*Record stops*, Ryan Clark RIPS Goodell

Matt39

You try getting the facts straight. They sold PSL's as an investment. Something you could own and then sell when you were done with your tix. It's 100% bullsh*t, but that was their selling point.

I did not get priced out. I'd've strongly considered paying more than you did had they built the covered stadium in Manhattan. I'm not spending that kind of money to schlep to Giants sh*thole II, featuring better TV's and luxury boxes, and more seats to sell, but not much else for the average fan.

People in NY have money. Tens of thousands of those people who previously held season tickets or were waiting for years on their waiting list bailed at the thought of PSL's. You think you you paid a fair price for what you got? That's fine with me, too. Most people would disagree. You pay a premium for the right to buy tickets, so you can pay a premium to park when you get there, and pay a premium for a beer or a hot dog when you finally get to the stadium. As much as I may love football, I know a rip-off when I see one. You can have it.

I'm not bitter, Dude. This has nothing to do with bitterness. I just like getting something close to fair value when I spend my money.

That is BS and you know it... they specifically told you (if you actually go that far) that they were not an investment and could be worthless.

You did get priced out, that does not mean you could not afford it. You chose not to, you were priced out. If it cost 1/10th the price you would have bought them.

You are very bitter.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is BS and you know it... they specifically told you (if you actually go that far) that they were not an investment and could be worthless.

You did get priced out, that does not mean you could not afford it. You chose not to, you were priced out. If it cost 1/10th the price you would have bought them.

You are very bitter.

he just said he would have bought tickets/PSL if they moved into Manhattan. What are you talking about?

I dont blame him for not wanting to the same exact Stadium we had before at a higher price.

he just said he would have bought tickets/PSL if they moved into Manhattan. What are you talking about?

I dont blame him for not wanting to the same exact Stadium we had before at a higher price.

Right and he would have bought them in NMS if they were cheaper with no PSLs... he got priced out.

Priced Out does not = cannot afford

Bread used to cost 5 cents a loaf once too... sh*t gets more expensive... and sometimes you get priced out... no need to be bitter about it...

If the PSLs were $5 bucks he wouldnt have a moral issue with them.

Right and he would have bought them in NMS if they were cheaper with no PSLs... he got priced out.

Priced Out does not = cannot afford

Bread used to cost 5 cents a loaf once too... sh*t gets more expensive... and sometimes you get priced out... no need to be bitter about it...

If the PSLs were $5 bucks he wouldnt have a moral issue with them.

It's going to be a load of fun when the Jets raise your tix to $200 a piece.

It's going to be a load of fun when the Jets raise your tix to $200 a piece.

I expect the tickets to shoot up 3-5% a year... with a few years of steady prices in between....

If I ever get priced out... I will not be a whiney, bitter, bitch.

I expect the tickets to shoot up 3-5% a year... with a few years of steady prices in between....

If I ever get priced out... I will not be a whiney, bitter, bitch.

Yes you will ;)

Gillette opened in 2002 and my tix were $99 back then. By 2008 those same tix were $169.

Yes you will ;)

Gillette opened in 2002 and my tix were $99 back then. By 2008 those same tix were $169.

I used to pay 2-3 times face value for awesome seats to big games... now I have awesome seats to all of the games... they would have to crank tickets to $300ish to really piss me off over the next decade.

The Jets were pissed when the Giants apologized to their fans for imposing a PSL at a time when the Jets were putting the finishing touches on their marketing strategy to sell them as worthwhile investments. This was well reported at the time.

Probably not. Even at 1/10th the price, it's not worth it for me to drive to NJ (and pay $25 to park, etc.) and sit in the elements. A Manhattan facility -with a roof- where I could've conveniently taken mass transit to the games would've been a completely different story.

You are very bitter.

See above, I'm not bitter in the least. Simply stating the fact that tens of thousands of fans recognized that PSL's are a complete and total rip-off, and caused them to forfeit or abandon their dream of owning season tickets. No bitterness involved at all.

And I find it comical that you continue to post about it being a wise investment for yourself. It's the main reason I reply, so you'll post again about what a great deal it is for you to have gotten the opportunity to pay thru the nose for the right to pay thru your nose for tickets. And then once you have your tickets, you get to be fleeced again to park your car or buy anything at the concession stands. It really is pretty awesome.

The Jets were pissed when the Giants apologized to their fans for imposing a PSL at a time when the Jets were putting the finishing touches on their marketing strategy to sell them as worthwhile investments. This was well reported at the time.

Probably not. Even at 1/10th the price, it's not worth it for me to drive to NJ (and pay $25 to park, etc.) and sit in the elements. A Manhattan facility -with a roof- where I could've conveniently taken mass transit to the games would've been a completely different story.

See above, I'm not bitter in the least. Simply stating the fact that tens of thousands of fans recognized that PSL's are a complete and total rip-off, and caused them to forfeit or abandon their dream of owning season tickets. No bitterness involved at all.

And I find it comical that you continue to post about it being a wise investment for yourself. It's the main reason I reply, so you'll post again about what a great deal it is for you to have gotten the opportunity to pay thru the nose for the right to pay thru your nose for tickets. And then once you have your tickets, you get to be fleeced again to park your car or buy anything at the concession stands. It really is pretty awesome.

Again it is not an investment, it is an expense. For someone who is trying to cold heartedly bash a financial decision you sure seem to have a hard time with that one.

You would have taken the tickets for $5/seat... but at this price you got priced out... oh well... 70k+ people did not... sorry you did... doesn't make you any less of a fan...

Archived