people wanted it because of 9/11, but I don't think it sends the right message with probable brawls between fellow new yorkers that will surely take place in the stands. Cowboys makes sense because its "America's Team" vs a team from New York.

If you want to see what your Revis jersey looks like soaked in your own blood, we have a road trip to Philly.

Phaack wearing a Revis jersey and phaack going to Philly. If this Miami thing is happening week 17 we're looking at the game being on New Years Day. Uhh...New Years in Miami? Where do I sign up

I hate dealing with giants fans so I hate it.. But very smart of the nfl to do jets giants on the 24th... The stadium would have only been 3/4 full at best... Now with all the giants fans scooping up tickets it wwill be a full house.

Archived