Pixies in Milwaukee

drago

I was ready to travel the country if the Pixies were playing close enough...now all i have to do is stumble ten minutes from my door step to see one of the most influential bands in rock history. oh man...46 hours remain.

anyone else see them live? needless to say, my expectations are high.

Jealous.

i'm still stunned...of all cities in this country....milwaukee? really????

There was this boy who had two

Children with his sisters

They were his daughters

They were his favourite lovers

I got no lips, I got no tongue

Where there were eyes there's only space

I got no lips, I got no tongue

I was ready to travel the country if the Pixies were playing close enough...now all i have to do is stumble ten minutes from my door step to see one of the most influential bands in rock history.

They're good no doubt, but saying they're one of the most influential bands in rock history is insane.

I was ready to travel the country if the Pixies were playing close enough...now all i have to do is stumble ten minutes from my door step to see one of the most influential bands in rock history. oh man...46 hours remain.

anyone else see them live? needless to say, my expectations are high.

I've seen them twice. The last time, the played the entire Doolittle album. They're excellent. You're going to have a very good time.

If they come back to NY, I'll be going again.

I've seen them twice. The last time, the played the entire Doolittle album. They're excellent. You're going to have a very good time.

If they come back to NY, I'll be going again.

good to hear. i hope they do some from surfer rosa but i'm sure it won't dissapoint.

and bengal guy...i hear their name dropped as much as any from all kinds of bands. had they played in the 60's they would be regarded as another velvet underground. Not winning in the charts but influencing whoever comes after...jmo

good to hear. i hope they do some from surfer rosa but i'm sure it won't dissapoint.

and bengal guy...i hear their name dropped as much as any from all kinds of bands. had they played in the 60's they would be regarded as another velvet underground. Not winning in the charts but influencing whoever comes after...jmo

I think that's a fair comparison.

You're almost certain to hear Gigantic and Where Is My Mind, at the very least. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

You seriously believe that?

i know i do.

cobain was on record as saying that teen spirit was a direct pixie rip off. obviously they liked other bands but nirvana had some mod-style creepy, "i want to do the pixies in the butt" thing goin on.

I've only seen Frank Black...never seen the full line up. Seen the Breeders a couple of times. Love Kim Deal.

They're good no doubt, but saying they're one of the most influential bands in rock history is insane.

Ummmm, saying their not is insane. As others have mentioned, grunge scene never happens without the Pixies...and they blow all those sh*tty bands out of the water to begin with. None of those wannabees ever came close to making anything as significant as the Pixies. Dont care what mainstream america says.

Being that it was a doolittle concert, they obviously played all of doolittle, every song was amazing but some of my favorites (off the album) were crackity jones, mr. grieves, gouge away and hey. they played quite a few b-sides, into the white was awesome then they did bone machine, where is my mind (of course), gigantic and break my body. they did two renditions of wave of mutilation.

Show stopping song of the night had to be Tame. freakin awesome stuff.

I feel like they have officially ruined my ability to ever watch another concert. Maybe radiohead and surely another crack at the Pixies but holy crap was it amazing.

Being that it was a doolittle concert, they obviously played all of doolittle, every song was amazing but some of my favorites (off the album) were crackity jones, mr. grieves, gouge away and hey. they played quite a few b-sides, into the white was awesome then they did bone machine, where is my mind (of course), gigantic and break my body. they did two renditions of wave of mutilation.

Show stopping song of the night had to be Tame. freakin awesome stuff.

I feel like they have officially ruined my ability to ever watch another concert. Maybe radiohead and surely another crack at the Pixies but holy crap was it amazing.

Tame and Hey are my 2 favorite Pixies songs.

No Pixies, no Radiohead.

I wish they would play near me. Debaser is probably my favorite.

No Pixies, no Radiohead.

I wish they would play near me. Debaser is probably my favorite.

One of the guys i was with said the same thing. After their 3 or 4 B-sides, Debaser lead it off. Needless to say, they did a great job. I can't stop listening to live from the BBC...haha

Archived