**** Official Hockey East 2011-2012 Season Thread ****

Gainzo

Lowell has 6 games remaining and have a shot at the regular season Hockey East Title. Huge series this weekend against BU. Friday night game at Lowell, Saturday night game at BU. I'm hoping for a win Friday as that would give Lowell the season series.

Lowell is the only team in the Country without a tie. They are 19-8-0.

No matter what happens going forward this has been an awesome season for the River Hawks.

BTW: Thanks Mass Attack for beating BU last Friday!

Lowell has 6 games remaining and have a shot at the regular season Hockey East Title. Huge series this weekend against BU. Friday night game at Lowell, Saturday night game at BU. I'm hoping for a win Friday as that would give Lowell the season series.

Lowell is the only team in the Country without a tie. They are 19-8-0.

No matter what happens going forward this has been an awesome season for the River Hawks.

BTW: Thanks Mass Attack for beating BU last Friday!

It is going to be tough to overcome BC. They have a fairly easy scheudle with Providence and Vermont. It is not as cake as BU's (Northeastern and Vermont).

Lowell will earn it no doubt.

It is going to be tough to overcome BC. They have a fairly easy scheudle with Providence and Vermont. It is not as cake as BU's (Northeastern and Vermont).

Lowell will earn it no doubt.

Lowell isn't going to finish 1st but one win this weekend against the Mack will secure home ice for the playoffs. I can't remember the last time Lowell had home ice for the Hockey East playoffs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lowell ends up playing UNH.

In other news a BU player was arrested for rape on Saturday night http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20220220bu_hockey_player_faces_rape_rap

Lowell isn't going to finish 1st but one win this weekend against the Mack will secure home ice for the playoffs. I can't remember the last time Lowell had home ice for the Hockey East playoffs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lowell ends up playing UNH.

In other news a BU player was arrested for rape on Saturday night http://bostonherald...._faces_rape_rap

UNH is such a young team this year. If they can replace their leading sscorer next year, they could be real ood in the next few years.

the young team thing in my experience turns out to pretty elusive. Many college players play their freshman season until they are eligible to professional contracts and then head off to the NHL and Canadian development leagues to get their careers started. I was at a Regional final four in Albany one season and looked at the program and about 80 percent of the players on all four teams were freshmen.

the young team thing in my experience turns out to pretty elusive. Many college players play their freshman season until they are eligible to professional contracts and then head off to the NHL and Canadian development leagues to get their careers started. I was at a Regional final four in Albany one season and looked at the program and about 80 percent of the players on all four teams were freshmen.

No doubt.

The good thing for the Wildcats, no one is exactly setting the world on fire. Which in of itself does not exactly fill you with great expectations.

• 2 weeks later...

The dust has settled and Northeastern is out of the Hockey East playoffs. UVM was eliminated about a month ago. Here are the matchups for this weekend.

#8 UMass @ #1 BC

#7 Providence @ #2 Lowell

#6 UNH @ #3 BU

#5 Merrimack @ #4 Maine

All are best of 3 series with Providence/Lowell starting things off on Thursday. All the other series are Fri/Sat/Sun (if needed).

Lil Bit and I will be at Tsongas on Thursday night before he heads off to Flordia for vacation.

Ferreira%2520Goal%25203-1%2520%25201a.jpg

Eff BC and the student body who indirectly contribute to the piddling priest hush fund. Plus, I've never encountered a more smug, absolutely delusional alumni in my life. Arseholes. Hey.... yes, you, double eagle douche,.... no, you are NOT Harvard with relevant sports. Yeesh.

Eff BU and the ho's and rapists that go there.

Eff NU for sucking. :(

Three deciding games later today.

Lets Go Catz!

Indeed. Please knock BU out tonight.

I'm heading up to Lowell, and the Beer Works, in a few hours. The Lowell/PC game is at 4. Win or lose Lowell is most probably going to the NCAA's.

Soooo.......who is starting the 2012-2013 thread?

You know I will start it :-P

Even though Lowell lost and will not be going to the Hockey East semi's they still have a decent chance of making the NCAA's. The selection show is on ESPNU at noon on Sunday.

BC is a lock, BU is pretty much a lock while Lowell and Maine should make it. That gives Hockey East 4 teams in the tourney.

If Lowell makes it I'm pretty sure they are going to be shipped off to Green Bay or St. Paul, while BC goes to Worcester and BU to Bridgeport. Not sure where Maine would end up.

You know I will start it :-P

Even though Lowell lost and will not be going to the Hockey East semi's they still have a decent chance of making the NCAA's. The selection show is on ESPNU at noon on Sunday.

BC is a lock, BU is pretty much a lock while Lowell and Maine should make it. That gives Hockey East 4 teams in the tourney.

If Lowell makes it I'm pretty sure they are going to be shipped off to Green Bay or St. Paul, while BC goes to Worcester and BU to Bridgeport. Not sure where Maine would end up.

Yeah, USCHO has them as a bubble team, but puts them in the West region.

Here are the matchups for the Hockey East teams.

Friday:

Lowell vs Miami (OH) at 6:30PM in Bridgeport, CT

Saturday:

BC vs Air Force at 4:00PM in Worcester, MA

Maine vs Minnesota-Duluth at 7:30PM in Worcester, MA

BU vs Minnesota at 5PM in St.Paul, MN

The games are on ESPNU and ESPN3 (the internet site) if anyone is interested.

BC are overwhelming favourites but a BC/Maine matchup on Sunday would be fun to watch.

Archived